Should NSC introduce a language rule?

• Yes

16 51.6%
  • No

15 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doctormalisimo

While diversity is good, we don't want to restrict creative freedom for nations too much. How about every time a song wins, all entries of the same language are banned for the next twenty editions?
What about just banning languages for 20 editions anyway? 20 editions is, at most, 1200 songs, and there are approximately 7,000 languages in the world, so it would be easily doable.

94ayd

What if we can send not only songs in our native language(s) but also in languages we've studied/are fluent in to a degree. That way we will encourage people to learn new languages in order to send a given song.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What if we can send not only songs in our native language(s) but also in languages we've studied/are fluent in to a degree. That way we will encourage people to learn new languages in order to send a given song.
Just as I got idea to send Knez singing in his perfect English xheya

pjelacki

I support the idea to restrict entries to the nation's own language.

would give me some motivation to resume working on my Begonian conlang. xcheer

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
This screamed April Fools to me as soon as I read the headline tbh. :p But it'd be a no from me. Even tho English is the official language of Balearica Island, I'm still going to use other languages too. My next entry will be in German.

Sounds good as a spinoff suggestion tho. :)

Top Bottom