A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Okay, I have watched the four winners just now. Before the heat I was rooting for The mamas, but I will support now Clara. For me clearly the best from all final songs! Guess she will have no chance, but finally a song from Sweden, I can stand behind fully.

empo21

Veteran
Semi placements guess based on the duels

:3: Alvaro Estrella "Baila Baila"
:4: Lillasyster "Pretender"

:4: Frida Green "The Silence"
:3: Paul Rey "The Missing Piece"

:3: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos "Rena rama ding dong"
:4: Clara Klingenström "Behöver inte dig idag"

:4: Klara Hammarström "Beat of Broken Hearts"
:3: Efraim Leo "Best of Me"

Duels 1 and 4 can have an upset win, but me thinks Paul Rey and Eva/Ewa win their duels.

LoveHate

It’s a real shame Jag behöver ingen scenshow idag lacks the staging to give a winning impression, because it’s by far the best (and least annoying) song left in the race.
I’m not a choreographer, but just some ideas:
-I love guitars, but lose the guitar.
-Start off with more introverted body language (borderline shoegazing). As the song progresses, open up more.
-A background dancer could appear halfway through, representing what she doesn’t behöver. The dancer tries to approach her and lure her in, but she says no.

FilipFromSweden

And here comes the racist card, how predictable Zzzzz ... no I am just telling what I see, I don't care about his background or skin color if that's what you think? My favorite entry in MF'19 was John Lundvik and Loreen is my favorite Swedish ESC entry of all time so xshrug ... but when they need to sell a song (or artist) with a back-story it's pretty blatant... the song and talent should be the selling point, he might have the talent, but the song not.

Oh please, The Weeknd is amazing, don't compare this blandess of a song to one of the greatest contemporary acts out there... there is nothing at all in this entry that reminds me of The Weeknd, Voices is typical MF Pop we've heard for years now...
I just find your thought process strange. Because you don't like a song, the reason others like it must be because of some sob story, you assume. Have you ever thought about the possibility that some people might just like it because they have different taste than you?

Jacco

My top 10:
1. Rena rama ding dong
2. Tänker inte alls ga hem
3. Voices
4. Rich
5. Little Tot
6. Still Young
7. Horizon
8. Behöver inte dig idag
9. Fingerprints
10. Beat Of Broken Hearts

hijirio

Veteran
Soooo here's my perfect top 3 after hearing all songs & watching the performances:

1. Kadiatou - One Touch (Sweden, you will never be glamour!!!! xcry xcry )
2. Charlotte Perrelli - Still Young
3. Dotter - Little Tot

Dandi Dansa and Every Minute are also growing with me.
The competition seems very open this year, reminding me of 2017. we shall be prepared for surprises ;)

crashworld

Veteran
So I have just watched all the 'live' performances of the Finalists (I know we still have 4 more - shall reserve my comments after they have been selected), so here are my thoughts and rankings:

1. Danny Saucedo: This is actually my favourite out of the 8. The overall package is really fun, the song is very catchy, Danny seems like he is enjoying himself on stage. The only thing I don't like is how he comes out from the smaller stage during the middle of the song, it just look very chaotic.

2. Eric Saade: The overall package is very slick and polished. Staging is simple yet effective. The song is pretty good, Eric did well in terms of the vocals. I can see why this is the favourites to win. But there is something missing for me that I can't point out. Maybe it's way too polished for me to fully support it.

3. Anton Ewald: I am more impressed by the staging and his effort in the dance moves than the song itself. Love the laser lightings. Very well done. Although I know he has the most energetic dance moves and it's very difficult to sing and do those dance moves at the same, but I am not very exactly pleased that the entire chorus is heavily relied on the backing track.

4. The Mamas: I love the nice touch at the beginning of the pre-recorded clip of them in their last year's outfits to show the continuation and their winning entry. Solid vocals, but the song is just decent. A little too samey to their last year's entry.

5. Dotter: Although the overall package is good. The staging is slick, Dotter showing confidence in her performance, but the song is just OK. "Bulletproof" is just too good.

6. Tusse: The song is really anthemic and positive, and pretty catchy. Tusse got really good vocals. But staging wise, it's OK.

7. Charlotte Perrelli: I really like the staging, very simple with the lightings, colors and the computer effects. But then I am not too sure about the parts where the dancers are posing like models and doing the cat-walks. The song is pretty dated. Her vocals seems a little off at times.

8. Arvingarna: This is my least favourite out of the 8. Song is extremely dated, staging is alright. I am just not impressed.

Overally, I can see why Sweden always puts out a good show. The stagings are just so impressive and some of them are just very simple and playing with the lightings. But so far, I don't think anyone gives me the winning vibes but anyone from my top 3 should be able to sit comfortably in the top 10 in the grand final of ESC.

A-lister

Veteran
I just find your thought process strange. Because you don't like a song, the reason others like it must be because of some sob story, you assume. Have you ever thought about the possibility that some people might just like it because they have different taste than you?

It's not because I dislike the song :lol: , if people like it then good for them , but I know the mentality of this country way too well and the media hyping something up is having great effect and unfortunately the average Swede is a collectivist bunch.

I mean you and I might not agree on all, but we are both Eurovision fans and view the songs way differently than your average person out there. We dissect the entries, analyse potential outcomes, compare to other entries etc. wheres most people are like "Oh Aftonbladet wrote that he had a tough childhood and said this is great, yeah I guess it is and I feel soooo sorry for him, he has my vote"... if you think such people don't exist then you need to take a look around, they are everywhere.

A-lister

Veteran
It’s a real shame Jag behöver ingen scenshow idag lacks the staging to give a winning impression, because it’s by far the best (and least annoying) song left in the race.
I’m not a choreographer, but just some ideas:
-I love guitars, but lose the guitar.
-Start off with more introverted body language (borderline shoegazing). As the song progresses, open up more.
-A background dancer could appear halfway through, representing what she doesn’t behöver. The dancer tries to approach her and lure her in, but she says no.

Yeah, this song is probably the best one left but the stage show is dreadfully amateur, she looks like a 12 year old girl standing in front of her mirror at home, it's frankly pretty embarrassing to watch and it's such a shame because the song is pretty good and could do much better with a better stage show. I am not sure there is need for any dancers, but they could work the camera and lights better, in fact now they film her from a very unflattering side instead.

I dunno if there will be any changes tbh, MF is notorious for not having any changes to the stage shows (not even for winning entries going to ESC), it makes me wonder if they are even allowed to do changes? xshrug

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
That would require Christer to give even a slightest fuck about Clara. Looking at what he made Sasha do to her staging, I highly doubt he does.
He wants to kill all Swedish language entries, the staging is ridiculous to say the least... such a shame.

Preuss

That would require Christer to give even a slightest fuck about Clara. Looking at what he made Sasha do to her staging, I highly doubt he does.

I hope that woman stays out of ESC this year. Or if she has to do something, do entries that I don't care about for god's sake, and stop playing Russian roulette

crashworld

Veteran
Just finished watching all the "Second Chance" performers, to be honest, I can't even pick 2 good songs from the list.
My picks on who should qualify to the final:

Duel 1: Alvaro Estrella
Duel 2: Paul Rey
Duel 3: Clara Klingenström
Duel 4: Klara Hammarström

My picks on who will qualify to the final:

Duel 1: Lillasyster
Duel 2: Paul Rey
Duel 3: Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos
Duel 4: Efraim Leo

Realest

it's really sad that the MF team on purpose want to kick out yet another Swedish language entry though with that duel xshrug

Id rather say SVT wants to ensure that at least 1 swedish Entry qualifies for the Final.
We could have Paul Rey vs Eva and Eva and Alvaro vs Clara and both swedish Entries would get eliminated.

Realest

I hope that woman stays out of ESC this year. Or if she has to do something, do entries that I don't care about for god's sake, and stop playing Russian roulette

I always thought you were a huge Fan of her.

Preuss

I always thought you were a huge Fan of her.

No. I mean, I can appreciate some of her work but she doesn't need to do 3-4 stagings every year and then flop with everyone but one and then have the audacity to claim that she does equal work on all of her acts xthink

Iker

Veteran
I would like something not cookie-cutter from Sweden now. Is there anything like that available this year?

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
İ am probably one who thinks that Clara staging is cute, watching MF i am getting tired that all performances very polish, every move is calculated etc and here comes Clara with her kinda amateurish and 'home ' performance which actually sells together with song. İts not my cup of song but i like it

Top Bottom