Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst

For the record this is yesterday performance at the Adriatic pre party:

can I say that I like the way they are gradually 'turning up the volume' of their performances?
They started with a very 'muted' one [while dressed as accountants:LOL:] and now this - more energetic but [obviously] not as their usual shows. I wonder what they have concocted for the final xpopcorn

BTW, I found this IG page where fans are translating some of their interviews/videos in english for those who want to know more about the band - at least it's something to try to make up for the lack of info available...xshrug

I like it more without orchestra, it sounds edgier and more intense, plus Victoria's bass line is just perfect.

@Mimmon nice review.

Have you all seen the wiwibloggs review? I read the comments below and they are mostly furious.

But not because of the grades, the participating blogers who weren't reviewers gave better grades and Italy, on the contrary to the reviewers' intentions, ended up 1st on the list.

The scandal was stirred by the comments that Damiano is inciting to violence by the "cutting troat" gesture. Hahaha, I couldn't believe that one.

Then they said people like the entry only because Damiano is hot (with that I disagree haha) and will vote for the entry because of the feelings "down under".

Good to know we are at least not blind when we are obviously deaf haha.

And in the end some people advocating for LGBT rights demanded an apology from wiwis because they alledgedly implied that Maneskin is using gender fluidity for commercial success. That was trully disrespectful, as much as I know this band from their start promotes non-discrimination, Damiano on purpose wears skirts and dresses up as woman, they criticize "vicious" masculinity societies, and Damiano has now recently advocated publicly for a rape victim.

The review all in all was a blasphemy full of lies against the band that had nothing to do with the song itself.

The incitement to violence allegations were, at least for me, the most senseless thing I have ever heard.

People got righteously angry.

I edited the post before nudiecrudi replied.

Last edited:

Amethyst

I like it more without orchestra, it sounds edgier and more intense, plus Victoria's bass line is just perfect.

@Mimmon nice review.

Have you all seen the wiwibloggs review? I read the comments below and they are mostly furious.

But not because of the grades, the participating blogers who weren't reviewers gave better grades and Italy, on the contrary to the reviewers' intentions, ended up 1st on the list.

The scandal was stirred by the comments that Damiano is inciting to violence by the "cutting troat" gesture. Hahaha, I couldn't believe that one.

Then they said people like the entry only because Damiano is hot (with that I disagree haha) and will vote for the entry because of the feelings "down under".

Good to know we are at least not blind when we are obviously deaf haha.

And in the end some people advocating for LGBT rights demanded an apology from wiwis because they alledgedly implied that Maneskin is using gender fluidity for commercial success. That was trully disrespectful, as much as I know this band from their start promotes non-discrimination, Damiano on purpose wears skirts and dresses up as woman, they criticize "vicious" masculinity societies, and Damiano has now recently advocated publicly for a rape victim.

The review all in all was a blasphemy full of lies against the band that had nothing to do with the song itself.

The incitement to violence allegations were, at least for me, the most senseless thing I have ever heard.

People got righteously angry.

I edited the post before nudiecrudi replied.
So they basically gave an example of what 'Zitti e Buoni' is talking about: people being judgmental and spewing nonsense without having a clue.

The band's look its simply them being themselves, having fun and experimenting things while trying to bring down stereotypes and toxic masculinity. They literally started wearing make up because once they tried Victoria's and they felt good in it. It's not something they do to appeal to a specific market.

Damiano years ago was insulted in Rome for wearing a crop shirt [ here is the video where he talked about it - it's in italian obv ] he was strolling around Piazza di Spagna when 2 policemen 'commented' on his outfit, he gave them a glare and they got angry at him and even raised their voices. He didn't engaged them further and went away. After a while he received the same comment by an english girl and that saddened him because it meant that mentality wasn't just limited to the typical idiotic, close-minded 'italiano medio' but still present all around the world. He concluded the video saying: «more comments like that we're going to receive more make up and nail polish we're going to wear and more skin tight and 'effeminate' - as you like to define it- our clothes will became. So here's an advice: from time to time try to open your minds to let all that shit you have there out and let some fresh air in.»

Their outfits at Sanremo weren't just about 'being glam and cool'. It was a message - a very important one.

Also, Damiano despite his ''rock'' attitude is one of the most sensible and good-natured artist I know [ the last example as you said it's him going against an italian politician that was perpetuating the concept that if a girl reports a rape ''too late'' its not really rape] he uses his privileged position and platform in an extremely intelligent way to spread positive messages and he is definitely the least violent person you can find -

1603ccbecc32bc5cf5689bf2aa35e74e78b1b40d.png

- one of the core message of its lyrics is to 'use your own rage and turmoil to do something constructive' and 'to transform negative feelings in fuel to change things in a positive and creative way' just like they did.

To accuse him-them of inciting violence is so out of the mark and hurtful it's not even funny.

Remisan

I've seen on the net and much more nonsense about them. And I don't even want to repeat it. xpuke

I think that in the case of wiwi it is more like “I don’t like it and I’ll say the first bullshit that came into my head”, rather than a deliberate action. (although ... who knows)

People sometimes say stupid things without thinking, it happens. But it is unlikely that wiwi will apologize to the artists.
Although they should have.
They don't just chat on the forum, they do reviews that are watched by a lot of people. :mad:

Last edited:

Remisan

So they basically gave an example of what 'Zitti e Buoni' is talking about: people being judgmental and spewing nonsense without having a clue.
Exactly.
Yes, I also read this story about the police and I know Damiano's opinion on this issue. It's sad that there are some conservative people in Italy
This shit about the "sale of gender neutrality" was very unpleasant.

Last edited:

sucof

Italy is conservative .... in southern Italy they have been elected governors of the region openly homosexual, and we are talking about southern Italy where it is thought that people are even more conservative and traditional!
Italy has elected a transsexual deputy in parliament in the 2006 (Vladimir Luxuria), before other Western countries that seem more "open" like the United States or north europe for example.
this is to say that we should not generalize on an entire nation just for some stupid comments heard on the street or stereotype of decades ago, comments that are heard all over the world.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Italy is conservative .... in southern Italy they have been elected governors of the region openly homosexual, and we are talking about southern Italy where it is thought that people are even more conservative and traditional!
Italy has elected a transsexual deputy in parliament in the 2006 (Vladimir Luxuria), before other Western countries that seem more "open" like the United States or north europe for example.
this is to say that we should not generalize on an entire nation just for some stupid comments heard on the street or stereotype of decades ago, comments that are heard all over the world.

Oh please, don't try to take the piss on other people. You know very well how much Sh**a*y is a living hell for whoever is not a straight white man, especially for LGBT people, it doesn't pass a day that we don't hear news about a gay/lesbian person who's beaten up, kicked out by their family, discriminated, bullied in school etc. And all of this because the right-wing politicians approve of this kind of behaviours, just look at how much they're opposing the approvation of the ddl Zan.

sucof

Oh please, don't try to take the piss on other people. You know very well how much Sh**a*y is a living hell for whoever is not a straight white man, especially for LGBT people, it doesn't pass a day that we don't hear news about a gay/lesbian person who's beaten up, kicked out by their family, discriminated, bullied in school etc. And all of this because the right-wing politicians approve of this kind of behaviours, just look at how much they're opposing the approvation of the ddl Zan.
Don't be a fanatic and don't tell lies about it. Italy is no different from other Western states, with the same human and political problems when dealing with a delicate issue. Luckily we are in a democracy, and in a democracy there is a majority and an opposition that is divided according to each issue, do not self-ghettoize yourself!
if you want to see conspiracies and discrimination around every street corner because you are angry with the whole world or with your neighbor, you are free to do so, but this is just your opinion, please do not generalize!
with this I no longer answer

Last edited:

Gordon_Shumway

To me this is just noise, sorry Italy.
Which means: It will be successfull because the songs I hate are always successfull.
Besides, I have the impression that Italy gets hyped every year just because it's Italy.
Entries that I like mostly do not reach the final (beautiful melodies, singing instead of shouting, meaningful lyrics and such stuff), it is what it is.

To me this is just noise, sorry Italy.
Which means: It will be successfull because the songs I hate are always successfull.
Besides, I have the impression that Italy gets hyped every year just because it's Italy.
Entries that I like mostly do not reach the final (beautiful melodies, singing instead of shouting, meaningful lyrics and such stuff), it is what it is.
So Mahmood's Soldi was shouting with no melody and he had bad lyrics without meaning and was overrated like any Italian entry? Hahahahha. Oh please!!!

Yeah Kurt Cobain shouted and screamed in Smells like teen spirit, but he has 1.2. BILLION views on YT, and the song was published before YT even existed.

Yeah so more than 1.2 billion people on this world loves shouting, and can hear a melody in the rock song.

If that's too disturbing for you, now what can you do, better go on Nirvana's YT channel and ask them why they are so stupid to watch that a billion times. But take into consideration that the reaction you'll receive could not be favourable haha.

Btw apropos "just noise", you weren't sent by here by Deban?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 In response to that I refer you to the end of the video of SLTP, where Cobain screams repeatedly "A denial, a denial, a denial". 🤣

Anyway, came here for another thing, more important than trolling against Italy on the ESC haha.

Past members of Norwegian professional jury graded Italy with 12 points (all of them) ranking Italy first. They love love looooove the song.

The review here, just turn on the titles in English

As much as I was afraid of professional juries, I'm not worried anymore. They are musicians after all, they actually hear the song.

They know that Damiano is not autotuned and there are no back vocals, they hear the instrumental lines (melody, unlike some haha) each separately (beat by the drum, electric guitar giving baseline, bass giving riff and destortion).

All in all, professionals will hear the quality and they are also impressed by stage presence.

The rest will be up to "politics" of some juries.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Don't be a fanatic and don't tell lies about it. Italy is no different from other Western states, with the same human and political problems when dealing with a delicate issue. Luckily we are in a democracy, and in a democracy there is a majority and an opposition that is divided according to each issue, do not self-ghettoize yourself!
if you want to see conspiracies and discrimination around every street corner because you are angry with the whole world or with your neighbor, you are free to do so, but this is just your opinion, please do not generalize!
with this I no longer answer

It's not delicate nor problematic. It's as simple as 1-2-3: LGBT people should have the same rights that straight people have, in every aspect of life. Full stop. If you think otherwise, evidently you are one of those people who like beating up, discriminating, ghettoizing etc. the LGBT people. And if you try to find pathetic excuses to defend the ostracism that the right-wing politicians are making, this means the same thing. Lol, you say you live in a democracy and yet you don't want categories of people to have rights. And all of this tells more about you than about me. You don't wanna answer anymore because you know I'm right. End of discussion.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I'm a troll on this forum who comes here occasionaly only to spill hate against somebody or something. Otherwise I don't contribute with music nor reviews.
Me: Block🤣🤣

Remisan

I understand you, sorry. I changed my message about it. I just saw some conservative sentiment (on various issues) on the Italian internet and got a little upset precisely because I did not expect to saw the same wordings as in my country.
(I love my country, but I know that it has a problem, we have a lot of conservative people, more than in Italy).

Last edited:
I prefer speaking about music, not a fan of a situation where the info about Italian contestant to the ESC becomes secondary and replaced by the content not connected to music itself.

However, vis-a-vis this debate about LGBTs in Italy, IMO nobody can really evaluate objectively how their society treats minorities unless you can fit those minorities shoes.

Unless you are gay / immigrant / black / Muslim / whatever, you can't really assess objectively how it feels to be that in a specific society.

So don't ever say "We are not that bad how you claim us to be" but rather ask "What do you think from your perspective how can we make this country even more beautiful place in this world?"

ps Conservativism has nothing to do with anti-minority sentiment. Many western-EU politicians are members and founders of conservative parties, but outed homosexuals. Many social-democrats openly promote anti-immigrant speech.

Top Bottom