Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

EscGeek

Veteran
Today i realized that this song reminds me of :no: 2003.. all of the "this song sounds like it's from the early 2000s" comments got to me and i connected the dots. :lol:

Both are very romantic ballads that i personally like, the only difference is that one character is a "chad", and the other character is a "virgin"xrofl

Jopi

Today i realized that this song reminds me of :no: 2003.. all of the "this song sounds like it's from the early 2000s" comments got to me and i connected the dots. :lol:

Both are very romantic ballads that i personally like, the only difference is that one character is a "chad", and the other character is a "virgin"xrofl
I recently discovered that song, and I love it!!!!:love:

Well, to my mind the music industry is more and more mixing new and old, it's in trend right now. Eurovision also reflects it, that's why we have many 80s songs etc this year. And I think production makes TIX to sound kinda fresh and it doesn't feel soo dated.
Exactly, the production is probably one of best this year, and even if it has the boy band vibes, it still sounds fresh to me.

VikingTiger

...And here we go again.... eurofans using the word "dated"; Sometimes even as their main description of a song. The term is very seldom used in this forum as a positive adjective.

Heaps of songs have been called dated by heaps of eurofans through the years. Spirit in the Sky got many comments calling it dated 90s music (the word trash was also mentioned). The fandom as a total was very positive to the same song though. And as far as I can recall the televoters didnt hate this 90s throwback? Another song that was often described by eurofans as dated was Colour of your Life. I dont think all those 222 televotes in the final came from polish diaspora only. I guess that operatic pop wasnt very "modern" and cool back in 2015 either, maybe one could even call the whole genre a bit dated? But the televotes didnt care so much. In fact - the televoters dont tend to punish songs in the ESC for not being "up to date".

It seems to me that some fans are eager to use the term dated for entries having a sound from the 70s, 80s, 90s or 00s - entries that they dont like that is. I guess these fans would describe what they concider "good" 80s or 90s entries as "retro", "sentimental", "authentic" - or other more positive terms.

And lets go outside the ESC bubble: The first time I heard Blinding Lights on the radio I fell immediately in love and went straight home to add it to my playlist. Not because it had such a fantastic arrangement or vocals - but becase I was thrown straight back to the 80s! That song represented a feeling. And it seems I am not the only one liking Blinding Lights.... even though I guess it could be called dated?

You know what? I really like Fallen Angel. I loved Spirit in the Sky! I liked Colour of your Life. I was so emotional when Amar Pelos Dois won. And Il Volo was my favourites back in 2015. But of course... looking at my birth certificate it's no wonder why I like all this dated stuff.... I am about to get quite dated myself.

Jopi

TIX had actually considered to withdraw:

Oh poor baby, the win I guess makes it all worth it!

...And here we go again.... eurofans using the word "dated"; Sometimes even as their main description of a song. The term is very seldom used in this forum as a positive adjective.

Heaps of songs have been called dated by heaps of eurofans through the years. Spirit in the Sky got many comments calling it dated 90s music (the word trash was also mentioned). The fandom as a total was very positive to the same song though. And as far as I can recall the televoters didnt hate this 90s throwback? Another song that was often described by eurofans as dated was Colour of your Life. I dont think all those 222 televotes in the final came from polish diaspora only. I guess that operatic pop wasnt very "modern" and cool back in 2015 either, maybe one could even call the whole genre a bit dated? But the televotes didnt care so much. In fact - the televoters dont tend to punish songs in the ESC for not being "up to date".

It seems to me that some fans are eager to use the term dated for entries having a sound from the 70s, 80s, 90s or 00s - entries that they dont like that is. I guess these fans would describe what they concider "good" 80s or 90s entries as "retro", "sentimental", "authentic" - or other more positive terms.

And lets go outside the ESC bubble: The first time I heard Blinding Lights on the radio I fell immediately in love and went straight home to add it to my playlist. Not because it had such a fantastic arrangement or vocals - but becase I was thrown straight back to the 80s! That song represented a feeling. And it seems I am not the only one liking Blinding Lights.... even though I guess it could be called dated?

You know what? I really like Fallen Angel. I loved Spirit in the Sky! I liked Colour of your Life. I was so emotional when Amar Pelos Dois won. And Il Volo was my favourites back in 2015. But of course... looking at my birth certificate it's no wonder why I like all this dated stuff.... I am about to get quite dated myself.

Agree 100% and I loved all those entries you mentioned.

Jopi

OMG! I literally thought that the 'chad' was actually TIX:lol: All because the blonde guy looks a bit virginish.xcrazy

Remisan

I think I divide 1950-2000-sounding songs into "nice retro, timeless classics" and "outdated" depending on whether I like them or not. This is a subjective assessment.
If I see a mix of old elements with new ones in a song, it's definitely interesting.
If a song has an entirely old sound (for example, 70s), but at the same time it would stand out for me among the songs of the 70s, would not get lost among similar ones, then I would also highly rate it.
I'll even say more, I love old-sounding songs. But ... not all of them. For example, I like "Colour of your Life" and "Grande amore", but, alas, Denmark’s song this year didn’t catch me, I have nothing to say about it except “it sounds out of date /it is old-sounding” . The characteristic is almost neutral. I mean "it looks like an 80s song, but I didn't find anything for myself in it". xshrugBut this doesn't mean that song is bad and cannot be liked by others. I can say "modern", but if I don't add "and good", this is exactly the same characteristic.

I believe that we need to express our opinion as it is, sincerity is important (if the song seems ordinary, boring or easily forgotten to you, I think you can say it), but we should not criticize someone else's taste.

Tiх seems to me to be a kind and sweet guy, and I'm sad to hear that haters upset him, but, unfortunately, I don't like the sound of his song (I don't like many pop-songs of 2000)
But the first associationt with the song and the performance "Oh, this is definitely Eurovision!":mrgreen: (a collective image, I don't know
how to put it right).

Last edited:

Elina UA

You're so biased. You can't write a post where you don't contradict your own words several times.
First of all, they would have been 1. In the odds by s huge margin if it was Keiino.
And then...
Secondly, bookies never get it right, they fail every second (even) year with predictions for the winner

Bookies literally mean nothing in esc and they should be abolished.
xrofl
Anyway, these're just your sweet dreams,
Ohh my sweet innocent child.
They have put malta, france( we know they will finish in bottom 5) and suisse in the top. All boring, sleepy, slow songs are on top. None of them will finish in top 10.
xroflxrollinglol
I see we have an expert here. Listen to MalagaToledo and do the opposite.

Elina UA

Really, an early 00's b-side boyband ballad getting a top 10, let alone winning, with the televote in 2021? I think you underestimate the televoters. I don't think this will even qualify if it's up to televoters alone.
Yeah. Same televoters who voted in 2019 for an outdated 90's song from my provincial 300 hrn payment band KEiiNO and you know what? It won! Why would they vote now? I CAN'T SEE IT! IT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE!
Anyway, your statements about "Fallen Angel" being oUtDaTeD is just your personal opinion. No one ever sent here a similar song from an 90's boy band so you all have literally no proof.
Besides young public won't consider it 'oUtDaTeD tRaSh' because i personally never listened to 90's boy bands. We do not care, oldies! xbeach

Franzilein

You're so biased. You can't write a post where you don't contradict your own words several times.

And then...

xrofl

xroflxrollinglol

I didn't even react to his or her comment because it made zero sense to me. I appreciate your bravery in trying to open that Pandora's box :lol:

mauve

Veteran

And then...

xrofl

xroflxrollinglol
Hm. I have MalagaToledo on my (only btw.) ignore-list since a long time. But you seem to have so much fun that I am starting to think if I should forget about that ignore-button ... :ROFLMAO: P.S. I can't read what he writes, (since I put him on ignore-list) but your answers make me laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Elina UA

I didn't even react to his or her comment because it made zero sense to me. I appreciate your bravery in trying to open that Pandora's box :lol:
Ah, the secret is... i'm not trying to make sense either! xdiablo Just having fun here. xyaay
Hm. I have MalagaToledo on my (only btw.) ignore-list since a long time. But you seem to have so much fun that I am starting to think if I should forget about that ignore-button ... :ROFLMAO: P.S. I can't read what he writes, (since I put him on ignore-list) but your answers make me laugh! :ROFLMAO:
That's all i wanted. xyaaay

Franzilein

You're missing out. It's a fest :LOL:

Besides young public won't consider it 'oUtDaTeD tRaSh' because i personally never listened to 90's boy bands. We do not care, oldies! xbeach

I don't even see this as a negative. My generation (20-30 years old) grew up with these songs, no party is a success if they aren't included. Maybe A-lister is simply not the target group :p

Anyway xqueenbitch

ECvFbAWXsAEcKJ0.jpg

Top Bottom