Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Wow ok, that's certainly an interesting direction they've taken here. I really enjoy the dark atmosphere in this song, making Slavic mythology and tradition coming back to life. I see that Shum is actually an ancient game/dance to summon the spring season, but the music video doesn't give me that vibe lol.

:8: for now xthink

Mrm

Veteran
As I said yesterday, not my fave here, but whatever they have chosen I would give them 12! xlove xheart

I hope they will make 3 min version, clever.. :)

I think I liked "Solovey" a bit more, but I'm actually not sure..both are great!

"Shum" reminds me of Polish traditional folk music more and that singing, while "Solovey" was more on Ukrainian/Russian side, in my ears..

I xheart you Go-A! xyaaay

Mimmon

Veteran
Okay...Finally I have time to say my opinion about Ukraine entry....
Its so unique (in my opinion) the storytelling of this song is unique but yet good.
Its such a ethnic but with modern twist and something captivated that you want to listen more and more...

12/50

Fluke

Whoa-ho-ho, it's getting exciting! Even better than Solovey for sure, obviously they're gonna change some things for the 3 minute version but my hopes are high. I'm sure they got an awesome staging planned to, i don't think the "protection suit" idea is all that great, but they might go for something else entirely. The whole thing seems inspired by the success of Dadi Freyr and Little Big, they could easily get the same viral success, it's Ukraine we're talking about after all....

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
This is really exciting! I want to hear the 3 minute version before I go completely nuts about this, but this is still easily a :12: from me. This is probably the closest we'll ever get to psytrance in Eurovision, and I love it. xheart Even better than Solovey last year imo.

Pål Nordahl

It’s a little too repetitive for me. Love the overall vibe and the electronic folk combination, but I was waiting for a melodic change which never happened and was left feeling disappointed. I understand that’s maybe the style - accelerating reoccurring acid trip hallucinations or something. A lot of people will love this! I think it’s.. okay. Rating it a :6:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
It's a clear non-qualifier!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
mmm Well first off, I hated their entry last year and her singing is not my thing at all. Very much an acquired taste that just wasn't for me but I could see why people enjoyed it. This is one... is better but at the same time i'm not a fan at all again for the same reasons, it's just not my sort of thing. It's interesting for sure, but it also feels like it needs some work (which it seems it will be getting), Idk if I like or hate that sudden rave section or the beat throughout. The huge positive is that it's in Ukrainian, I love it when countries who use their own language instead of jumping straight to English. Likely to change when I hear the final version, but for now it's just 3 points I think as it's just not for me.

Mrm

Veteran
Always keep dreaming... If Ukraine qualified with M*l*v*n, then it'll easily qualify with Shum, which is first and foremost in Ukrainian...
Why you consider a non english entry as an advantage, when in reality it is contrary? :D

Mrm

Veteran
mmm Well first off, I hated their entry last year and her singing is not my thing at all. Very much an acquired taste that just wasn't for me but I could see why people enjoyed it. This is one... is better but at the same time i'm not a fan at all again for the same reasons, it's just not my sort of thing. It's interesting for sure, but it also feels like it needs some work (which it seems it will be getting), Idk if I like or hate that sudden rave section or the beat throughout. The huge positive is that it's in Ukrainian, I love it when countries who use their own language instead of jumping straight to English. Likely to change when I hear the final version, but for now it's just 3 points I think as it's just not for me.

You are not a true SLAV either!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: xpunish

:lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
Just logged myself in to bring the :12: option to over 40% again.
"Shum" is a fantastically bombastically extraordinary ride of a trance-folk piece of art.
This deserves to qualify - and it will - Slavic People around Europe... Unite!
Odessa 2022!

Top Bottom