I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

I didn´t like both songs to be honest and was relieved that they didn´t went to Stockholm. :lol:

But I have to admit that no song in the NF 2016 would have escaped the bottom.xshrug

Franzilein

Oh yes definitely! I also think that "Ghost" wasn't as bad as it finally was received, but these two songs ... would have been so fantastic on stage. I love Avantasia and listen to it a lot!

Of course grande mauve listens to Avantasia xlove :lol:

But I have to admit that no song in the NF 2016 would have escaped the bottom.xshrug

Guess we will never know.
But damn, would I have been a happy girl to see any of those two on the ESC stage delivering one hell of a show. I remember even my friends at university got excited over a possible participation of Avantasia and they usually despise the ESC. What a missed chance xcry

CPV4931

Oh Avantasia would have been so great :) Outside Eurovision I listen a lot to rock/metal, so ofc Avantasia would have been one of my favorite German entries ever xheart #nostaliga

CPV4931

Germany could send something like Subway to Sally. There are some really good Folk Rock bands that would fit to ESC.
Oh yeah :) Another band I really could imagine is Beyond The Black, Jennifer has a great voice and I fell in love with Beyond the Black seeing them quite random at Rock im Park 2019. but I doubt, both will go one day...

mauve

Veteran
Oh yeah :) Another band I really could imagine is Beyond The Black, Jennifer has a great voice and I fell in love with Beyond the Black seeing them quite random at Rock im Park 2019. but I doubt, both will go one day...
Oh yes! I got to know Beyond the black by a friend. Didn't have the luck so far to see them live though. But actually I can't even imagine Germany sending a rock/metal entry. That would be a miracle. :eek:

Franzilein

Now who does the difficult task and convinces them to participate? :lol: (hence why I will always treasure Tobi Sammet for saying spontaneously yes that one year)

ESC94

Yeah, I agree. In German you would say "die meiden den ESC wie der Teufel das Weihwasser"(avoiding the ESC like the devil avoids holy water). :ROFLMAO:

Franzilein

Maybe my boys from Eisbrecher were down for it one day ... :unsure:

I mean, they're also responsible for the German version of the Pokémon Rap for example, which they still play on their concerts sometimes (especially when the fans demand it :p), so I wouldn't put it past them :lol:

CPV4931

Now who does the difficult task and convinces them to participate? :lol: (hence why I will always treasure Tobi Sammet for saying spontaneously yes that one year)
The ones writing here must unite and convince them together :) (At least one of the mentioned bands here)... how can they "No" then?

mauve

Veteran
What about them ?
Such a great song!!! xheart

Eisbrecher is one of my favorite bands :)
And I loved Santiano and Avantasia (I voted for them) of course!
My ex was a huge Fan of Santiano and so sad when they didn't make it ...

So many fantastic bands we could send to ESC ... but it will all stay just a beautiful dream ... xcry

ZoboCamel

Santiano were great! The Fiddler on the Deck was one of my absolute favourite NF songs that year; shame they didn't make it.

I've liked the other stuff getting mentioned here too... Unheilig, Avantasia and Gregorian all would've been good picks. Send something in that vein please Germany xheat

I actually don't mind Jendrik this year – I can see why he's not for everyone, but his song's fun when you're in the right mood, and I think he's got enough charisma to really surprise in the televote (i.e. a potential top 10 if they nail the staging + live vocals). Still... give us some rock next year, please!

GermanBango

Thing is the German public would always go for something beige because that`s what being German is about basically lol. Everything that seems a bit extra, over the top, eccentric or honestly just exciting at least song/performance wise makes the average German cringe. They`d rather see something "toned down" and "humble", something "relatable", preferably even an underdog story (that nobody in Eurovision will ever care about).
Best example: Someone said a few pages ago that Aly seemed arrogant to them from the moment her postcard showed her living in LA. Meanwhile Lily was sooooooo likable simply because she lived next to chickens. Yay.

Germans do not understand this competition - sad but true. Unfortunately the people currently responsible for choosing internally are just as gullible.

ESC94

Thing is the German public would always go for something beige because that`s what being German is about basically lol. Everything that seems a bit extra, over the top, eccentric or honestly just exciting at least song/performance wise makes the average German cringe. They`d rather see something "toned down" and "humble", something "relatable", preferably even an underdog story (that nobody in Eurovision will ever care about).
Best example: Someone said a few pages ago that Aly seemed arrogant to them from the moment her postcard showed her living in LA. Meanwhile Lily was sooooooo likable simply because she lived next to chickens. Yay.

Germans do not understand this competition - sad but true. Unfortunately the people currently responsible for choosing internally are just as gullible.

Antother reason is that the average age of viewers of "Das Erste" is pretty high, more than 60 I think. And they vote mostly for pretty conservative stuff, Aly and Lily were probably too "experimental" for this group.

Last edited:

Franzilein

I mentioned that and yes, Lilly was more relatable because of that fact. Chickens are freaking awesome gentle creatures. And in light of Aly’s recent childish Twitter tantrum, I feel pretty confirmed in my impression of her. “I ain’t bitter out here in LA, I work with bigger artists than you have ever created in your entire history, you’ll loose this year again” etc. – yikes. Who are you again?

Did I say it was the main deciding factor? No. I liked her song (written by Michelle Leonard after all, that woman is a gift), but not her slowly walking three minutes on a treadmill with a song this energetic. There was nothing exciting about this at all. Lilly on the other hand managed to move more in the last 30 seconds of her song than Aly during her whole performance, and "Surprise" was anything but "beige".
Antother reason is that the average age of viewers of "Das Erste" is pretty high, more then 60 I think.

This. We had this discussion before; we Germans don't vote much different at the ESC than the rest of Europe. Our NF's were simply not watched by the same audience and less people were willing to vote, did seriously nobody watch the show last year? It explained so much.

Iker

Veteran
Santiano were great! The Fiddler on the Deck was one of my absolute favourite NF songs that year; shame they didn't make it.

I've liked the other stuff getting mentioned here too... Unheilig, Avantasia and Gregorian all would've been good picks. Send something in that vein please Germany xheat

I actually don't mind Jendrik this year – I can see why he's not for everyone, but his song's fun when you're in the right mood, and I think he's got enough charisma to really surprise in the televote (i.e. a potential top 10 if they nail the staging + live vocals). Still... give us some rock next year, please!
I would love Faun (pagan folk band) for Germany in the future. I think they have tried once but they weren't selected.

shameless

I mentioned that and yes, Lilly was more relatable because of that fact. Chickens are freaking awesome gentle creatures. And in light of Aly’s recent childish Twitter tantrum, I feel pretty confirmed in my impression of her. “I ain’t bitter out here in LA, I work with bigger artists than you have ever created in your entire history, you’ll loose this year again” etc. – yikes. Who are you again?

Did I say it was the main deciding factor? No. I liked her song (written by Michelle Leonard after all, that woman is a gift), but not her slowly walking three minutes on a treadmill with a song this energetic. There was nothing exciting about this at all. Lilly on the other hand managed to move more in the last 30 seconds of her song than Aly during her whole performance, and "Surprise" was anything but "beige".

This. We had this discussion before; we Germans don't vote much different at the ESC than the rest of Europe. Our NF's were simply not watched by the same audience and less people were willing to vote, did seriously nobody watch the show last year? It explained so much.

I agree with all of it. But I also think that Aly Ryan would've flopped more than we were all thinking due to her lack of performance skills (maybe 16th-20th which would be much better but of course it's hypothetical). My problem with singers like Aly Ryan is that there are too many who are like her that have no professional credibility and are more acting out like they're successful recording artist by looking like one (you can say the same about actors too). She obviously got the chance to produce music and work with those "bigger artists" because let's face it: She comes from a very privileged background. But even then when she performs you can see she's not as talented as she thinks she is. It's not only in an interview or trailer why people don't vote for a song, it can also be live talent or (lack of) charisma. I am not surprised that she hasn't done anything noteworthy in the last two years (and no, the pandemic is not the only reason for that) let alone before the NF, which is indeed her only claim to fame and here we're talking about her more than two years later so I guess someone was right here when they said we should just not talk about her. Period. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I agree. In German you would say "die meiden den ESC wie der Teufel das Weihwasser"(avoiding the ESC like the devil avoids holy water). :ROFLMAO:
We do say that? Wait - I see you're location. I think that explains your assumption. :D;)

Franzilein

I agree with all of it. But I also think that Aly Ryan would've flopped more than we were all thinking due to her lack of performance skills (maybe 16th-20th which would be much better but of course it's hypothetical). My problem with singers like Aly Ryan is that there are too many who are like her that have no professional credibility and are more acting out like they're successful recording artist by looking like one (you can say the same about actors too). She obviously got the chance to produce music and work with those "bigger artists" because let's face it: She comes from a very privileged background. But even then when she performs you can see she's not as talented as she thinks she is. It's not only in an interview or trailer why people don't vote for a song, it can also be live talent or (lack of) charisma. I am not surprised that she hasn't done anything noteworthy in the last two years (and no, the pandemic is not the only reason for that) let alone before the NF, which is indeed her only claim to fame and here we're talking about her more than two years later so I guess someone was right here when they said we should just not talk about her. Period. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I mean, there are so many factors at play, it's hard to narrow it down.

My anecdotal two cents: Visited my parents (both 55+, "Sonntag ist Tatort Pflicht") when the NF 2019 aired and forced them to watch it. They liked Aly's song, but found her appalling because of her long fingernails, let that sink in.
But then again, they found Sister absolutely dreadful and liked Lilly, Makeda, and Linus the most. And their overall favourite at the ESC was KEiiNO, the televoting winner :lol:

Top Bottom