Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
Reminder that it's against the rules to discuss politics in this part of the forum, regardless of the severity, direness or urgency of the situation.

This is obviously a very serious situation that is on a lot of people's minds and rightfully so, we just ask that you please continue this in the already designated Israel/Palestine thread (where all your posts concerning the conflict have been moved to):

https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/israel-palestine.3680

A-lister

Veteran
Reminder that it's against the rules to discuss politics in this part of the forum, regardless of the severity, direness or urgency of the situation.

This is obviously a very serious situation that is on a lot of people's minds and rightfully so, we just ask that you please continue this in the already designated Israel/Palestine thread (where all your posts concerning the conflict have been moved to):

https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/israel-palestine.3680

Makes sense, although that thread now looks mostly like a discussion about Israel and Eden in Eurovision anyways (but with a very slight political twist I guess) :lol:

Anyways, crossing my fingers she'll make it to the finals on Tuesday, it's definitely going to be among one of the entries I'll vote for.

crashworld

Veteran
Makes sense, although that thread now looks mostly like a discussion about Israel and Eden in Eurovision anyways (but with a very slight political twist I guess) :lol:

Agreed. I was surprised that our conversations were moved from this thread. We are mostly discussing about how this situation has potential impact on Eden/Israel's chances in the competition. But never mind.

Can't believe it's going to be in another 2 days. I am so excited yet worried for Eden. But from the Eurovision instagram, she is training hard in her hotel building her stamina. Hopefully she will be able to deliver a flawless vocal performance. The whistle notes are no longer a problem. It's the rest of the song where she needs to stop sounding "breathless" or "unstable" as some people claim.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Agreed. I was surprised that our conversations were moved from this thread. We are mostly discussing about how this situation has potential impact on Eden/Israel's chances in the competition. But never mind.

Can't believe it's going to be in another 2 days. I am so excited yet worried for Eden. But from the Eurovision instagram, she is training hard in her hotel building her stamina. Hopefully she will be able to deliver a flawless vocal performance. The whistle notes are no longer a problem. It's the rest of the song where she needs to stop sounding "breathless" or "unstable" as some people claim.

Yeah, I understand the mods decision to some degree, but it's not really like the discussion fit that thread more than this but oh well...

We'll see what will happen, I cross my fingers.

Milos-BC

Quite a big downgrade from "Feker Libi". She's a great performer but this song somehow lacks personality. It will stay in the semi 99%.

3 points.

crashworld

Veteran
At this rate, I don't think I have the courage to sit through SF1 or at least through the results.

If only they didn't pick "Set Me Free" and gone ahead with one of the other 2 songs, I would have been OK with Israel not qualifying (although I will still feel sad for Eden).

I feel so defeated. I know it's not final yet, but the atmosphere around Eden and her entry and her performance is just so discouraging. I think even if Eden truly slays and up her game tomorrow, it just feels that it's not enough.

Eden, wishing you all the best of luck! May you be treated with fairness, dignity and respect.

iowacorn

At this rate, I don't think I have the courage to sit through SF1 or at least through the results.

If only they didn't pick "Set Me Free" and gone ahead with one of the other 2 songs, I would have been OK with Israel not qualifying (although I will still feel sad for Eden).

I feel so defeated. I know it's not final yet, but the atmosphere around Eden and her entry and her performance is just so discouraging. I think even if Eden truly slays and up her game tomorrow, it just feels that it's not enough.

Eden, wishing you all the best of luck! May you be treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
It isn't over yet! I mean did bb kill the jury semi today? From what I heard, no. But she's still over 50% in the odds. Every year is full of surprises and Eden has more charisma than most of her competitors. Eurovision is always full of surprises. Most of what we read is from Eurovision fanatics. The basic, average person has yet to have their say. We have yet to see where this goes!

crashworld

Veteran
It isn't over yet! I mean did bb kill the jury semi today? From what I heard, no. But she's still over 50% in the odds. Every year is full of surprises and Eden has more charisma than most of her competitors. Eurovision is always full of surprises. Most of what we read is from Eurovision fanatics. The basic, average person has yet to have their say. We have yet to see where this goes!

From what I've heard through the livestream, vocally she sounded great. But the press was pretty lukewarm with their response. I know that's not an indication, but with the recent events in Israel and how people are talking that may impact her chances makes me feel that maybe she won't get enough jury support to get her through.

I'm trying my best not to get impacted by all these "noises" (odds, ESC press and fandom bubble) and still hoping for the best for Eden.

Chorizo

It's okay but no favorite of mine. 7 points from me.

Iker

Veteran
From what I've heard through the livestream, vocally she sounded great. But the press was pretty lukewarm with their response. I know that's not an indication, but with the recent events in Israel and how people are talking that may impact her chances makes me feel that maybe she won't get enough jury support to get her through.

I'm trying my best not to get impacted by all these "noises" (odds, ESC press and fandom bubble) and still hoping for the best for Eden.

I have a gut feeling she will Q today though.

bstream

Severely underrated by the oddsmakers. Solid performance, great vocals. It follows the same kind of staging Israel has had since 2015, with a lot of focus on the backing singers/dancers. This was my first time hearing the revamp, and I think the song has become much more radio-friendly.

Preuss

Eden has such an amazing voice and I hate that people are booing -- and just booing in general

it's like in 2014 with Russia -- booing at Russia because their leaders are homophobic is equivalent to people booing and hating on you in general because your parents are homophobic or whatsoever.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
So happy she made it, i love Eden is so nice and great, the song started grew on me more and more after revamp and i saw her qualifying and i am happy that politics didnt stop her

Top Bottom