Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I agree. It is not bad or good. If you like this kind of music - it is good for you.

This is what I say, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it seems some fans of this gets easily defensive... like plz... just own up to that you like it. I have alot of "guilty pleasures" myself, Norway 2019 for instance brought me lots of nostalgia.

MalagaToledo

Banned
One thing is when you listen fallen angel, but when you have to watch it also, it makes it worse, much worse.

VikingTiger

Just wanted to add that I AM one of these oldies ... compare me to a dinosaur cause I am one of the oldest ESC-Fans here actually (as far as I know). I had my youth in the 80's-90's ... :eek: And I never listened to boy bands. I was/am a Metal queen ... xqueenbitch

Youth in the 90s?? Really? Entering the 90s I was doing my military service... :rolleyes:

Elina UA

The song literary sounds like some boyband ballad from early 00's, why are you all so sensitive? That's how it sounds and that's just it, whether it's something you like then that's another topic.
Honey, saying it sounds like that, doesn't work. Gimme da proof. PROOF.
Also, I can't at people genuinely trying to find"depth" in these lyrics, to me it's basically a similar case as with the Swedish entry this year, some sob-story being sold to locals and people read too much into some very generic shallow lyrics packaged in some generic song.
It's about mental health.

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, darling, thank you for contributing us nothing! xcheer

Sorry, not going to do the job for you. You must be very young if you don't know the sound I refer to or lived in a bubble, it's ok.

Franzilein

No.
C'mon their golden age ended in 2001.👶🍼

But their songs remained? BB's I Want It That Way came out in 1999, just as Genie In A Bottle. And ... Baby One More Time was even released in 1998. Heck, even Wannabe still received a lot of airplay around the 00's (got my first radio around that timexangel) I wouldn't be talking about them so fondly if I had no childhood connection to them :lol:

I stand with my opinion. You're just that one misfit you find once in a while in a bunch of ten boring normies like me :pxlove

Elina UA

Sorry, not going to do the job for you.
MY job? xshock
Ok, i checked it and you were wrong. Totally wrong. xroflxrollinglol
You must be very young if you don't know the sound I refer to or lived in a bubble, it's ok.
I wrote it already, i was born in 1997.xqueenbitch
But their songs remained? BB's I Want It That Way came out in 1999, just as Genie In A Bottle. And ... Baby One More Time was even released in 1998. Heck, even Wannabe still received a lot of airplay around the 00's (got my first radio around that timexangel) I wouldn't be talking about them so fondly if I had no childhood connection to them :lol:

I stand with my opinion. You're just that one misfit you find once in a while in a bunch of ten boring normies like me :pxlove
I'll ask my cousin someday. She's a Millennial, maybe she remembers all those boy bands.

Franzilein

Sorry, not going to do the job for you. You must be very young if you don't know the sound I refer to or lived in a bubble, it's ok.

But that's the point. Imagine us being completely clueless (frankly, we actually are, because we don't hear what you hear). Which trademarks of "90's boyband sound" do you refer to which happen to coincide with Fallen Angel? Is it so hard to give more substance and back-up to your claims? "It sounds like that because it sounds like that" is not an argument, we aren't in first grade anymore.

Jopi

She opened the sky for me

I stand like a flame in the rain
I'm forever yours, give me more time xrose

-
Ut av mørket

Ezio

Veteran
I am glad she appears so young because of that she doesn't have preconceived notions and biases against amazing songs.

Since I am still also incredibly young, I would also need proof, that Fallen Angel is of the 90's. But then, it won't matter anyways. lol

A-lister

Veteran
But that's the point. Imagine us being completely clueless (frankly, we actually are, because we don't hear what you hear). Which trademarks of "90's boyband sound" do you refer to which happen to coincide with Fallen Angel? Is it so hard to give more substance and back-up to your claims? "It sounds like that because it sounds like that" is not an argument, we aren't in first grade anymore.

I love it how defensive the fans are like it's some sort of court interrogation, it's very cult like standom :lol: Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me. It's basically a bubble-gum teen-pop ballad with cheesy melody and composition, shallow cheesy lyrics (lol at people seriously seeing depth in this but each to their own). Like there's nothing much to say really. If people would just be mature enough to own up to the fact that this is their guilty pleasure, then fine, but instead people are pretending like this entry is some super well composed, contemporary-sounding, almost groundbreaking piece that seriously addresses mental illness... like the delusion is running high :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
MY job? xshock
Ok, i checked it and you were wrong. Totally wrong. xroflxrollinglol

I wrote it already, i was born in 1997.xqueenbitch

Give me "proof" that I am wrong? :lol: (no kidding, not going to end up with such juvenile nonsense).

Oh I didn't see, so yeah I wasn't alive in the 70's but I still know what a 70's disco song sounds like, it's really not brain surgery to check up references in the era of Youtube and Spotify if you really want the "proof" you're looking for.

Anyways I said what I can say about the entry, I'll not entertain more time on it and I am shocked that out of all entries this year, this completely generic piece of forgettable song has the most diehard stans that will fight over it as if their life dependent on it... it's quite comical, we're talking about an entry that might struggle to even qualify yet based on some very unproportional reactions to any form of criticism towards the song one could think this is like a huge favorite for the win :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Also, before I leave this thread and leave it to the hyper stans, I'll just summarize a bit of my talking points:

- Unlike a certain other forum member in here whom I won't be mentioning by name, I am not here to mock or ridicule people for their taste, I just express my own thoughts on the entry and if people can't take other opinions then it's on them really. People need to stop taking taste and opinions about songs personally, it's really not cute.

- Yes, this entry sounds like a sorta ballad I could expect a boyband release in 00's, nothing wrong with that if that's your thing though, and I myself has nostalgia to that period but this song doesn't cut it for me.

- I am not troubled by people's taste at all (just to clarify once and for all), but overreactions is another thing. I do think people give this entry way too much credit and depth that it doesn't actually have. For someone like myself who has battled with depression since my teens, who knew at least two people who committed suicide, and have another friend who tried but luckily failed to do so, it is a bit insulting that something as shallow as this entry gets hailed as some sort of "anthem" about being open about mental illnesses. If the back-story wasn't part of the PR trick here, I bet you wouldn't even think about the song that way.

With that said, take care y'all xwave

Elina UA

I love it how defensive the fans are like it's some sort of court interrogation, it's very cult like standom :lol: Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me.
To you. Exactly.
If people would just be mature enough to own up to the fact that this is their guilty pleasure, then fine, but instead people are pretending like this entry is some super well composed, contemporary-sounding, almost groundbreaking piece that seriously addresses mental illness... like the delusion is running high :lol:
Look, nothing you've written here can be said objectively. Everything everyone says is subjective and people love this song whenever you like it or not.
And you've been told dozen of times that we've never heard a song like this never ever before, but you still fail to accept, so I don't know what to say...
Give me "proof" that I am wrong? :lol: (no kidding, not going to end up with such juvenile nonsense).
That's exactly where you gonna be.
Oh I didn't see, so yeah I wasn't alive in the 70's but I still know what a 70's disco song sounds like, it's really not brain surgery to check up references in the era of Youtube and Spotify if you really want the "proof" you're looking for.
I'm gonna tell a big secret, shh.
Anyways I said what I can say about the entry, I'll not entertain more time on it and I am shocked that out of all entries this year, this completely generic piece of forgettable song has the most diehard stans that will fight over it as if their life dependent on it... it's quite comical, we're talking about an entry that might struggle to even qualify yet based on some very unproportional reactions to any form of criticism towards the song one could think this is like a huge favorite for the win :lol:
You know why? Because it's sincere.
Unlike a certain other forum member in here whom I won't be mentioning by name, I am not here to mock or ridicule people for their taste, I just express my own thoughts on the entry and if people can't take other opinions then it's on them really. People need to stop taking taste and opinions about songs personally, it's really not cute.
See? Taste and opinions, not proven facts.
If the back-story wasn't part of the PR trick here
And we're here for it.
With that said, take care y'all xwave
xcoffeexwave

Franzilein

I love it how defensive the fans are like it's some sort of court interrogation, it's very cult like standom :lol: Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me. It's basically a bubble-gum teen-pop ballad with cheesy melody and composition, shallow cheesy lyrics (lol at people seriously seeing depth in this but each to their own). Like there's nothing much to say really. If people would just be mature enough to own up to the fact that this is their guilty pleasure, then fine, but instead people are pretending like this entry is some super well composed, contemporary-sounding, almost groundbreaking piece that seriously addresses mental illness... like the delusion is running high :lol:

Wow. Thanks for your in-depth analysis. We can now totally understand what you mean. How is the melody and composition cheesy? How is this not well-composed, how do you define that? What sound is not contemporary? Why should we feel guilty for liking this? Where does the last part come from?

Like there's nothing much to say really.

Stick to that if you can't elaborate on your comparisons and simply throw your superficial impressions around. "It sounds like that because it sounds like that" simply turned into hot air again, another case of "an opinion dressed up as a fact"xshrug

Yes, darling, thank you for contributing us nothing! xcheer

Very much indeed.

Top Bottom