So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Girlllll ok we know you can sing, we see you, chill.
Can u now please sing je me casse with the actual instrumental version?

great cover regardless. reminded me of glee. such nostalgia xheart xheart

theditz83

Veteran

I literally just came here to post THIS EXACT THING!!!?111?!!!!!?1111!!!!!111!1

Like come on, is the Maltese delegation just deliberately punishing me now, cos I'm starting to take Destiny's lack of an actual live vocal performance of the actual song in its Eurovision format as a personal attack, no joke IOTAP

Sis, give us the goods already! I know the rehearsal is around the corner, but come on - just one little one minute snippet from your bedroom even 🥴

@crashworld I read statistics by an informal tumblr eurovision community (just google key words) and they wrote that Malta's entry had recently the biggest daily change of YT views by 100.000 per day.

They consider this impossible and attribute those to a planned manipulative tactic.

There are also some unexpected changes in view counts, e.g. Russias song being viewed more and more, but that can be easily explained by the Russian population on one side and Manizha's trully exceptional and surprising live performances at Adriatic pre-party.

DanielLuis

Covers being posted in the actual Eurovision official channel is taking it a bit too far with their on-season context expansion IMO. I mean interviews and videos getting to know the artists are great, acoustic and symphonic versions of their entries are understandable, but 40 minute documentaries and full on covers of Eurovision-unrelated songs is just ridiculous.

What instrumental? There are no instruments there, the software is an instrument.

But she really did an outstanding acoustic version on Spanish pre-party, I wish she could perform that one on ESC stage.

tararaaam

A bit too much negativity, no? I feel like she has been attracting unnecessarily much negativity, almost reaching Rafal levels. And that will probably have polarizing effect, which will benefit her I assume, considering there is no negative voting.

A bit too much negativity, no? I feel like she has been attracting unnecessarily much negativity, almost reaching Rafal levels. And that will probably have polarizing effect, which will benefit her I assume, considering there is no itnegative voting.

It's a good song, but people are annoyed maybe with agressive marketing around it.

There are also other good songs and potential winners, but these contestants are more engaged in other type of outreach to the audience such as interviews on social media.

They make their approach more personal and connect with people, whereas Malta's strategy is more industry / corporation based marketing strategy that shuts down the channels of distribution to other competitors by collaborating with bookies.

It gets annoying. Yeah.

The song as I said is good, she is an amazing singer (kudos), but it's starting to wear off by so much presence. And she has to perform 2 times, not once like big 5, at the stage.

People will start searching for other options if she doesn't make a little low-profile untill semis.

İ dont care much about agressive marketing etc but i am annoyed that she did 59929593 live versions of her entry but never did a main one.

May be they are afraid to crash with odds if its not met warmly
Well those zillions live versions of everything is a part of marketing strategy haha.

As I said, the song is overproduced digitally. It's hard to play any instruments live and recreate live studio melody line. That's why they play it safe. And call the only available live as "acoustic".

Preuss

Sacha Jean-Baptiste might be the downfall of this entry...

mauve

Veteran
In the beginning, I really liked this entry, but by now it bores me very much and I skip the song evrytime I listen to the 2021 entries. Yes, she has a very good voice, but that isn't all that counts. I actually can imagine that she won't do as well with the televotes as we may think now.

crashworld

Veteran
Sacha Jean-Baptiste might be the downfall of this entry...

Not completely ruling out this possibility considering how she basically wrecked the hot favourites (Bulgaria and Australia were hot favourites pre-rehearsals) after the rehearsals started.

Top Bottom