Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
It plays perfectly out in my head. Tout l'univeeeeeaaahhhh all I know, all I knowowow

Sorry not sorry :)

Shadowfuxcs

It plays perfectly out in my head. Tout l'univeeeeeaaahhhh all I know, all I knowowow

Sorry not sorry :)
Noooo there are many differences in those parts, it's just a man singing in falsetto and in the particular case only one of them can actual hit the notes. :p
Well to me the two songs sound nothing alike but each to their own. If I go too deep into this I will end up bashing Duncan way too much. But it would be so much better is we turned the narrative around and said that Duncan and his song are a poor version of Gjon. Gjon is younger and less experienced yet to me he feels much more mature artistically with a more defined music style and also he is the best singer of the two by a mile.

midnightsun

Veteran
I am pleased for Switzerland to have won the juries and for a Top 3 result, but I am also pleased this song did not win after all.

First of all, I personally did not feel it.
But my more important points are that this song sound like French Arcade, and I am happy Eurovision did not walk this lane again. I also think this song is a little to safe, and Italy, although I don't feel it neither, is more original and can help improve Eurovision.

Furthermore, I think Switzerland did not have a rewarding staging. Too grey, too Bulgaria 2017, too forced. It was unoriginal, disconnected, also the wardrobe was pretty strange. Gjon just left the impression of being a very stange kid.

I would have set a more beautiful staging with Monument Valley sunset and then starlit sky with Milky Way.

Nooooooo dear, please don’t throw shade at my lovely Gjon! :cry: Wir sind doch sonst immer oft d'accord! Breaks my heart! xcry
At least we can agree on Ukraine, right? ;)

Ezio

Veteran
Ukraine is my drug. Don‘t worry 😢

Jopi

Oh I was so impressed by Gjon! I found the song really emotionless and robotic when it came out, but on the Saturday night I really felt his emotions. His voice is out of this world. The performance was also great, so artistic, loved it! I wouldn't be mad if he won. Great job! In 2022 Switzerland will finish in 2nd place?!:p

GWTW1939

I found the performance strangely hypnotic and couldn't look away even if I was cringing at parts of it at the same time :lol:

Everybody was talking about the strange staging, bad moves and expressions and raiding his mom/aunts closest but I think his singing in falsetto did more hurt to the televote then anything else. Not many people will warm up to that, they find it too strange.
Either way he finished 6th in the televote so he didn't flop. But even if he stood on a dark stage with a piano it probably would have only gained him a little more. Certainly not enough to win though

Iker

Veteran
I found the performance strangely hypnotic and couldn't look away even if I was cringing at parts of it at the same time :lol:

Everybody was talking about the strange staging, bad moves and expressions and raiding his mom/aunts closest but I think his singing in falsetto did more hurt to the televote then anything else. Not many people will warm up to that, they find it too strange.
Either way he finished 6th in the televote so he didn't flop. But even if he stood on a dark stage with a piano it probably would have only gained him a little more. Certainly not enough to win though
I don't think that this high pitched falsetto hurt him in any way. He sounded the same as on the studio record, and most were rather impressed and not estranged by it afaik. It was beautiful and not too strange. He was right on the key.

That falsetto of Blas on the other hand was both weird and unpleasant.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
24th Italy... yeah right! They should be ashamed. It’s even worse than the infamous Portugal/Bulgaria voting. Yet Gjon managed to win the jury vote even without the Italian points. Take that, Italy!

And almost as embarrassing: only 2 points from the German televote (one was probably my fifteen votes :ROFLMAO:).

Ezio

Veteran
I have been awarded a trophy: SWITZERLAND CHAMPION. Cool, I did not think I was the most active here, lol.
xheat

esc87fan

24th Italy... yeah right! They should be ashamed. It’s even worse than the infamous Portugal/Bulgaria voting. Yet Gjon managed to win the jury vote even without the Italian points. Take that, Italy!

And almost as embarrassing: only 2 points from the German televote (one was probably my fifteen votes :ROFLMAO:).
I found the Italian jury thing quite strange. Did they deliberately vote Gjon down because he was a threat to Maneskin for the title?

Anyway, his vocal is beyond anything I've heard in the years I've been following ESC - I'm literally watching his final performance several times a day because it's so good. At 22, he's got a bright future ahead of him and I can't wait to hear more from him (word has it there's a collaboration with Go_A brewing). I'll definitely buy his album when he puts one out!

Top Bottom