Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fierro

I couldn't sleep because it played in my head the whole night xcrazy
And after one person in VK group misspelled their lyrics on purpose I can't now unhear that part. F*ck VK fanbase

VikingTiger

...With that said, I don't think any amount of listening to Mongolese throat singing would make me a fan of the singing style so I'm also guilty to this :lol: To my defense though, Mongolia isn't part of the contest or make up half of a continent's music heritage ;)

😄

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
With that said, I don't think any amount of listening to Mongolese throat singing would make me a fan of the singing style so I'm also guilty to this :lol: To my defense though, Mongolia isn't part of the contest or make up half of a continent's music heritage ;)
But Mongolian throat singing can be fire :cool:

Back to SHUM, I really wonder how they will shorten it to 3min, I don't think there's any necessary part. Maybe in the non-vocals transitions but they add a lot to the song.

ESC94

Well, I kinda like this entry more than their song last year, especially the rhythm is more catch and interesting. Sadly I still can´t get into these kind of singing all that much, her voice starts to get tiring after a while. The last minute is sadly kinda repetitive imo. Maybe the shorter ESC version will solve this problem.

At the moment I give :6:.

A-lister

Veteran
But Mongolian throat singing can be fire :cool:

Ok, this is actually pretty cool!

See... everything is possible to like eventually in the right package :)

Anyways, Mongolese throat singing is just basically the original growling anyways so ;)

LontraCanadensis

This doesn't pop off as much to me as Solovey did last year, but I do like this a lot! I think they really towed the line of bringing something with the good qualities of Solovey while not just c/p the formula. I do think that Ukraine could still struggle due to the lack of familiarity of the style of singing, but I trust in Ukraine and Go_A making a good show no matter what. I think the biggest thing that it has going for it is that its energy is unmatched by any of the other songs really so far. That being said, my favorite parts of the song are the flute parts and the trance'y slow part at the end. I think the song is a bit repetitive though, and like someone said earlier about it being nightcore-esque, it doesn't really hide that fact. However, I think once the song is trimmed down by a minute that it won't be an issue. I'm really glad that Ukraine can continue its reign of slaying ~ :8: points

wtf

So catchy! Can't wait for the 3 minute version, I'm sure they'll nail it.

AlekS

Veteran
I browsed through different Ukrainian polls (800 voters+), I know it's not accurate to compare snippets to a full song, but here we are:

SHUM - 58%
Rano - 25%
Tserkovka - 17%

STB (our co-broadcaster) featured Go_A in their prime time news.
She performs few lines in the studio:

Thankfully they won't give it a drastic revamp. They added more drymba and more sopilka (flute). They posted a little snippet from the studio in the insta stories and it sounded even more uptempo when they added sopilka, the sound became richer.
There won't be drastic changes to the lyrics too. Certain blogger will get a heart attack :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Pål Nordahl

Okay... I've completely changed my mind on this song. It's strangely addictive and keeps calling me back to listen to it again. I'm reminded of a bruise - slightly painful to touch but you enjoy touching it anyway. Don't fight the Shum, just let the psychedelic trance happen. Very happy to increase my rating to :10: xup

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Here we go... pro-Russian polititologist called Go_A "degenerates". Russian media with the titles like "The last place for Ukraine is guaranteed". Certain people in YT comments: "There's no Ukrainian culture". Our language is being called derogatory words.
The fire from their burning buttholes makes me tan xbeach:lol:

STB news for years keep saying Dobir instead of Vidbir .... xfacepalm
Dobir as selection process. Both options are right:
https://onlinecorrector.com.ua/uk/добір/

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Katya gave interview to Ukraine 24 channel. The rules aren't clear about folk lyrics, but they are in talks with ESC producers to do everything right.

The cat graced us with his presence:

The company/art director responsible for the staging will be selected soon. PBC will select the winner together with Go_A.

WhoKnows

Here we go... pro-Russian polititologist called Go_A "degenerates". Russian media with the titles like "The last place for Ukraine is guaranteed". Certain people in YT comments: "There's no Ukrainian culture". Our language is being called derogatory words.
The fire from their burning buttholes makes me tan xbeach:lol:

On YouTube, when it was first announced as the entry, the likes/dislikes were 29k/1k. Now it's 60k/5.7k. Most of the negative comments are in Russian so I'm assuming most of those dislikes are too.

AlekS

Veteran
^ As I've said there was a bot attack. I was watching the vid, had to respond to a call, closed the browser and started again at the same page, like in 5 minutes. There were 700+ new dislikes.
It's not uncommon for Ukrainian videos to receive so many dislikes.
Zlata was one of the first victims btw. She received 1000+ dislikes before the live premiere. Our ESC blogger also received 600+ dislikes within 5 minutes (before the live broadcast), but it was revenge, not political.
Drag diva Monroe (who also reviews ESC time after time, she's been to Lisbon and Kyiv shows, she's a fan) received 200 dislikes in 1 minute and Russian bots spammed her chatbox with political & homophobic slurs (saw that myself)... she had to interrupt the live broadcast and start all over again.
Today certain political Russian site mentioned the video in their absolutely disgusting article, so hundreds of dislikes came from there as well. I actually like that they see our entry as a threat, just like any popular song or event with a strong Ukrainian identity. They wouldn't have had such reaction if the song was bad ;)

Edit: The most positive thing in all of this is Goa_A's reaction. #негнипатик (#don't bend a rod ... as if don't overreact to negativity :)) They are in awesome mood, happy & laugh a lot and I like how it affects their work in the studio xlove

Last edited:
Top Bottom