Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonaxh

It might not qualify. But I'll stick to my gut.

Let's not forget the moment these one's qualified:

I'm with @joao . I also have a gut feeling this might get through to the final. And there are some facts to suport this...
- Portugal got lucky with the semifinal draw: second half of the more open semifinal;
- (I know we all don't like to admit, but "friendly diaspora votes" are always there) there is Spain, France and Switzerland to provide televotes for sure;
- we already know how this is live. Can we say the same of many others in this semifinal? That's the problem of not having a national final and just release the song in a videoclip and streaming apps... They might be good, but they might suck as well... Time will tell.
- Tatanka's voice might not be for everyone but it's a quality voice, and juries might apreciate that.

What I'm trying to say is it could go either way, I think I'd give it 40% chance to qualify.

Damm! If I supported Homens da Luta, I defenetly suport The Black Mamba! Let's spread the poison and kill all haters!xcheer

Iker

Veteran
It might not qualify. But I'll stick to my gut.

Let's not forget the moment these one's qualified:

Georgian Lolitaz were more interesting to me (albeit I was shocked when they qualified) and they got a lot of jury support (quite unlikely to repeat with Portugal this year). Houdek's song was dreadful but had a gimmick going for it and stood out by being obnoxiously cheesy, this entry is not cheesy, but cozy / lukewarm.

It reminds me Latvia 2019 in a way, nice but harmless. Ok, as a background music but not competitive. But to be honest none of the songs in the Portuguese NF would be a likely Q.

Last edited:

lacrymea

Georgian Lolitaz were more interesting to me (albeit I was shocked when they qualified) and they got a lot of jury support (quite unlikely to repeat with Portugal this year). Houdek's song was dreadful but had a gimmick going for it and stood out by being obnoxiously cheesy, this entry is not cheesy, but cozy / lukewarm.

It reminds me Latvia 2019 in a way, nice but harmless. Ok, as a background music but not competitive. But to be honest none of the songs in the Portuguese NF would be a likely Q.
Lolitaz ❤️ My favorite that year ❤️

midnightsun

Veteran
We had a complete song covered by an ESC participant from a former ESC participant :ROFLMAO: (Hello Sweden 2001)
I think no artist has ever been disqualified because of similarities. Levina's song was stolen too but wasn't dq.
Apart from that, it's just the (small) chorus and if the rest is different, there will no dq (hopefully).

lacrymea

Hello, Mans.. . And Blanche's song (which I loved) was a complete rip off of a French or Swiss song I don't remember now.
Plagiarism over two chords combined? Seriously? 😒

Iker

Veteran

omg thoughts? is it enough to disqualify them? because the melody is identical.
Only beginning of the chorus is similar, everything else is too different to call it a plagiarism. We've had some real plagiarisms at the ESC (including plagiarisms of other ESC songs that were already also 'heavily inspired' like with that San Marino entry with robots on stage, the chorus was nearly identical to Mans' winning entry which was sonically ripled off something famous) I believe but this isn't one.

Decayingbooks

If you missed it, "plagiarism" in Eurovision 2020.
To be noted that they missed the comparison between "Tears getting Sober" and the song "Feel This Moment" by Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera

Loindici

Veteran
Love is on our side, babe. I wish it's already May.

Ezio

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
The whole song of Lithuania 2021 is basically a potpourri of 80s songs mixed together, so... no questions 😂
Lithuania though does not remind me any other song in particular. But I didn't listen to every song ever released, you know. The Roop's style is also very distinctive in my view. 'Golden Boy' from Israel on the other hand was like a couple of recent hits from that time glued together, lol. I don't remember exactly which ones. There was also another song from Israel that was accused for plagiarism and really reminded me one song of Leonard Cohen I think, but that one was so bad and irrelevant that everyone shrugged it off.

Top Bottom