Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst

The band had an interview with eurofestivalitalia and they talked a little about eurovision.

in short they said:

- They are honored to represent Italy and they are working hard, rehearsing everyday to give us a good performance.

- They have prepared an ad-hoc performance for the event that will reflect 100% their idea of a live concert since it's something they miss a lot and want to show this side of them and make us feel all the energy of their music. There will be some surprises.

- They are very curious about Blind Channel «with 'Dark Side' they are proving to have an unique energy».

- They'd like to reach an international audience and do another european tour as they did with their first album.

- In their last album they wanted to recreate the atmosphere from the 70s' analog bootleg recordings- live in studio, with a 'rawness' that reflects their idea of live music. They wanted a sound that represented them perfectly.

- Regarding what they try to communicate through their looks they said «in everything we do, that being our music or what we wear, we like to send a message of positivity and freedom, to encourage others to free themselves from societal constructs and pointless filters, to not be afraid of judgments and to forget labels.»

I saw yesterday review by this community of Zitti e buoni. I'd like to thank Matt, who doesn't like the song for specific reasons, but appreciates the quality and understands why others love it.

That's a definition of a having a negative opinion, a statement, but with respect! Not like others who troll "it's noise and garbage I don't understand why people like it" or "they like it only because it's from Italy" or "the song is liked only by some teen band fans".

There was something intriguing in whar Matt said in his review, 2 points very interesting: 1. He cannot grasp melody 2. It's repetitive.

I understood why he said that. People who listen usually pop songs, especially ESC audience, always has a problem with connecting with rock music.

You can notice that with 2 Turkish entries - Manga's We could be the same and Mor ve Ötesis Deli.

Deli is a pure rock song. It was less appreciated and didn't compete for win. But it was in terms of music better than Manga's.

Manga's song percieved as rock almost won the ESC, with a little trick. It was a pop song actually, it only seemed like it was rock to people who are not experienced with rock music.

That's an old Beatles trick in music! You know now why it seems to you like a pop whereas everybody claim them rock.

So, rock always has a problem with pop audience because in order to really "hear" a rock song, you would have to understand the rules of creating music in a 4-member band, and how the melodic line is created, braked, end then recreated again in 3 mins rock songs, in the interplay between bass guitar and electric guitar and the vocal "sitting" on the right momentum of every line.
Damiano practically has to rap in second chorus due to the guitar lines, otherwise it would be a mess.

So Zitti e buoni has a very strong and solid melodic line and for Matt (IDK how to tag him here) and others whom I try to #openup more to rock music, I'm putting here a video of a review of Zitti e buoni by a professional musician.

You should watch a review because this man has explained, in basic language for non-musicians, how instrumental / melody lines are created and played in Zitti e buoni. He explains when each instrument engages, so you can make a difference between them, and the points in the song from which the melody starts to progress into a new melodic line.

Despite the song sounding repetitive to some, as Matt said, the review explains how song is actually made out 3 different parts, each chorus is completely different, with Damiano completely changing vocals in each part, and having the so called 3rd chorus that breaks the melodics of the song.

I hope it will influence you to better understand rock, though I know that will not make you like better this entry.

Btw I'm so glad he mentioned Deli from Mor ve Ötesi, that band actually became very known in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina after ESC and is loved here. Some of us learned Turkish because of it haha.

And btw the topic od Deli (herkes akıllı, bir ben deli) - Everybody's sane but me being crazy one - quite similar to Siamo fuori di testa ma diverso da loro. ❤

Btw why are Turks missing on this rock topic this year hahaha?

Selamlar Türkiye, neredesiniz??

Last edited:

Amethyst

You should watch a review because this man has explained, in basic language for non-musicians, how instrumental / melody lines are created and played in Zitti e buoni. He explains when each instrument engages, so you can make a difference between them, and the points in the song from which the melody starts to progress into a new melodic line.

Thank you for posting this review.xlove I love it. It's nice to see a take by an expert where personal tastes are put aside in favour of enjoying the diversity of music and highlighting the work put in it... [unlike that other ''''''expert''''' that spent half of the time complaining about the song not being in english - the horror :eek:- and even asked what the word Måneskin written on the drums was - I mean...xexcuseme...:lol:]

At the end - experts or not- there are essentially two kind of people: those who get curious and listen to the songs with an open mind [that doesn't mean to necessarily like them] and those who closes their ears and run off scared at the first guitar distortion/vocal fry/word they don't understand. Hopefully the formers outnumber the others.xcheer

Last edited:

Remisan

I like it. I doubted how this song would sound acoustically, but it sounds wonderful xheart
I like the acoustic versions of Belgium, France, Latvia and Italy

And they will be on Instagram today.

Last edited:

Zeus

I wonder if the fanbases of entries like Italy and Ukraine are just really loud, or really big. Might be a big difference for the televoting result. Any insides here?

Italy's song has many favourable reviews from past ESC jurors that have given formal review on Germany's ZDF1 and Norwegian TV as well. So the general audience in these countries had already seen Maneskin on TV.

Also many nice reviews from international review channels and ESC forums and communities who watch Sanremo.

Scandinavian countries google the band because of the name and the bassist, both Danish.

Italy's at home fanbase is loud in comments on SM,(mostly in Italian haha). But also many people from other countries comment on Italian entry.

The band has many songs in English so it is accessible to foreign fans.

So yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion haha that Maneskin are already known around Europe.

From where I come from, Croatia, that even doesn't matter because Italian is an official language in one Croatian region and its capital Rijeka is known here as a "the capital of rock".

If only Rijeka and parts of that region votes Italian entry, that's a 12 from Croatia.

We also gave Mahmood a 12, both televote and the jury.

Same applies to Switzerland, Albania and some other neighbouring countries.

Ukraine's entry was released almost a year ago, thus everybody knows it.

MAD20

I could hear today this song being played in a clothes store here in Spain. I do normally not pay attention to music in stores but this came after a ballad and well what a bop. :lol:

hijirio

Veteran
My friends who are not ESC fans loved this one the most, when I played them ESC songs the other day.
They are straight.

giphy.gif

I could hear today this song being played in a clothes store here in Spain. I do normally not pay attention to music in stores but this came after a ballad and well what a bop. :lol:
That's right, isn't it the type of song that makes you stop and listen and jive from the opening second of an intro!

General audience feels it, IDC really what some commentator hyping about Romania and Malta thinks. This song is a miracle among all others haha.

Just don't fail at the stage like Mahmood, my dear Maneskin.

Looking at the current top. 10 in the odds, and assuming that one of the songs there ultimately will end up winning (although of course we can see surprises), then I really hope Italy will make it. I'm afraid, as per usual, the juries will be the ones that will stand in their way if anything.
Professional jurors from past juries love it so far, it's their favourite. There were evaluation TV shows at ZDF Germany and Norwegian TV.

IDT the juries will downgrade it, it's top quality production, they are listening to songs with different pair of ears from ours haha

A-lister

Veteran
Professional jurors from past juries love it so far, it's their favourite. There were evaluation TV shows at ZDF Germany and Norwegian TV.

IDT the juries will downgrade it, it's top quality production, they are listening to songs with different pair of ears from ours haha

I'd really questioning the bolded parts tbh. If we look at jury voting patterns from the past decade (or frankly any decade), this is not something they would get massively behind, it's way too left-field and progressive for their delicate "professional" ears.

I hope that this year they can prove us all wrong for a change, but I wouldn't count on it and I wouldn't be shocked if they even rank Italy outside of the top. 10... Sweden will of course be top. 3 as per usual xshrug

The problem with the current odds top. 10 is that nothing, except for Italy, would add something fresh to Eurovision. It's not as if all songs there are bad, but the current top. 3 (France - Switzerland - Malta) are just quite atypical for what one could expect from Eurovision, Bulgaria is simply a snoore, Iceland and Lithuania aren't perhaps the most typical tracks, but I personally don't find them competent enough to be winners (or even top. 10 if I'm going to be honest) (both acts really declined alot from their 2020 attempts), Sweden is just bringing another generic in the-middle-of-the-road Pop by the dozens and Finland, well that one might differ a bit, but a Linkin Park entry winning in 2021? If it's oughta be a rock entry, Italy feels more authentic.

Italy isn't even my personal winner, but if it's between mentioned songs, then Italy would be the most exciting win!

If we look at jury voting patterns from the past decade (or frankly any decade), this is not something they would get massively behind, it's way too left-field and progressive for their delicate "professional" ears.

I hope that this year they can prove us all wrong for a change, but I wouldn't count on it and I wouldn't be shocked if they even rank Italy outside of the top. 10... Sweden will of course be top. 3 as per usual xshrug

The problem with the current odds top. 10 is that nothing, except for Italy, would add something fresh to Eurovision. It's not as if all songs there are bad, but the current top. 3 (France - Switzerland - Malta) are just quite atypical for what one could expect from Eurovision, Bulgaria is simply a snoore, Iceland and Lithuania aren't perhaps the most typical tracks, but I personally don't find them competent enough to be winners (or even top. 10 if I'm going to be honest) (both acts really declined alot from their 2020 attempts), Sweden is just bringing another generic in the-middle-of-the-road Pop by the dozens and Finland, well that one might differ a bit, but a Linkin Park entry winning in 2021? If it's oughta be a rock entry, Italy feels more authentic.

Italy isn't even my personal winner, but if it's between mentioned songs, then Italy would be the most exciting win!
I love you haha, I really do!

Ok I love rock and know rock, but I also like Rihanna or Kylie Minogue or Adele.

I'm not the type who's faning about Maneskin entry just because I like band, Italy, or I worship rock only, what other people who claim that Italy is overrated say about fans of this entry.

It is exactly what you said, that out of 39 songs one can choose, this is something different.

But not different as a circus (Netta haha), different as to the genre, authentic artistic creation of the song, authentic performers and stage presence.

Not only that is different and much original effort has been put in it by the band members, but it is pure quality.

I know rock from the 60's to this day and this is trully a masterpiece song.

For the general audience that is noticeable.

For us who like rock, this band earned a big "mark this and follow as a possible new era of modern rock"! I have friends and see random people on national ESC forum who stream the albums of this band on Spotify every day.

In terms of the ESC, I want this to win because it trully makes a difference and an impact and the quality of it deserves a win.

On the other side, that is also a reason why many people wouldn't like it to win, because that would be revolutionary for the ESC format, other alternative performers could decide to compete as well guided by the Maneskin experience, and that could change a recognizable pop-bop idea of the ESC. Maneskin today, Marilyn Manson tomorrow? Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo haha

A-lister

Veteran

Ok I love rock and know rock, but I also like Rihanna or Kylie Minogue or Adele.

I'm not the type who's faning about Maneskin entry just because I like band, Italy, or I worship rock only, what other people who claim that Italy is overrated say about fans of this entry.

It is exactly what you said, that out of 39 songs one can choose, this is something different.

But not different as a circus (Netta haha), different as to the genre, authentic artistic creation of the song, authentic performers and stage presence.

Not only that is different and much original effort has been put in it by the band members, but it is pure quality.

For us who like rock, this band earned a big "mark this and follow as a possible new era of modern rock"! I have friends and see random people on national ESC forum who stream the albums of this band on Spotify every day.

In terms of the ESC, I want this to win because it trully makes a difference and an impact and the quality of it deserves a win.

On the other side, that is also a reason why many people wouldn't like it to win, because that would be revolutionary for the ESC format, other alternative performers could decide to compete as well guided by the Maneskin experience, and that could change a recognizable pop-bop idea of the ESC. Maneskin today, Marilyn Manson tomorrow? Oh no, oh no, oh nooooo haha

I'm usually not a rock fan tbh, but I can like some rock every now and then and this is one of those moments.

As you point out, this is something fresh and progressive to Eurovision, but not only that, it's still a competent and well composed rock song and hopefully the juries and viewers will appreciate it. As I said, and seems like we agree, this would mean so much more to the Eurovision brand than any of the current odds. top 10 if it would win.

I hope this is a year where native language, progressive and forward-thinking entries will do surprisingly well (Ukraine, Russia, Italy), but for that to be possible the juries who usually downvote such entries need to be onboard for a change.

A-lister

Veteran

*double post*

Last edited:

lacrymea

Rock fan here and this song (and Maneskin body of work, for that matter) is the real deal. It's authentic, polished, well composed, it's got it all.

If a rock song is to win anytime soon, let it be something as good and as solid as this.

Though I've been rooting for France from the get go, I'm secretly hoping Italy takes the whole thing.

Top Bottom