Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Urgh.. This discussion is pointless... A-lister keeps twisting his words and stating that posts that Franzilein quoted are his opinion (which maybe are, but he said it in a very wrong way) and all of this is

tumblr_m94em5hpok1revsmeo1_250.gif

I can agree that the discussion is pointless and has been from the get go, I'm not twisting anything, people are putting words in my mouth though, misunderstanding and get upset by the fact I compared the entry to early 00's boyband ballads, there wouldn't even be a pointless discussion to begin with had people just moved on and accepted that we all hear different things apparently.

A-lister

Veteran
Which story do you mean?

I don't think I misunderstand here to be honest ;) But by the way, you did mention 90's boyband song.

Yeah the whole thing about the singer and supposed message about mental illness...

I mentioned it once yes after everyone thought I mentioned it all along :lol: ... but I did put a "maybe" ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Bro, she literally quoted 2 times what's wrong with your posts hahaha like... wow

And I explained over and over again, I can't help people get defensive by the comparison tbh xshrug

Last edited:

Franzilein

Yeah the whole thing about the singer and supposed message about mental illness...

I mentioned it once yes after everyone thought I mentioned it all along :lol: ... but I did put a "maybe" ;)

Ah, okay. Well, it was not part in our little carnage, I don't think it affects anything here :p

But okay, early 00's boyband, let's take Blue for example.

Pop with elements of R'n'B. Where are the similarities with Fallen Angel?

A-lister

Veteran
Ah, okay. Well, it was not part in our little carnage, I don't think it affects anything here :p

But okay, early 00's boyband, let's take Blue for example.

Pop with elements of R'n'B. Where are the similarities with Fallen Angel?

Blue isn't the best comparison as they incorporated R&B, I'm thinking more of bands like Westlife and the likes. There were random boybands that completely disappeared after 1-2 singles as well in this era.

Also, I'm talking mostly about the composition and style, it's not as I'm claiming the song is a cover or something :lol: (soon people will claim I said that too).

Franzilein

Blue isn't the best comparison as they incorporated R&B, I'm thinking more of bands like Westlife and the likes. There were random boybands that completely disappeared after 1-2 singles as well in this era.

Also, I'm talking mostly about the composition and style, it's not as I'm claiming the song is a cover or something :lol: (soon people will claim I said that too).

Yeah, yeah, it's fine. I'm not talking about covers, just trying to understand your view now, cause I can't see it for the love of it. What do you mean by composition and style? FA incorporates pop with electronic elements. Which boyband of that time did to that? o-O

Like... you think of this when you hear FA? How?

Bro, she literally quoted 2 times what's wrong with your posts hahaha like... wow

It's okay, we go deeper now. Tired of repeating myself, we speak music now.

Jopi

I dreamed last night that Andreas was having a live on eurovision instagram account, and said that he will sing bilingual version of Fallen Angel/Ut Av Morketxpray

A-lister

Veteran
Yeah, yeah, it's fine. I'm not talking about covers, just trying to understand your view now, cause I can't see it for the love of it. What do you mean by composition and style? FA incorporates pop with electronic elements. Which boyband of that time did to that? o-O

Like... you think of this when you hear FA? How?

It's okay, we go deeper now. Tired of repeating myself, we speak music now.

Mandy is a cover, not sure it's the best example either lol , but actually melody-wise and composition-wise it's not too far off. Maybe being stuck up with boybands was a bit narrow, there are girl-groups and mixed groups from that era too that comes to mind like Atomic Kitten and S Club 7.

I think where we misunderstand eachother is about the production right? It's true that "Fallen Angel" has a bit of different production to it, but it's not something radical, more like it's a revamped version of the type of songs I refer to where there is a bit of electronic beat taking over what usually was more like piano or guitar driven, but as you say it's more elements (I guess goes with the time), but to call it electro-Pop is really far stretched (we're obviously not talking Margaret Berger here). But I wouldn't say it makes a huge difference when the base is pretty much the same (melody, composition and pace as these songs).

Also, coming back to the lyrics, I mentioned earlier some personal tragedies I experienced in life (knowing two people who committed suicide for instance), the lyrics here are simply too shallow and the song is too sugary to be a serious take on the mental illness topic. Here I won't back out of the argument, since I really think people are giving him a free pass and just accept that he associates the song with that topic but I would expect something more serious sounding then if he really wants to sell that part to me.

I am not sure if it now became a bit clearer what I mean?

harey

I'm not sure to fully understand what's happening here (my brain is probably too old as I was born in the 80s), so I just want to share with you the biggest French boysband (they even have had a tv series...)

Elina UA

I'm not sure to fully understand what's happening here (my brain is probably too old as I was born in the 80s), so I just want to share with you the biggest French boysband (they even have had a tv series...)

This topic turns into random musical chaos at this point, i love it!
Like, keep providing folks, i'm consuming. xbike

mauve

Veteran

:love: Another almost-dinosaur! Welcome to the Oldies-Club! xkiss

Top Bottom