9ofWAfy.jpg
FvVzLo0.jpg
8mabVIs.jpg
FvVzLo0.jpg
9ofWAfy.jpg

QiIku3P.jpg

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to the FSC May 2021: "Non-English Language - Part 2" Spin-Off

Join us in another fun round of music and exciting competition.

gM2bhmo.jpg

FSC SPIN-OFF
Bonus

A beautiful Non-English Language song by the
Icelandic singer Hanna Guðný Hallgrímsdóttir

Welcome!
Please submit your entry

gM2bhmo.jpg

The Rules for this FSC May 2021: ‘Non-English Language - Part 2’ Spin-Off

1. Any member at ESCYounited.com may take part. Individual participation (one person pr entry)
2. Choose a country (one country pr person). Any available country can be chosen
3. Choose an original song from that country in a Non-English Language
4. The song can be from any timeperiod (see *exceptions below)
5. The song can be in any music style/genre but Covers/Remakes are not allowed
6. An artist may only take part for one country pr edition. First come, first serve
7. A song may only take part once pr edition. First come, first serve
8. All kinds of videos can be used. No MP3s will be used in this edition, just videos

- *but the following are not allowed: ESC/FSC/FSC Spin-Off songs from 2021-2018, and songs that are in English Language

Added info:

Note that if the artist or song you wish to take part with has been entered already in this edition, you need to choose an other.

If a song was in original Non-English Language but an English Language version of the song became better known or more popular, it can still be entered in its original Non-English Language version.

If there is doubt as to whether a song is eligible (Non-English Language and original), the FSC Mod Host will decide the matter.

We had a first FSC “Non-English Language” Spin-Off 3 years ago in June 2018. Members have intermittently over the years suggested it would be fun to have another one at some point and we think this May 2021, 3 years later, is a good time for a second such fun edition.

- FSC Spin-Off Wikia -> https://esctodaycom-forum-song-cont...Esctoday.com_Forum_Song_Contest_Spin-Off_Wiki

- FSC Wikia -> https://efsc.fandom.com/wiki/Escunited.com_Forum_Song_Contest_Wiki

NB! PM me, Malagant with your chosen Non-English Language song. Include a music/pic video (if possible).

List of reserved/confirmed countries (flags) will be posted below and updated on a regular basis.

Deadline for entries: 10th May, 23:59 CET

The FSC Spin-Off Show: 11th May, 20:00 CET
The Voting Deadline: 25th May, 23:59 CET
The Results Show: 27th May, 20:00 CET

8PAWWmO.jpg

1FAzvLl.jpg

Confirmed countries: 22
(R= reserved C= confirmed, entry sent)

:me: (Journalist) - - - ----
:mk: (VasilijeM)-- - - -----
:gr: (theditz83)--- - - -- -
:se: (Malagant) -- - - - - -
:ua: (AlekS)----- - - ---------
:be: (aardvark)---- ---- - ---
:fr: (Zorjan)-- ---- - - - - ---
:il: (Uto) - --- -- ------- - ----
:es: (Ausesken) - - - -- ---
:kr: (Mike)--- - -- - ---------
:ru: (NicoRobin) - --- - ----
:my: (hawadharma)-- --- -
:bg: (A-lister)---- ------- - ---
:tw: (fango)------- - - ------ -
:au: (Geborgenheit)----- -
:pr: (Marite)-- ----- - -- - ---
:dz: (Gera11)-- -- -----------
:rs: (Stole)------- - - ------ -
:jp: (SwedishFailurez) -
:fi: (heke1988) - - - - - -
:ca: (JChan) ----- - ------ -
:az: (Bakinka) - --- - -- ---

1FAzvLl.jpg

8PAWWmO.jpg

Welcome to another fun FSC Spin-Off!
tqcd9Op.gif

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Clarification: Non-English Language songs with parts in English

I thought I had covered most eventualities in this FSC Spin-Off edition's rules, and we don’t want to add too many rules to these Spin-Offs which are meant to be simpler than the ordinary FSC-editions, but several members have contacted me regarding the matter of Non-English Language songs with parts in English and I see that this issue needs addressing.

The purpose of this FSC Spin-Off is to assemble songs which are Non-English Language in nature. As I see it, a few English words here and there in the song will not dominate the song nor impact heavily on the purpose of this edition, so that will be allowed.

It is difficult to give an assessment in % how much English is allowed in a song, but it must be very small insignificant amounts in the entry. 80% Non-English and 20% English would for example be far too much.

If anyone has such a case and is in doubt, contact me as FSC Spin-Off Host and I will make a judgement call on the specific entry in question.

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

hawadharma

Clarification: Non-English Language songs with parts in English

I thought I had covered most eventualities in this FSC Spin-Off edition's rules, and we don’t want to add too many rules to these Spin-Offs which are meant to be simpler than the ordinary FSC-editions, but several members have contacted me regarding the matter of Non-English Language songs with parts in English and I see that this issue needs addressing.

The purpose of this FSC Spin-Off is to assemble songs which are Non-English Language in nature. As I see it, a few English words here and there in the song will not dominate the song nor impact heavily on the purpose of this edition, so that will be allowed.

It is difficult to give an assessment in % how much English is allowed in a song, but it must be very small insignificant amounts in the entry. 80% Non-English and 20% English would for example be far too much.

If anyone has such a case and is in doubt, contact me as FSC Spin-Off Host and I will make a judgement call on the specific entry in question.

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

Thanks for the clarification, @Malagant ;)

I believe we have to respect the Spin-Off theme, and what's the harm of sending a completely non-English song just for once? ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification, @Malagant ;)

I believe we have to respect the Spin-Off theme, and what's the harm of sending a completely non-English song just for once? ;)
@hawadharma You are welcome.

With my clarification we will be respecting this FSC Spin-Off theme. There will be a minority of entries which have some very small parts in English. All entries will be treated the same by all participants when it comes to considering the songs for points.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We have 18 participants so far (see flags in the top post), thanks for all entries received!
Keep on sending in your entries, folks - there are many countries available still! xcheer

heke1988

I take :fi:.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
12 hours until the deadline

It is still possible to take part with a song,
but please do hurry! Welcome! xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
The deadline is now passed. Thank you, all for submitting entries for this FSC May Spin-Off edition xup

We are 22 countries taking part in the FSC 'Non-English Language - Part 2' Spin-Off which is great! (see list of countries/flags and players in the opening post)

I will post an official Running Order for this edition in due course - and the FSC Spin-Off Show (from a secret destination.. will be a surprise ;)) tomorrow, Tuesday at 20:00 CET! xcheer

Top Bottom