Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

AlekS

Veteran
COVID tests instruction from eurovision.tv:

Praying for everyone getting negative tests
emot-pray.gif

94ayd

By the way, I wonder does anyone know if the artists and the delegations need to quarantine themselves when they reach Rotterdam?
I have read that it is recommended for them to be in quarantine for 5 days before departure to The Netherlands.
But I am not sure if they still need to get quarantined when they reach The Netherlands.

Given that the rehearsals are starting this weekend, if they need to be quarantined in Rotterdam again, then I presume the artists/delegation are already there?
Not mandatory, Victoria will be travelling the day before her first rehearsal (May 10).

esc87fan

Spokespeople confirmed at present:

:cy: Louis Patsalides
:dk: Tina Müller
:fr: Carla (France JESC 2019)
:il: Lucy Ayoub (ESC 2019 co-presenter)
:pt: Elisa Silva (planned Portugal ESC 2020)
:se: Carola (Sweden ESC 1983, 1991, 2006)
:ch: Angélique Beldner
:uk: Amanda Holden

theditz83

Veteran
Somehow missed this video from last week!

And omg it just hit me that this time in two weeks from now, we'll already know 10 finalists - it's happening everyone!!! xyaay xheya xcheer xyaay xheya xcheer xheat xfaint

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
The theme for this year's music videos is actually "open up" to Teddy BEAR. #meme #jokepost

x95p79a10ax61.jpg

The Teddies are secretly chanting "Amen" in the videos, we just can't hear them.

Loindici

Veteran
It's finally Eurovision month, everyone! 13 days until first semifinal...

I hope the rehearsals will have me excited! 3 more days until the first rehearsal and I can't wait to see the short clips!

Zeus

When are normally the first footages of the rehearsals coming? On the yt-account.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
When are normally the first footages of the rehearsals coming? On the yt-account.

I'm not totally sure, maybe the production this year will succeed another way, but normally videos are out in the next hours after the rehearsal. For example The Roop will rehearse saturday 10:00-10:30 (oh god feels so good to say this), so let's say we can expect their rehearsal snippet towards 12:00. Maybe i'm wrong, but basically that's how it goes.

First rehearsal videos usually show the act "from the outside", filmed from the arena with no mixing just like a random live video on YT, while second rehersal videos shows a bit of the "proper" filming we'll see during the contest.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I'm not totally sure, maybe the production this year will succeed another way, but normally videos are out in the next hours after the rehearsal. For example The Roop will rehearse saturday 10:00-10:30 (oh god feels so good to say this), so let's say we can expect their rehearsal snippet towards 12:00. Maybe i'm wrong, but basically that's how it goes.

First rehearsal videos usually show the act "from the outside", filmed from the arena with no mixing just like a random live video on YT, while second rehersal videos shows a bit of the "proper" filming we'll see during the contest.

omg it's really happening xheat 3 days

Betwixt Tales

Am I the only one who will try and avoid anything related to the rehearsals the next while?
I don't want to be spoiled for what each country will do beforehand. I want to savor those moments of surprise for the actual shows. :D

theditz83

Veteran
Am I the only one who will try and avoid anything related to the rehearsals the next while?
I don't want to be spoiled for what each country will do beforehand. I want to savor those moments of surprise for the actual shows. :D
I always tell myself I'm going to do this but my utter fanboy inside screams for details and I find it almost impossible to resist xcry

Top Bottom