I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberbliss

:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah. If you would've actually included in your "glorious rant" some of the more hilarious phrases which are thrown around here, like "the production could've been more polished", I could've shouted "Bingo", but alas :(

And especially your comment about "All Youtubers should stick to Youtube" almost made me puke. What elitist crap are you even spouting? The ESC is for everyone, music is for everyone.

God, this forum sometimes... everything for the "Yass Queen Slaaaay" reactions.
Don’t put words in my mouth I never said. I read this forum a lot but write very seldom, that doesn’t make me a “yass queen” at all. I may have forgotten some reassuring smiley here and there, but the topic didn’t make me feel like smiling at all.
As for the Youtuber section, I wouldn’t mind if he COULD write a song, something that unfortunately doesn’t happen.

Cyberbliss

I think he didn't get the point of what Jendrik was saying. It's exactly the opposite. He is against being homophobic. Jendrik himself is gay. So Cyberbliss is quite wrong ...
Homophobic are the comments he received, you didn’t get my post.

Sammy

Veteran
:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah. If you would've actually included in your "glorious rant" some of the more hilarious phrases which are thrown around here, like "the production could've been more polished", I could've shouted "Bingo", but alas :(

And especially your comment about "All Youtubers should stick to Youtube" almost made me puke. What elitist crap are you even spouting? The ESC is for everyone, music is for everyone.

God, this forum sometimes... everything for the "Yass Queen Slaaaay" reactions.
Speaking of enshrining posts: your last sentence! Priceless and so very true!xup

hungo

the video is very messy. too much of everything for me. but it will bring diversity to rotterdam.

Franzilein

Don’t put words in my mouth I never said. I read this forum a lot but write very seldom, that doesn’t make me a “yass queen” at all. I may have forgotten some reassuring smiley here and there, but the topic didn’t make me feel like smiling at all.
As for the Youtuber section, I wouldn’t mind if he COULD write a song, something that unfortunately doesn’t happen.
Oh, rest assured, I didn't feel like smiling at all when I read your piece, it made me laugh hysterically. The one time someone writes his own song, produces the music video on his own instead of having someone else do the work for him; the one time someone stays true to himself, you come around and talk about show business? In the context of the farce that is the Eurovision Song Contest? The show that is derided by so many established musicians and even ignored by young and upcoming talents; the show where it's all about light shows, glitter and commerce? Where the eye feeds just as much as the ear?

I was talking about your point about all YouTubers. Do you have any idea how many kids are out there producing awesome shit in their basements and upload them there? Your elitist view disgusts me to no end. You're most likely only a consumer of music (EDIT: cause I can't even fathom a musician being this snob about other musicians) and talk BS like that. Freaking loathsome.

Yes, I feel very comfortable when I repeat myself: Lmao. But glorious rant, yaaaas, you slayed me. Really! Catch those few internet points, tiger!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CPV4931

Film about Jendriks way, including some scenes from his first audition.
I love to see how much effort they put in the performance. It´s the first time for years I am confident that we are going to get a great performance that supports the song

BorisBubbles

Veteran
You're free to like it sure, but in my humble opinion 'I don't feel hate' doesn't work on a fundamental level.

Not that I would try to undermine Cyberbliss's with an anger-fuelled rant of my own, and besides my posts already contain so much 'Angry Man Logic' that you can almost mistake them for a David Mitchell tribute act (take note Loindici, this is not a comparison I consider unflattering. Piers Morgan. Pah!)

Anyway, it's usually a good thing to respond to hatred and social shunning with a certain "...and you are?", undermining the hater's anger and grossness with you. This is not a problem in itself.

In fact, two years back we had an act who did EXACTLY this and he was DESPISED by this very place. In case you draw a blank, I'll give you a hint: he's not a rich, but he's shining bright.

Drawing strength always requires an innate form of adversity, a hurdle you need to overcome to grow as a person. In Billal Hassani's case, this was glaringly obvious: he is a genderfluid, homosexual person of colour from a muslim background. He's received tons of hatred online and in person, so when he showed up with the same 'et qui vous êtes?" energy in 'Roi', I was charmed. The song was medriocre but eh, looking at Eurovision from a purely musical perspective is like painting with cataract. You miss out on the whole picture.

Jendrik, who is just a random store-bought, wonder-bread-looking onlyfans twink, lacks this backstory. For all intents and purposes he's a random millennial who shows up with a ukelele all 'WELL I KNOW YOU WANT TO HATE ME BUT I DON'T CARE LA LA LA', which...

who are you and why should I hate you?

Jendrik provides no answers to these questions beyond his song, indicating that he, ironically, should be hated because that's what he tells you! It's passive-aggressive and juvenile.

There is no preceding backstory to draw the empowerment from, which is why 'I don't feel hate' fails on a fundamental level. Jendrik wraps it in a cloak of faker-than-faux-fur wokeness, which is rather insidious and mercenary when you think of it - the song, doesn't support marginalized groups, nor does it really teach you how to overcome hate. It's a random telling you you can't hate him because he doesn't care...

But if you don't care about who hates you, then why bother writing this song?

Why post online screenshots of people DM'ing you and calling you the F-word when you can just block them?

Remember, this is an international musical competition. Jendrik's real agenda is to do well in it, and in doing so spins an elaborate lie that his fans are eating up like candy. Sadly it's that black liquorice candy with salt on it.

Like, I understand why these inconsistencies are lost on most people. I spend a lot more time thinking about Eurovision songs than the average person, and the ideas I lay out here are not something you can satisfactorily explain in under a minute. But there's something really devious to this song once you start analyzing its narrative. The pieces don't fit and what it is claiming to tell you does not align with that it actually tells you. But it sure sounds jolly I guess.

Now, on a musical paradigm, "I don't feel hate" is on the same level as "Still breathing" is for me. This is MY controversial opinion but 'Still Breathing' was the worst song, musically speaking, in 2020. A bunch of self-aggrandizing scat strung together by some camel fart honking noise.

"I don't feel hate" is structurally similar, but there are parallels in the narrative delivery as well: Fake-Woke Empowerment that barely masks the interpreter's egocentric personality - but in Samanta's case it works because Samanta Tina truly gives not a flying fuck what other people think about her. 'Still Breathing' is about "female-empowerment", yes, but of one woman only: Samanta herself. She doesn't even hide it. Being rejected from Supernova seven times and from Atranka once does that to any strong person. She doesn't post screenshots of the online 'hate' she receives to prove she's Above It All. She doesn't try to prove anything other than the fact that she's Samanta Tina, bitches and it's amazing to be Samanta Tina. As far as narratives go, that is good enough for me.

Jendrik however? Just a random white twink. Walk into any summer pop up bar, throw a pebble and you'll hit five Jendriks. He's not unique, nor confident and he knows. He needs to profile himself, and so he does, by being deliberately irritating.

This was your bit of "psychoanalysis 101 with BorisBubbles" have a pleasant evening loving, hating or not giving a fuck about this song x0x0

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
I love to see how much effort they put in the performance. It´s the first time for years I am confident that we are going to get a great performance that supports the song
Think so too. And as the film shows, he is a good dancer and performer. But I am really curious how they will replace the "laundry"-scene on stage.

Mrm

Veteran
That was a joke entry that I hated passionately... :lol:
Well it s very meaningful actually.. :lol:
I also hated it, i was very young back then, now i have a bit different perspective..

midnightsun

Veteran
You're free to like it sure, but in my humble opinion 'I don't feel hate' doesn't work on a fundamental level.

Not that I would try to undermine Cyberbliss's with an anger-fuelled rant of my own, and besides my posts already contain so much 'Angry Man Logic' that you can almost mistake them for a David Mitchell tribute act (take note Loindici, this is not a comparison I consider unflattering. Piers Morgan. Pah!)

Anyway, it's usually a good thing to respond to hatred and social shunning with a certain "...and you are?", undermining the hater's anger and grossness with you. This is not a problem in itself.

In fact, two years back we had an act who did EXACTLY this and he was DESPISED by this very place. In case you draw a blank, I'll give you a hint: he's not a rich, but he's shining bright.

Drawing strength always requires an innate form of adversity, a hurdle you need to overcome to grow as a person. In Billal Hassani's case, this was glaringly obvious: he is a genderfluid, homosexual person of colour from a muslim background. He's received tons of hatred online and in person, so when he showed up with the same 'et qui vous êtes?" energy in 'Roi', I was charmed. The song was medriocre but eh, looking at Eurovision from a purely musical perspective is like painting with cataract. You miss out on the whole picture.

Jendrik, who is just a random store-bought, wonder-bread-looking onlyfans twink, lacks this backstory. For all intents and purposes he's a random millennial who shows up with a ukelele all 'WELL I KNOW YOU WANT TO HATE ME BUT I DON'T CARE LA LA LA', which...

Jendrik provides no answers to these questions beyond his song, indicating that he, ironically, should be hated because that's what he tells you! It's passive-aggressive and juvenile.

There is no preceding backstory to draw the empowerment from, which is why 'I don't feel hate' fails on a fundamental level. Jendrik wraps it in a cloak of faker-than-faux-fur wokeness, which is rather insidious and mercenary when you think of it - the song, doesn't support marginalized groups, nor does it really teach you how to overcome hate. It's a random telling you you can't hate him because he doesn't care...

Why post online screenshots of people DM'ing you and calling you the F-word when you can just block them?

Remember, this is an international musical competition. Jendrik's real agenda is to do well in it, and in doing so spins an elaborate lie that his fans are eating up like candy. Sadly it's that black liquorice candy with salt on it.

Like, I understand why these inconsistencies are lost on most people. I spend a lot more time thinking about Eurovision songs than the average person, and the ideas I lay out here are not something you can satisfactorily explain in under a minute. But there's something really devious to this song once you start analyzing its narrative. The pieces don't fit and what it is claiming to tell you does not align with that it actually tells you. But it sure sounds jolly I guess.

Now, on a musical paradigm, "I don't feel hate" is on the same level as "Still breathing" is for me. This is MY controversial opinion but 'Still Breathing' was the worst song, musically speaking, in 2020. A bunch of self-aggrandizing scat strung together by some camel fart honking noise.

"I don't feel hate" is structurally similar, but there are parallels in the narrative delivery as well: Fake-Woke Empowerment that barely masks the interpreter's egocentric personality - but in Samanta's case it works because Samanta Tina truly gives not a flying fuck what other people think about her. 'Still Breathing' is about "female-empowerment", yes, but of one woman only: Samanta herself. She doesn't even hide it. Being rejected from Supernova seven times and from Atranka once does that to any strong person. She doesn't post screenshots of the online 'hate' she receives to prove she's Above It All. She doesn't try to prove anything other than the fact that she's Samanta Tina, bitches and it's amazing to be Samanta Tina. As far as narratives go, that is good enough for me.

Jendrik however? Just a random white twink. Walk into any summer pop up bar, throw a pebble and you'll hit five Jendriks. He's not unique, nor confident and he knows. He needs to profile himself, and so he does, by being deliberately irritating.

This was your bit of "psychoanalysis 101 with BorisBubbles" have a pleasant evening loving, hating or not giving a fuck about this song x0x0

Going after his looks is always a mature way of reaction. 👍🏻

Plus, for someone who doesn’t give a fuck you seem to be amusingly offended by him. Some would say threatened. ;) Maybe because he hit the nail on the head.

By the way, in case you missed this „tiny unimportant“ detail: he speaks for everyone of us, not about him. When he says „I don’t feel hate“ he means „None should feel hate“ (because it makes no sense).

I know, it’s so hard not being the center of attention but don’t worry, he‘s in the spotlight only for some weeks now. The stage is yours again after May.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

While I somewhat like the song, you draw an interesting point here to be honest. I would have never made the parallel with Bilal but now it's glaringly obvious, and the way they treated it is vastly different too. Bilal really embraced the hatred and acted on it, while Jendrick's song is just a middle finger to the world. I'm not as extreme as you, as we indeed know nothing about his background so his attitude might be more genuine than what you perceive, but there is indeed a total lack of context about his message. Personally I don't care about this aspect but it might be harder to connect to for some people indeed.

Ezio

Veteran
Top Bottom