flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
The thing is, I can still see tweets about them whenever somebody quotes or mentions their shitty songs. Ugh. At this point I will have a list of silenced words long one kilometer, but how can I silence songtitles if they are also songtitles of songs that I love (like "My guy" by Mary Wells)?

Can you pester someone else with your essential problems? Thank you.

aef

Wiwiwbloggs is right with saying that this is more sophisticated than "On Fire"... I think it will do well with both juries and televoters!

Schlagerman1

When I heard the studio version on it's own I got a bit worried. Still a good song, but thought it was a bit too artsy...but when I saw the music video, I SAW THE CLEAR PICTURE! Jesus, this song is so catchy in quite a new way. It is very Scissor Sisters in a way, very nostalgic disco with some rockish influences that makes it so fresh and exciting. And the tune, Duh Duh Duh Duh, is still ringing in my head hours after hearing it just once. Do I think it will win ESC? Well, maybe not, but this will still make an impact, perhaps manage to grab a bigger bunch of jury-votes. The Roop is fantastic songmakers and Vaidotas Valiukevičius is one of the most charismatic frontmen that exists in music today. Absolutely fabolous, makes me wanna dance alone and that is of course okay! xdance2 xdance xyaay

Ezio

Veteran
I was instantly put off by On Fire and instantly drawn into the Discotèque. On fire was too basic for me, but the new song is really cool.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think I have listened to "Discoteque" like 15 times throughout the day. WHAT A BOP.

My mother loves it as well (:D)

Schlagerman1

I think I have listened to "Discoteque" like 15 times throughout the day. WHAT A BOP.

My mother loves it as well (:D)

If it wins, I am very curious to see what my mom will think about it if it wins. She did enjoy "On Fire" somewhat, but I think it might have gone a little over the head of my family while we had our annual listening through...I do think though that this might suit her a bit better. It has some slight touch of "Seven Nation Army" feel over it, which is among her top 10 faves ever so...I think she will enjoy this a lot. :D

MalagaToledo

Banned
I've heard disquoteq. I was sad because they were overhyped last year. But fire is catchy, memorable on the first listening and with fire they could have been in top 5 even though I had at least 10 other entries better than fire. I also don't like much joke entries and artists that are overhyped.

Onto disquoteq song. Much worse, unmemorable song than fire in every musical aspect. I see that the whole focus of Roop group is on the facial expressions and weird hand moves in which some were copied from fire like eyebrow and hands behind head. They lack originality. They had one year to prepare themselves. Fire is by milestones better than this one. They ruined first impression from last year, but they weren't my favourites so I'm not disappointed.

PS. There's something so weird watching someone who is 40+ years doing those weird hand moves. They're doing too much but not musically wise and not in a good way. This is not the way to be memorable. I can't take them seriously after those wardrobes and circusing on stage. I feel honestly embarrassed watching that. They can be happy if they win lithuania selection. Even if they do, the jurry would put this entry where it belongs and i don't see public grabbing phones to vote for that one either.

aef

Already over 700,000 views!

Schlagerman1

PS. There's something so weird watching someone who is 40+ years doing those weird hand moves. They're doing too much but not musically wise and not in a good way. This is not the way to be memorable. I can't take them seriously after those wardrobes and circusing on stage. I feel honestly embarrassed watching that. They can be happy if they win lithuania selection. Even if they do, the jurry would put this entry where it belongs and i don't see public grabbing phones to vote for that one either.

You are of course welcome to have your own opinion, but I would just like to say that the point that people find it "embarrassing" to see Vaidotas doing these moves is just the reason why he would do them. The whole meaning with both "On Fire" and "Discoteque" is to do whatever you like and that noone elses opinion matters. That feels to me, as a person that reads way too much what people would think of myself, feel stronger at least for the moment. Of course can a 40+ man make funny faces, make silly dance moves and just be a big entertainer. Sure, it is not for everyone, but I don't see it as overacting. I see he is doing the right stuff at the right time. As when Discoteque starts, he makes moves like he can't control his body, the music is taking over him more and more as the song goes. I see it like a way to salute to music, that music can break barriers, even the walls to peoples home, despite this pandemic that has forced people to stay at home for months. And that is amazing.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Reading the comments, am I the only one who likes On Fire way more than Discotheque ? :lol:
Last year I couldn't care less about the staging, I was drawn into it from the get-go thanks to his tone. I loved what he did with his voice, and the song was catchy. I was sold pretty quickly.
Discotheque seems so bland in that aspect, only parts that click with me are the "alone", otherwise it's just a decent song for me. If it wins I can see it sitting between 10th-15th of my ranking at best.

Edit : okay I sense a potential grower here, see you in a few weeks

MalagaToledo

Banned
Edit : okay I sense a potential grower here, see you in a few weeks
I agree with everything you said except that it would be on the bottom of my scoreboard if it qualifies for esc.
That is the thing with esc, most viewers hear the song for the first time in semifinal. There are no second or third chances to love the song. You need to be amazed by the song on the first listening cause that's your real opinion about it. It lacks originality and those weird, creepy hand moves and facial expressions are really off-putting and I'm embarrassed that i watched it. Musically speaking it's less memorable and less quality than fire.

pavarotti

This is not a fully-rounded song like their effort last year. It is really half a song, reliant on a single refrain throughout so by 2 minutes it could end. There is no development which is its huge flaw. This will do well to end up top 10. It has a veneer of cool pop courtesy of a single line of verse repeated verbatim but beyond that it offers nothing.

Ezio

Veteran
My Guy is so cheesy and outdated. This is what 1987 sounded like in the era of heteronormative music charts.

Why would "we" get caught up in the mediocrity of the sound of the past, when there is chance to blaze the trail into the future?

mauve

Veteran
Cosmic Bride is an example of music where I don't know if to like it or not. Somehow it's beautiful, but also exhausting to hear. :unsure: Let's see what she has to offer tonight.

Top Bottom