What was I thinking? 'Cause all we did was fight
Don't you ever dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt

You're in the wrong place, you're in the wrong place
Don't you ever dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fierro

I give it an 8 so far, but it may downgrade (depends on how fast I will be tired of it).

Nevertheless, better song than last year. Good luck

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh, this is actually very nice. I don't really like the attitude of one of the band members, but that doesn't influence my opinion of the song itself and how much I enjoyed it overall. It's such a mature, darker and more mysterious version of "A Matter of Time" and Geike's voice fits much better than Luka's in the context of this song.

I also enjoyed "Release Me" and I gave it high points, but it faded away too soon and I had to release it from my top 10. Hopefully this one will stay longer in my mind. So far so good, it gets better with every listen.

:10: points

Miloutchi

I don’t really know how I feel about the song, because I just can’t get over what a d*ck that Alex Callier is.

But I have listened to it a few times today and for now I’d say I liked Release Me way better.

Fluke

It's exactly what i expected it to be and does nothing for me at all. Competent, but insubstantial.

CPV4931

I really like this one, especially the "Don't you ever dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt"-part, clearly preferring it compared to "Realase Me"

Realest

My favourite Song today. Who would have thought? 8/12

Lighthouse

For some reason, I am very into this years Belgium entry. I can't imagine what kind of performance they will come up with, but I hope they do the song's justice.

Preuss

I don’t really know how I feel about the song, because I just can’t get over what a d*ck that Alex Callier is.

But I have listened to it a few times today and for now I’d say I liked Release Me way better.

Yeah he's kinda unlikable lol

MAD20

I'm addicted to this. Geike's voice is magnetic and pleasant. The only issue I find is the ending, it seems like it's going to climax and it ends.

Ianp16

The song is moody, cool and well crafted but I can't see this qualifying in what is looking to be an absolutely amazing and strong semi final. Belgium looking for third NQ in a row.

tuorem

As someone who liked "Release Me" a lot last year, I don't know where "The Wrong Place" sits as far as my expectations are concerned. I remember they stated they would do things differently this year, but I'm unsure whether it's an improvement or not.

First of all, let's address the elephant in the room: Geike's return. Vocally and charisma-wise, there is no contest imo: she's much more emotive and interesting than Luka was (although I really feel for her given how she left the band). And I think she's the main asset of "The Wrong Place" for me.

The arrangements are more fleshed out and "cadenced" this time around. It sets the mood right away, which is good. Melodically it's a bit uneven, the verses and pre-choruses are fine, but the chorus is a tad underwhelming and leaves me on the roadside instead of taking me to my destination. Not to mention there is no bridge that could add a twist to the development of the composition. And it ends abruptly.

I like the production, like its cold vibe, but it's not THE song. It could be a grower but I prefer "Release Me" tbh.

Not to boast or anything - and I'm too lazy to unearth one of my comments from last year, but I note that the MV is the exact representation of the visuals I had proposed for "Release Me": lonely bride in a haunted house. My impact tbh :cool:

I'll wait and see what Hooverphonic do on stage, if our neighbours could get the staging right, that would help because I fear it might follow the fate of "A Matter Of Time" otherwise. :( The song alone won't be enough imo.

I'll give :7: points for now.

Nicholas123

Unpopular opinion. I absolutely loved Release me, i remember awarding it 10 points in the ESC game we had last year. This one is pretty nice too, it has class, the production is solid, i like the vocals, but it doesn't grab me as it should. I think i don't like the chorus that much. xthink I'm giving it :8: points for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom