I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

MooseShoes

To quote CM Burns, "I'm no art critic. But I know what I hate. And I don't hate this."

I think Matt's reaction video sums it up. This guy's managed to put together so many annoying elements but it works. Am I going to give it a high mark? Definitely not, but I'd rather listen to this than more than at least one of Germany's entries from the last decade.

Also, it's hilarious that people are comparing Cyprus's entry to Lady Gaga, whereas Germany's is giving me Spongebob and South Park influences. At least they're going full-on with this.

A :6: from me, putting it level with Israel and above Cyprus and way above Spain. Yes, you heard right.

Cyberbliss

I tell you why I can't help but hate this song.

Ukulele. Whistles. Predictable verses. Ripe message. Uncomprehensible lines. Annoying chorus. Repetitive. Fake empathy. Inconsistent bridge. Messy ending.

This is NOT a song. It's a cauldron of politically correct themes stirred with a selfish desire to be in the spotlight NO MATTER WHAT. He may be a YouTuber and should stick to that (all YouTubers should do so). Catchy doesn't mean it's good. The German delegation has sold its dubitable professionality for a bunch of likes. No ne does it for free, but this panthomyme smells money, clicks and press revenues from all pores. Nothing to do with music, only showbiz.

To all the people who actually like this thing: I will never agree with you. I want songs, not jingles. You will get tired of this as soon as you wake up tomorrow and piss away the night's booze.

Social insults: to condemn, always. But his answer is plain rhetoric. What should he write? No artist will eff openly someone off. You can be anyone you want to be but if your song sucks don't try to sell it like it was the golden snitcher and then answer the critics with "you hate my persona so you unleash your rage towards the song" (btw "Love don't hate it" is a song from Duncan Laurence, fyi - so again, nothing new).

Truth is, we've had enough of life dramas. We have our own. Everyone involved in this project was expecting this kind of homophobic crap so I don't see the point. Move on! Do something new instead of treading over the same path over and over again. Behind a character there is always a management. Ask Conchita. But she delivered, had the song, the arrangement, the voice and a big support. None of these aspects is present for this... thing. A violent thing indeed. For the ears.

Germany really needs to fix on music because this is a slick attempt at boycotting the credibility of a show in which their contribution has been recently very disturbing if not damaging.

rasmuslights

Veteran

Ukulele. Whistles. Predictable verses. Ripe message. Uncomprehensible lines. Annoying chorus. Repetitive. Fake empathy. Inconsistent bridge. Messy ending.

This is NOT a song. It's a cauldron of politically correct themes stirred with a selfish desire to be in the spotlight NO MATTER WHAT. He may be a YouTuber and should stick to that (all YouTubers should do so). Catchy doesn't mean it's good. The German delegation has sold its dubitable professionality for a bunch of likes. No ne does it for free, but this panthomyme smells money, clicks and press revenues from all pores. Nothing to do with music, only showbiz.

To all the people who actually like this thing: I will never agree with you. I want songs, not jingles. You will get tired of this as soon as you wake up tomorrow and piss away the night's booze.

Social insults: to condemn, always. But his answer is plain rhetoric. What should he write? No artist will eff openly someone off. You can be anyone you want to be but if your song sucks don't try to sell it like it was the golden snitcher and then answer the critics with "you hate my persona so you unleash your rage towards the song" (btw "Love don't hate it" is a song from Duncan Laurence, fyi - so again, nothing new).

Truth is, we've had enough of life dramas. We have our own. Everyone involved in this project was expecting this kind of homophobic crap so I don't see the point. Move on! Do something new instead of treading over the same path over and over again. Behind a character there is always a management. Ask Conchita. But she delivered, had the song, the arrangement, the voice and a big support. None of these aspects is present for this... thing. A violent thing indeed. For the ears.

Germany really needs to fix on music because this is a slick attempt at boycotting the credibility of a show in which their contribution has been recently very disturbing if not damaging.
agree with every single thing you said, well put together

Franzilein

^ Lmao. The entitlement some people have to consider what is a song and what not. Rezo, we need your 2Bough video in English.

Anyway, if someone wants to have a closer look at the harmonics, I always find piano covers very suitable for that.

Loren

Heute erstmals im deutschen Radio gehört und nun auch das Video angeschaut. Es ist bunt, lebensfroh, schräg und absolut harmlos..... nicht negativ gemeint. Über Geschmack lässt sich nicht streiten. Wer weiß, vielleicht wird der Glaube an ein Überraschung nicht unbeantwortet bleiben?

SongText: imglyrics.com/908-jendrik-i-dont-feel-hate.html

Cyberbliss

^ Lmao. The entitlement some people have to consider what is a song and what not.

Same entitlement you feel free to post your music knowledge links. I don't think we need to chat about who's better at analyzing songs.

aef

I already start enjoying it after the first shock! :5: points for now.

Lindon

Despite the fact that I'm currently very busy with #starmania21, once again with translation for the non-German speaking people.

shameless

Love how
Just watched ARD Tagesthemen and I don't feel hate :ROFLMAO:
Wonder how many people thought Caren Miosga was referring to their own homes when she said "it looks better than here. Because here it doesn't look colourful at all"

ESC94

Can I give you a medal?? I agree with every single word!! xrunhug

Franzilein

Same entitlement you feel free to post your music knowledge links. I don't think we need to chat about who's better at analyzing songs.

:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah. If you would've actually included in your "glorious rant" some of the more hilarious phrases which are thrown around here, like "the production could've been more polished", I could've shouted "Bingo", but alas :(

And especially your comment about "All Youtubers should stick to Youtube" almost made me puke. What elitist crap are you even spouting? The ESC is for everyone, music is for everyone.

God, this forum sometimes... everything for the "Yass Queen Slaaaay" reactions.

Ianp16

I'm lost. Why is this song homophobic? Am I missing something or is this satire?

Brandt

Just another basic straight white boi without personality
Just because some people don't try to shove it in your eyes what glorified, fake and only to present personality they have like Jendrik does, doesn't mean people who solely make music don't have personality lol.

Top Bottom