Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Stole

It's a really powerful music video, with a deep message. I felt uneasy while I was watching some scenes, I found myself in them and I was really close to crying. Andreas is amazing, talented, and above of all brave guy and I wish him the best in life and also the best possible placement at Eurovision. I wanna thank him for encouraging young people, with his life story. 💕

Jopi

It's a really powerful music video, with a deep message. I felt uneasy while I was watching some scenes, I found myself in them and I was really close to crying. Andreas is amazing, talented, and above of all brave guy and I wish him the best in life and also the best possible placement at Eurovision. I wanna thank him for encouraging young people, with his life story. 💕
U tryna make me cryxcry

A-lister

Veteran
If TIX sounds like a boyband to some, it is okay. He is a fantastic one-boy-band! xheatxheatxheat

You know it's more a reference to a style and era in music and not to multiple vocals right? :lol:

Zeus

Music doesn't always have to be dead serious?

Well, that depends on who you are. For me music is art. Creativity, musical quality and emotion are important factors for me. If I want to see something funny there are plenty of other options.

And ofc, I can understand if other people see that differently. Same for liking simple popproductions. I just think it's not really credible if I see these people judge other songs who excelly are more creative or sophisticated or whatever.

Oh, and to share another unpopular opinion btw: I'm glad we won't see that KEIINO or something trio back. And I am also glad that there was a jury in 2019. Ridicolous song and performance if you ask me.

A-lister

Veteran
Music doesn't always have to be dead serious?

Well, that depends on who you are. For me music is art. Creativity, musical quality and emotion are important factors for me. If I want to see something funny there are plenty of other options.

And ofc, I can understand if other people see that differently. Same for liking simple popproductions. I just think it's not really credible if I see these people judge other songs who excelly are more creative or sophisticated or whatever.

Oh, and to share another unpopular opinion btw: I'm glad we won't see that KEIINO or something trio back. And I am also glad that there was a jury in 2019. Ridicolous song and performance if you ask me.

Yes, music doesn't have to dead serious...

Music is art to me too, but I am not being pretentious about it, music is also about bringing out different emotions in different contexts, sometimes it's about just having fun and letting go and while I respect different taste and view-points, snobbery not so much.

To create a great Pop track and a hook that brings people together is for sure not as easy as some think, and not necessarily less "art" than some obscure odd track that almost no one wants to listen to, and yes Eurovision to me is alot about celebration and joy, of course it's also about musical diversity and celebrating European diversity, and I think there should be room for all.

Taste aside, but I can't really take someone saying this track is "deep and serious" in comparison to Keiino seriously, they are completely different type of tracks sure, but they are both what you refer to as "simple Pop" but in different packages, none are by any means groundbreaking or avantgarde and both are simply nods to past Pop music, but that doesn't make them less worthy but let's not pretend this one is a more serious music attempt because it's not.

Oh and the jury #1 in 2019 was far more "ridiculous" than Keiino, if you want to be a music snob and talk about "art", then maybe supporting a campy Eurovision ballad isn't going to prove your point ;)

Last edited:

Zeus

I never said that "this track is deep and serious" and the immediate reflex to call someone pretentious/snobby is just lazy and lame. It would be the same as I would call fans of Keiino or that Fuego-song braindead and tasteless, but I won't do that either, because I have some respect in my veins. Direct framing and labelling others isn't going to help a discussion any further. The only thing it really shows is immaturity.

A-lister

Veteran
I never said that "this track is deep and serious" and the immediate reflex to call someone pretentious/snobby is just lazy and lame. It would be the same as I would call fans of Keiino or that Fuego-song braindead and tasteless, but I won't do that either, because I have some respect in my veins. Direct framing and labelling others isn't going to help a discussion any further. The only thing it really shows is immaturity.

:lol:

Yeah sure, you just ranted and put yourself on a pedestal and now pretending you are having a "respectful and tasteful" discussion... you basically implied that you have taste and know about music and others don't...

You just said in your comment that people who, in your opinion, like "simple productions" are not credible to state their opinion on music... but you are... please give me a rest... you imply people are "simpletons" and now want to play a victim and blame "immaturity" :lol:

Journalist

TIX's fans bringing the point of everything that needs to be said.

Here you go guys! Thank you! xlove

Me: Totally agree 😎 AKA THAT'S THE POINT!!

Zeus

Assumptions and feelings, ow ow ow. Let's just say some of us could use a rhetorics class or two.

Anyway, the question (or critics, whatever you would like to call it) I do agree with, is that of the performance. I still think a lot of people might not get it. Is it a fun act about angels and demons? Is it about mental health and darkness? Bullying? I even talked to someone who believed it was a lovesong (and If you listen to the lyrics, that's also not that strange to believe). The original performance might be not clear enough, that remains a thing. There really needs to be a focus on what kind of message you want to bring over to the viewers. That could be the difference in middle table or a top score with the televotes.

Ezio

Veteran
Well, @A-lister, I don't mind if you are a good cop or a bad cop here, just get off your cop uniform and hit my soft spot good and charge me for being guilty by association!

Last edited:

Jopi

Yes, music is mainly subjective, and a matter of taste.. But, there's also the qualify factor.. No one can say that Sugar for example is better quality than The Wrong Place since it isn't.
As far as the Fallen Angel goes, it's certainly not the best quality, but it is deeply sincere, and that is what here matters to me the most.

Zeus

Well no, because Sugar stays in your head and is more enjoyable, so that's much harder than making an actual sophisticated song with more instrumental layers and creativity to it!

hijirio

Veteran
No one can say that Sugar for example is better quality than The Wrong Place since it isn't.
giphy.gif

As a matter of fact, whoever uses the word 'quality' in an argument while discussing ESC songs -------> insta-ignore, your argument is invalid
Who are you to define a universal crtieria of what's quality and what is not? If you say 'production value', I'd understand, but then again many uptempo pop bangers also entail lots of production and thought, a catchy hook, an expensive beat and killer dance moves. Don't underestimate pop.

Jopi

I could be watching and listening to him for hours. Seriously, how gentle / smooth voice he has. He could be hired for telling tales to kids before sleep.:sleep: This (almost 40min) interview was like 5 minutes for me.

Top Bottom