Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

lacrymea

I really love mema in studio version, but this was shaky live..and outfit didn't help I guess..
Yeah, it was very weak today. A bit amateurish, even. Which is a shame, the song is good, but I wasn't surprised it didn't qualify.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
My 5 favourites made it. It was the first time I ever listened to the songs and I can't see what's so special Nadine's song, I expected so much more... it sounded too boring and plain.😑 xshrug On the other hand, I loved Fabia's performance & song, but the outfit is JUST horrible. xgaah WTF...? 🤢🙄
IMO these 5 could be the only decent qualifiers, but, for now, I feel a special thing for:
"Saudade" and "Love is on my side" (what a voice and performance!). But all the others are lovely as well. Expected much worse tbh.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Interpretation was marvelous, I will never understand this..devastated..

It's not on Youtube yet. I don't know if I want to watch it even. It's just going to make me sad. This NF season is dealing me too many blows. It will all rest on the internal picks most probably to deliver songs I can love.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

FilipeGolias

Nadine delivered her song competently but I always found this entry very old-fashioned (in fact, the composer said it had been 20 years in a drawer...) and too pompous. Valéria had the better 'fado'-esque package. Unlike Fábia's Q, Nadine's NQ is unsurprising.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Is there nowhere to see the live performances yet? I'm intrigued to see how Saudade was live

edit: nvm xx

Decayingbooks

Yeah, it was very weak today. A bit amateurish, even. Which is a shame, the song is good, but I wasn't surprised it didn't qualify.

It sounded like that Meena sang well but imo there was a problem with the sound mixing with the backing vocals, they weren't in sync.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Valéria's beautiful toilet roll doll dress. Fabulous. Song was quite nice also although a bit too... much maybe? I think it can grow on me with more listens.

4oopaoilhln41.jpg
Valeria need's a new dress IMMEDIATELY! It's an actual emergency.

I don't mind the puffiness, it could actually be bigger to make it more dramatic, but all black please.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
to be honest, Valéria qualifying in that dress made me realize Heleza was just a random FdC act that had somehow wound up in Estonia. xheart

Incidentally, Valéria's dress is the only reason to like her because her song zZzZzZzZZz.

mauve

Veteran
I was too tired yesterday eve and didn't follow this NF. I heard that Nadine is out, so sad about it. She was my fave in the whole section. I will rewatch some performances and might find one that I like...

Sammy

Veteran
I need to look up the word "saudade"... Seems to be the trending word of this ESC season. :lol:

Edit: just looked it up. No surprise why already 2 entries have it in their title. This is Portugal! :mrgreen:

crashworld

Veteran
Just finished watching all the performances from the semi 1, my first time doing that for Portugal's NF.

There isn't a single song that I like. It's kinda there. I wonder if you need to be from that country/region to truly appreciate Portuguese music or need to have an acquired taste to like the songs. Because it seems like they don't follow the trends or what is popular right now at least based on the entries from semi 1. Maybe it's a good thing, to showcase the local music scene and be authentic to what they are more comfortable with.

And looking back, I realize I didn't like any song from Portugal in the competition and the only one that I do enjoy is actually the studio version of last year's winning entry.

Mainshow

Veteran
. Maybe it's a good thing, to showcase the local music scene and be authentic to what they are more comfortable with.
Personally, I think that this should be the main point of Eurovision. I wish other countries were as authentic and bold as Portugal (usually) is.

Top Bottom