Contact us

NSC 183 RESULTS || Winner revealed!

ferret

Congratulations ::kad on its victory and Oualid on its Birthday! :cool:
Thank you all for voting for 🇳🇴 🇮🇹 🇸🇲 ::nbs - 11 place is a great result, considering that we are a reju-qualifier (the last time was 2 years ago). Points from some nations were pleasantly shocking, just as their absence from other nations was unpleasantly upsetting :oops:
In the next edition, we will try to combine the pot-5 style with aboriginal dancing around an elephant... If we can send it first, of course!
Thank you @theditz83 for outstanding hosting! xup

Serena

16th place overall, I'm happy with this! Big thanks to the REJU who brought me to the final xheart! Has that happened recently for a nation ranked last in the regular vote?

Also congrats to Kadis and thanks to Ditz for the show!!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Great winner, congrats Kadis! And happy B-day ofc! :cool:

Big thanks to everyone who voted for our song! The result is kinda expected tbh :mrgreen:

xheart

:12: ::nbs ::ora
:8: ::cal ::jem
:7: ::taa ::yap
:6: ::svo ::zch ::com
:4: ::kal
:3: ::sak
:2: ::ins ::bif
:1: ::sun ::nal ::acl ::slf ::luz ::ufe :lol:

From the WL:
xheart
8 Reym-L-Dneurb, Tcher-Racoi
5 Utopolis
3 Tybalteva, Cefiya
1 Sjómaður

Aaand huge respect to @theditz83 ! This was an amazing edition: loved the keys concept, the banners and everything!
(what else did you expect to hear from a nation with keys in its flag?) :LOL:

theditz83

Veteran
As a little side-note - and I know that a lot of people like myself will tend to see PQ spots as an opportunity to give riskier songs an opportunity in the contest - but just seeing the results of the PQ entries this edition (21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th) I do wonder whether we'd be better having the option of foregoing our automatic qualification spot in the final if we choose. This might already be an option, I haven't checked the rules for it, but I think there's a valid argument that songs that only perform in the final can sometimes have a disadvantage as ones that have been in the semi finals despite the PQ songs also featuring in the semi shows.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
As a little side-note - and I know that a lot of people like myself will tend to see PQ spots as an opportunity to give riskier songs an opportunity in the contest - but just seeing the results of the PQ entries this edition (21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th) I do wonder whether we'd be better having the option of foregoing our automatic qualification spot in the final if we choose. This might already be an option, I haven't checked the rules for it, but I think there's a valid argument that songs that only perform in the final can sometimes have a disadvantage as ones that have been in the semi finals despite the PQ songs also featuring in the semi shows.

It's not in the rules as an option, but it's a reasonable suggestion. A couple of counterpoints come to mind, however:

1. If someone forgoes their PQ spot, does that spot go to the next highest placed nation? And then can that nation decline? If it's agreed that PQed nations are at a disadvantage, then it's not inconceivable that 10 people could decline their PQ spot, resulting in the absurd situation where the 16th placed nation ends up PQing. And what if everyone in the final declines? (Or even 23/28 people?)

2. Maybe it's a good thing that PQ nations are at a small disadvantage in the final. It creates some balance in NSC that makes it harder for the same nations to keep winning over and over, while also giving some prestige to those nations.

theditz83

Veteran
It's not in the rules as an option, but it's a reasonable suggestion. A couple of counterpoints come to mind, however:

1. If someone forgoes their PQ spot, does that spot go to the next highest placed nation? And then can that nation decline? If it's agreed that PQed nations are at a disadvantage, then it's not inconceivable that 10 people could decline their PQ spot, resulting in the absurd situation where the 16th placed nation ends up PQing. And what if everyone in the final declines? (Or even 23/28 people?)

2. Maybe it's a good thing that PQ nations are at a small disadvantage in the final. It creates some balance in NSC that makes it harder for the same nations to keep winning over and over, while also giving some prestige to those nations.

My opinion on the PQs being a bit of a disadvantage wouldn't lead to a suggestion that the next highest nation would get the PQ automatically if one of the Top 6 declines the spot as that would just essentially be passing the disadvantage on to someone else. Also, while I do appreciate the idea of creating a balance in the contest by giving other nations the opportunity, it can still often feel like a bit of a poisoned chalice rather than a reward.

I wouldn't have another solution for this - it was merely an observation that the PQ nations had all ended at the bottom of the scoreboard this edition and perhaps having the option to forego automatic qualification and compete in the semis might be preferable for some. For others that value those PQ spots, then they can of course retain them.

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
I don't think that being a PQ really influences the result. At least that much to make us reconsider the rules. :unsure:

Well, PQ songs can get less attention sometimes, but theoretically any entry may get little attention from someone, for many different reasons.
Yeah, this edition all the PQs ended up in the bottom. It can happen, but in general (as far as I remember) almost every edition has at least one PQ entry that did well.

Jemmuise even won 2 times in a row not so long ago.
I was 10th and 15th with (in my opinion xD) the strongest of my PQ entries. :mrgreen:

Of course I can't read other people's minds, but I really believe that very often PQ nations pick riskier entries, that they really want to share, but don't think they can make it to the finals (like I did this edition). And that can be the reason for poor results.

So, to sum it up, I think the result depends mainly on a song itself, and if the song is competitive, PQ can't prevent it from doing well (am I telling the obvious things?) 😆

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
My opinion on the PQs being a bit of a disadvantage wouldn't lead to a suggestion that the next highest nation would get the PQ automatically if one of the Top 6 declines the spot as that would just essentially be passing the disadvantage on to someone else.

So would there be 27 nations (or fewer) in the final? Or an extra qualifier from the semis?

I wouldn't have another solution for this - it was merely an observation that the PQ nations had all ended at the bottom of the scoreboard this edition and perhaps having the option to forego automatic qualification and compete in the semis might be preferable for some. For others that value those PQ spots, then they can of course retain them.

That's fine, I think it's a good suggestion, I'm just trying to anticipate any potential problems it could cause.

MARCOMEN

WOW!! Thank you so much to everyone who voted for ::kad : xlove

:12: ::hyp ::adb ::per ::big ::god ::nur ::che ::luz WL xheart
:10: ::ems ::rah ::acl
:8: ::moi ::kim ::riy ::ora ::bif
:6: ::hal ::fer
:5: ::doi ::slf
:4: ::sol ::kam
:3: :ar:v ::qdq ::tuz
:2: ::taa :il:b
:1: ::tan ::sak ::ugl ::ous

:12: Tybalteva, Tcher-Racoi xheart
:10: Effiland, Lukeland, Dalisska
:8: Tamausia & Deltannor
:7: Griffin Empire, Neajlovia, Illumia
:2: Utopolis, Cefiya

I'm so overjoyed to see this support for the great song from the amazing Aly & AJ xlove. This amazing result on my birthday has made my 2nd NSC win even more amazing and special.

Thank you so much Gary for the fabulous hosting and this wonderful edition in Rennes Johan City and Moisantia. xlove

I have more spare time next month. See you next edition in Kadis. xcheer

I'll post the confirmation thread tomorrow but you can start sending your entries :)

Last edited:

Fearnavigatr

Well, I've always said that any result in the final is a good result, and I'll stick to that. After all, it's my first ever final last place that wasn't from a PQ, that's memorable in itself!

Really, qualifying from the semi with this old song, a huge nostalgia trip and probably one of my personal top 10 favorite songs of all time, means more than I can describe! Thanks a ton for all the support for Killer Klowns, 72 points is nothing to scoff at either! xheartxheartxheart

dogmeat

Congrats ::kad
I won't lie, I was lowkey hoping for a pq spot, but 8th place is really great. Thank you all, esp. ::sak for :12:! I've had this song on my list for years, I'm glad I finally sent it.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Thank you so much to:
:12: ::moi ::tan (sorry again Ana)
:10: Utopolis ÜÜCS
:8: ::ems :il:b ::tuz
:7: :ar:v ::ros ::sak Effiland Tybalteva
:6: ::ari ::ugl
:5: ::bif ::kam ::qdq Belvist Illumia Szimbaya Kingdom Tcher-Racoi
:4: ::riy ::svo ::zch Arkodrë
:3: ::cyd ::hal ::noi ::rum
:2: ::adb ::che ::sol
:1: ::aim ::mat ::nur
xheart
Just a follow-up on this. I was visiting my parents last week, and didn't have access to my stats, and there are some nations that deserves a special mention:
::mat and ::nur both gave me their first point, :il:b ::moi and ::qdq all joined the 100 points club (3 in the same edition must be a record :eek:), and ::ugl entered the top 3. :D

Thanks again xheart

Rmetr0

I've noticed a little mistake in the scoreboards
My 8 points in Semi 1 REJU voting went to Calypso, not NBS
Not significant at all, but just to be fair 😉

Congrats, ::kad btw :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I agree with @Veronika. People like risking when they PQ. But there have been great results with PQ entries. :D Personally I think most members don't care that much about the results when they have just got a PQing spot. Others do, or sometimes all do, it all depends. If the song is great and for my taste, it isn't in disadvantage at all. And from what I see the way others vote, the songs aren't in disadvantage if they fit in their' taste. There is an obvious pattern though. But probably because people take risky steps in the edition they PQ, the songs that have been chosen are more likely to please especific voters while most of the songs that have qualified from the semis have proven to please a wider range of voters. IMO PQ is always great and if some people love what you've picked, that is the most important thing.

Top Bottom