Contact us

How do you feel?

Arion

...well, like shit. I feel like during the last 2 years my self esteem really went down. Right now it's very difficult for me to look at myself. Some time ago I purged most of the pictures I posted of myself in discord and other places or I set my social media accounts on private so people won't look at me. I am just in such a bad place mentally I would say. I lost my confidence.

fer20

Since I have open online access to church archives, completing my family tree is my new hobbie and it makes my mind really busy. I've always wanted to do it but never found the time to go to the archive. Being able to do it from home is great. So far I've found names until around 1740-1800, but depending on the preservation or not of certain books, I might find some ancestors up to 16th century :love: I don't know why knowing these names (and the town they came from) is so special to me. How many wars and disgraces they had to witness or suffer directly?

This is a scheme I made of my grandpa's family only. 1 colour = 1 generation.
Tree.png

Someone will thank your hobby in the future.

My ancestors immigrated to the Province/State of Sao Paulo between 1849 and 1926. And I know the family tree/ the story of the ancestors who immigrated in 1849, my 4th-great-grandparents [a Lutheran couple with 8 children (5M 3F), from the Rhineland, who spent 56 days sailing from Rotterdam to Santos on a Cunard ship (and bringing furniture, pigs, chickens and geese with them)], because there are written records of their story. The main source is a travel diary written by one of their children, my 3rd-great-grandfather's brother, and the oral stories passed down to the 3rd generation were recorded in two manuscripts. Another source is a 30+ pages report, written by a notary who had genealogy as a hobby and found in the museum of the town where my 4th-great-grandparents settled in 1853.

JSSArcos

Hey my forum dear !! after a few months of almost total absence, I came back xheart

it was 3/4 very complicated months for me :(, my family had covid (and my grandfather died), so i had to be isolated from them for over a month, it was very difficult, but luckily can now go home.

having 1 year of university, totally online, without the "normal academic experience" is horrible and very demotivating. Well, I survived the first semester :LOL:, and the results achieved exceeded my expectations, so I'm happy with that :)

an apology to the whole WV community, for leaving the contest, I really didn't have the strength to continue with this, but I want to come back very soon xheart

it’s great to be back on the forum, thank you all xheart

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hey my forum dear !! after a few months of almost total absence, I came back xheart

it was 3/4 very complicated months for me :(, my family had covid (and my grandfather died), so i had to be isolated from them for over a month, it was very difficult, but luckily can now go home.

having 1 year of university, totally online, without the "normal academic experience" is horrible and very demotivating. Well, I survived the first semester :LOL:, and the results achieved exceeded my expectations, so I'm happy with that :)

an apology to the whole WV community, for leaving the contest, I really didn't have the strength to continue with this, but I want to come back very soon xheart

it’s great to be back on the forum, thank you all xheart

My condolences to you and your family, Joao :( xrunhug It's good to have you back with us xlove

Gitte

Disappointed in humanity and a community that should fight for their rights but instead is divided due to supremacy of a subgroup.

Fierro

One teacher from university where i work and currently study has shouted on me and said something that sounded like a threat. It happened when I tried to solve technical problem of his student. I mistakenly said that he didn't provide the learning materials for that learning group (oh, "bad" me didn't guess that there's small archive file in the end of the course page where everything is contained).

He is one of those "soviet like" teachers that has high opinion about themselves and the students for them are "lower class".

To be honest i feel devastated because for 3 years I work here I didn't meet anyone in my uni being so agressive to me, up to personal attacks. His wife teaches us one course this semester, so I wonder if that will influence my progress...

On the other hand, there's no reason to worry about bitter people. I'm not afraid of anyone. I will do what I think is best.

Ausesken

I'm still discovering new interests for me: the last one is gardening. I'm looking forward to see a plant grow healthy at home and stop feeling I'm a plant killer because they all die. Wish them luck.

blue00eyes

Don't know why I post this here but well. I need relief, just a pity party. I feel like my anxiety is back. I suffered from it as a teenager and it seems I have to go through this once more in my life. I lost my confidence, I like to hide, sit at home in silence, avoid social situations, I basically go out only to work and to do shopping. My social media accounts are off and no one talks to me right now. That means there's no one in my life who cares. I am so out of place at the moment.

Nicholas123

Don't know why I post this here but well. I need relief, just a pity party. I feel like my anxiety is back. I suffered from it as a teenager and it seems I have to go through this once more in my life. I lost my confidence, I like to hide, sit at home in silence, avoid social situations, I basically go out only to work and to do shopping. My social media accounts are off and no one talks to me right now. That means there's no one in my life who cares. I am so out of place at the moment.

Not my intention to be indiscreet, but what about family or close friends?
I can lowkey relate to your post, this endless quarantine has made us feel lonely and insecure. I, myself decided to seek some expert to talk to and it helped me a lot, perhaps u should do the same, since ur anxiety is back (just my humble opinion...it's nth to be ashamed of. The times we live in are not normal or easy anyway...)

blue00eyes

Not my intention to be indiscreet, but what about family or close friends?
I can lowkey relate to your post, this endless quarantine has made us feel lonely and insecure. I, myself decided to seek some expert to talk to and it helped me a lot, perhaps u should do the same, since ur anxiety is back (just my humble opinion...it's nth to be ashamed of. The times we live in are not normal or easy anyway...)
I was thinking about it but I am too scared or I won't be open much I think.
I had to move away last year so everyone and everything I loved is far from me. I didn't find myself in a new place and life became a nonsense. Such a lie that the greatest time of life is in your 20s.
I believe it'll go though.

Nicholas123

I was thinking about it but I am too scared or I won't be open much I think.
You should give it a try, imo. I visited a therapist for the 1st time a few years ago and it was probably the best investement i made in my whole life, about knowing and understanding myself! :mrgreen: (You must find the right person, who will help u open up, do not give it up on your first try if that person proves out to be not the suitable one for you).
Oh, i see. Moving away in such a difficult period must be tough. It;s been months since i saw my family, due to the pandemic. It sucks. Bless the technology though! :D
It'll go through, definitely, i'm just saying that perhaps there are ways to help you "suffer" less, while this situation goes on.

20s xheart it's a beautiful decade imo. I guess u feel disappointed cause u are not familiar with the 30's... :mrgreen:

Last edited:

blue00eyes

You should give it a try, imo. I visited a therapist for the 1st time a few years ago and it was probably the best investement i made in my whole life, about knowing and understanding myself! :mrgreen: (You must find the right person, who will help u open up, do not give it up on your first try if that person proves out to be not the suitable one for you).
Oh, i see. Moving away in such a difficult period must be tough. It;s been months since i saw my family, due to the pandemic. It sucks. Bless the technology though! :D
It'll go through, definitely, i'm just saying that perhaps there are ways to help you "suffer" less, while this situation goes on.

20s xheart it's a beautiful decade imo. I guess u feel disappointed cause u are not familiar with the 30's... :mrgreen:
Thanks. Actually you are right about the person you are going to talk to. I usually don't trust people especially when anxious.
It's kinda funny because I, as a person who works in a hospital, like to give a helping hand to the others but can't really help myself. I also have an easy access to doctors and because I know them as a co-worker and personally outside the job, I don't think I would go and talk my whole life through or explain why I think I'm feeling the way I do.
That would suck if they treated me like another freak on Friday morning. :-D just my catastrophic thoughts.
I am looking forward to 30s. Anything that can be different. I am actually old inside.

BernadetteCydonia

So me and my dad got into a car accident today...

Don't worry y'all, me and my dad are fine. If anything bad happened is that one person died, several cars got wrecked to a degree (including ours, but the impact on it was somewhat minor), and I was late for my dentist appointment - thankfully it was rescheduled to tomorrow at 9am.

Last edited:

Himan

So me and my dad got into a car accident today...

Don't worry y'all, me and my dad are fine. If anything bad happened is that one person died, several cars got wrecked to a degree (including ours, but the impact on it was somewhat minor), and I was late for my dentist appointment - thankfully it was rescheduled to tomorrow at 9am.
a death? That sounds horrendous. Are you okay?

BernadetteCydonia

a death? That sounds horrendous. Are you okay?
Yeah thank God the death wasn't either me or my dad or both of us. I feel fine, but got to experience some neck and lower back pain. It's annoying but hopefully it will get better with time

To update on dentist's appointment, it went well, I got another one today to finally deal with the problem that I thought will get dealt with on Tuesday the accident day. Now I'm freeeeeeee worst experience of my fucking life~~

Top Bottom