A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jopi

Danny still remains my favorite tho.
I knew that 'the curse of Danny' would go on Eric xrofl

Realest

This poll is so unfair.. :(

As always with :se:.
I was forced to give 12 instead of 7 Points, to make the Poll look a bit more fair.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Citelis

I mean the juries are basic b*tches , but are they really THAT basic?

Plus, I don't see many Eastern and Southern juries going for this, if Björkman and the MF team even had some balls to invite more diverse juries and not just their delegation friends in western countries to basically support the entries instructed by them (hence why this international jury is a scam), then we could have another jury result. I think the Cypriot jury probably gave the best hint on where Eastern/Southern juries could stand on this.
So far i don't see anyone else from the rest countries that is so jury-friendly as this. And even if he does not win the jury-voting he will be on top3. No idea about t/v potential yet though.

Himan

Great song don't understand what you are all talking about.

A-lister

Veteran
So far i don't see anyone else from the rest countries that is so jury-friendly as this. And even if he does not win the jury-voting he will be on top3. No idea about t/v potential yet though.

Well, I for one hope that juries will start to support actually good or interesting entries and not this basic stuff year in and year out.

With that said, Sweden has been top. 3 with the juries (in the final) each year since 2011 (except for 2016), so a top. 3 wouldn't be shocking if we look at how the juries tend to vote (completely unfair and uncalled for of course but yeah), but I can see the televoters making it flop though (rightly so).

FilipFromSweden

Clara's song was the winner. Just a shame nobody involved with the staging or the costume design realised that and treated it like a doomed semi-final filler.
I'm going to assume you are talking about Clara since she picked out the dress .. in a second-hand thrift store

Mrm

Veteran
This is not basic at all @A-lister, this is actually so complex, on all levels, and I can see several layers here.. This is quality..one of the best entries that songwriting team did..

innou

It's a really jury-friendly song as it steps on every single cliche in the book. It will be no less than top 3 in the Eurovision jury. But the televote? Uuuuuh... Maybe it can score some top 10s in the west, but as for the east and the south, I see no hope for them. The Cypriot jury was a good indicator of that. I cannot imagine it in a million years entering the top 10 in the televote of my country, for sure. For me it's a 5.

A-lister

Veteran
Clara's song was the winner. Just a shame nobody involved with the staging or the costume design realised that and treated it like a doomed semi-final filler.

Because the song was in Swedish, this is why it was killed by the MF team... it's unfortunate, we could potentially have the first Swedish entry in years that actually sounds like something that is popular on our domestic music scene but with that staging/styling and to compete against massive media hype for Tusse, even the best song can't win... I think however that Clara's song will be one with the longevity here, just like The Mamas didn't end up being the most popular entry from MF'20, nor will Tusse's be now when the media got what they wanted and will move on and people will finally discover these songs without the hype or having to care about the stagings etc.

A-lister

Veteran
This is not basic at all @A-lister, this is actually so complex, on all levels, and I can see several layers here.. This is quality..one of the best entries that songwriting team did..

I mean I respect that taste in music differs, but there is nothing complex here what-so-ever... this is so standard and formulaic, we've had this entry in different shades since at least 2010 or even earlier xshrug... we do refer to the same song right?

FilipFromSweden

Citelis

Well, I for one hope that juries will start to support actually good or interesting entries and not this basic stuff year in and year out.

With that said, Sweden has been top. 3 with the juries (in the final) each year since 2011 (except for 2016), so a top. 3 wouldn't be shocking if we look at how the juries tend to vote (completely unfair and uncalled for of course but yeah), but I can see the televoters making it flop though (rightly so).
It's an entry that has been designed to do well with juries as several Melfest winners. Even if juries decide to appreciate something different they will still have a good place for an entry like this. It's early to say about t/v but even if he flops i can't imagine a disaster similar to 2018.

A-lister

Veteran
The Mamas has the most played MF20 song on Spotify

I am talking domestically though, not internationally (I am not surprised if you'd add international numbers they'd come in #1 as they were after all our pick to Eurovision), if you combine streams + radio play + sales in Sweden only for 2020, The Mamas is behind Dotter, Anna and Anis Don Demina.

I will comment objectively xqueenbitch

I appreciate this Pop / Soul horizon that Sweden has decided to undertake for years xyesI believe that, after all, Tusse is a perfect representative. The song is good, the choreography is theatrical, the voice and stage presence are there. I make a mention of the stage presence, of Tusse's determination. This is the thing that struck me most of all that she presented xup

Sweden have a safe pass to the final but obviously it will be difficult to reach the "Top 10" xthink Personal opinion, compared to the The Mamas has taken two steps back and compared to Lundvik five steps back.

Not choosing Dotter was good xyaaay but why didn't you choose Lyllasister? xcryYou left home the best... it would have been a spectacular ESC 2021... Maneskin vs Blind Channel vs Lyllasister! Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the awaited ... "HELL ON THE STAGE"!xheya This is a dream! xheat

Realest

Already 1 Place up from #6 to #5 in the Odds.

Top Bottom