I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

CPV4931

We do say that? Wait - I see you're location. I think that explains your assumption. :D;)

You made me a bit surprised that ths phrase is not common in whole Germany.... but I am also from Bavaria xD

GermanBango

Antother reason is that the average age of viewers of "Das Erste" is pretty high, more then 60 I think. And they vote mostly for pretty conservative stuff, Aly and Lily were probably too "experimental" for this group.

Well yes but also no. Is the older demographic an aspect in all of this? For sure. Is it as big of a factor as people think? Don`t think so.
There is something else that has far more impact imo and that would be the fans/followers of the participants. In a NF where only rather unknown artists take part the one with the biggest following usually has a massive edge - hence the winning streak of The Voice alumni. Even if the most known act only has let`s say 50 000 - 100 000 "fans", they will surely vote no matter how bland the song or performance is. Also keep in mind that there were something like less than 500 000 votes in total back in 2019 - which makes 50 000 or so quite a lot already.

lasse braun

Santiano were great! The Fiddler on the Deck

my mother was not amused as they failed to qualifier to the superfinal - than she supported unheilig and same happens again - ok,ok,ok she said - i will watch the big final - i will see how far this "frauentrulladingens" (her description) goes and at the end "the thing" won the whole thing - that was very shocking for her - ok she said,that was my last ESC on television.
i still like elaiza a lot but my mother not - she prefers "die amigos",roland kaiser,flippers,truck stop,andrea berg,kerstin ott,german schlager of all decades.
modern ESC & older people 70+ is a little bit difficult in these days.
last year i have asked my mother which german act she would send?
die amigos at first of course,andrea berg or also kerstin ott was her answer but please,please not helene fischer. :mrgreen:

lasse braun

for me it is not so important how far my country in every ESC goes - quality music maybe with more risc is the better option.
there is too much pressure and "bla-bla" in german media - in 2019 was a big chance sending quality music (avantgarde pop) with lilly among the clouds - 2015 or so there was something with "licht" - very good 3 women act ect.
there are quality options but they also must be taken.
here another good song from lilly. xmusic

Franzilein

People also said Tobi was arrogant when he was just spitting facts. He had the experience and success to back up his claims.

In Aly's case, it just seems to be more "Schein" than "Sein". Good for her if she actually works with these "bigger" artists, but who are they and what notably success did or does she have?

Vondenburg

for me it is not so important how far my country in every ESC goes - quality music maybe with more risc is the better option.
there is too much pressure and "bla-bla" in german media - in 2019 was a big chance sending quality music (avantgarde pop) with lilly among the clouds - 2015 or so there was something with "licht" - very good 3 women act ect.

mauve

Veteran
Listening to the song, I fall in deep sadness again, knowing that she didn't make it to ESC. What wasted chance and opportunity!

GermanBango

"XYZ would have done so much better in the contest" - easy to say that when it literally could not possibly get much worse in said years. :lol:

mauve

Veteran
No matter how you feel about the the last German entries (good or bad), at least they were very diverse: Schulte, Sisters, Dolic, Jendrik - we at least tried differnt genres whereas other countries stick to the same recept almost every year.

I bims

Veteran
No matter how you feel about the the last German entries (good or bad), at least they were very diverse: Schulte, Sisters, Dolic, Jendrik - we at least tried differnt genres whereas other countries stick to the same recept almost every year.
I don't know I think Schulte and S!sters were quite "on brand" for Germany and not that drastically different from previous entries. Dolic and Jendrik are something really different, finally.

mauve

Veteran
I don't know I think Schulte and S!sters were quite "on brand" for Germany and not that drastically different from previous entries. Dolic and Jendrik are something really different, finally.
You might be right to a certain extend (both sort of slower songs), but to my ears they sounded quite different. :D

rasmuslights

Veteran

true but that doesn't mean anything, I'd rather have countries stick with what they do best (Cyprus) than sending diverse but (mostly) shit entries (Georgia for example)

mauve

Veteran
true but that doesn't mean anything, I'd rather have countries stick with what they do best (Cyprus) than sending diverse but (mostly) shit entries (Georgia for example)
How different we are! :ROFLMAO: I never liked a Cyprus entry so far (terrible imo) and loved many Georgia entries (yes, maybe non-standard, but fanstastic)! Luckily taste differs! ;)

Iker

Veteran
If you were to rank your top 5 favourite German entries from 2012-2021 how would you do that?

For me
1. 2020 (sigh, for the first time since 2011 I stanned for Germany as Violent Thing was my no 3 based on studio versions after entries from Azerbaijan and Switzerland) and we know well what happened)
2. 2018
3. 2015
4. 2014
5. 2016
2012 was kinda nice, but too forgettable for my liking.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
... and how boring the contest would be. Countries like Georgia are such an enrichment.

that being said I did enjoy Tornike's songs and 2016, 2015 were also super good.. all other songs from them are quite tragic though.. I'm not saying all countries should bring a female pop banger, but Cyprus does it amazingly well, no other country can match them.. Georgia however has not impressed me with their entries and not because they are in a different genre, but just because I often find them to be too local and have no mass appeal.

Top Bottom