mGSPbjG.png

Send your entry via PM to Orient Matsuri in the following form:

Artist - Song:
Video link:

Back up entry: (optional)

DEADLINE
1ST JUNE
18:00 CET

Please make sure to read the rules before sending your entry.

CONFIRMED ENTRIES 32/32

🇹🇲 🇰🇭 🇵🇭 🇾🇪 🇱🇧 🇲🇳 🇰🇿 🇯🇵 🇦🇲 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇰🇷 🇻🇳 🇷🇺 🇺🇿 🇮🇳
🇲🇦 🇨🇳 🇫🇯 🇹🇷 🇦🇫 🇧🇹 🇮🇷 🇸🇬 🇮🇱 🇰🇬 🇭🇰 🇦🇿 🇹🇼 🇧🇩 🇬🇪 🇹🇭

Last edited:

Romeo

Just applied to join. Not sure whether I send a song or wait... But TANZANIA is ready!!!

Amir

Veteran
My first entry was refused for not being Lebanese enough.
First I felt like pooping through the screen, but now I have to say I actually like the idea behind it.
The whole thing gets more challenging and fun and I'm sure we will get way more diverse songs this way!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What does "not being Lebanese enough" mean? singer doesn't live there? too many foreign features or something?

Amir

Veteran
What does "not being Lebanese enough" mean? singer doesn't live there? too many foreign features or something?

I might as well just tell it here, so others can take my case as an orientation for their entries:
I wanted to send Massari, he was born in Lebanon but moved to Canada at the age of 12 or sth
and the song I wanted to submit was in English and had a non-Lebanese featured artist.
Also he seems to have success mainly in North America (don't know how famous he actually is in Lebanon)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I might as well just tell it here, so others can take my case as an orientation for their entries:
I wanted to send Massari, he was born in Lebanon but moved to Canada at the age of 12 or sth
and the song I wanted to submit was in English and had a non-Lebanese featured artist

Ok, I just generally wondered what the limitation was.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I support the idea of having artists/songs only with strong connection with broadcasting area countries. If we have artists who just born in Orient country and emigrated to USA Europe etc. (We have a lot of successful and not much artists from there) and has clearly European songs, this contest would be just same as all others just with other labels as countries

DenizESC

Banned
and the song I wanted to submit was in English and had a non-Lebanese featured artist.
Also he seems to have success mainly in North America (don't know how famous he actually is in Lebanon)
I was going to post something but this is a perfect explanation.

I can add this:

In case you're not sure about an entry or you think a specific case has more ties to the country (let's say a cover or it's in its language) then you guys can ofc always send your entry to be sure with a back-up entry. I mean I know in other contests no one does but here you might have more reason to. In this case the votes were 3-1 against the entry.

If the artist has any ties with countries inside the OBA region btw, let's say those Lebanese artists lived in China we would be less strict about it either way.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I was going to post something but this is a perfect explanation.

I can add this:

In case you're not sure about an entry or you think a specific case has more ties to the country (let's say a cover or it's in its language) then you guys can ofc always send your entry to be sure with a back-up entry. I mean I know in other contests no one does but here you might have more reason to. In this case the votes were 3-1 against the entry.

If the artist has any ties with countries inside the OBA region btw, let's say those Lebanese artists lived in China we would be less strict about it either way.

That makes sense, I wasn't planning on any import per se but did wonder where the barrier for it lays. I think it's good to clarify it.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Sending the music of Western capitalist pigs
Desgusteng

Afghanistan could never xqueenbitch

Thanks for clearing this particular aspect of the contest out. I'm sure it will be helpful especially for the middle eastern and North African countries, where its harder to pinpoint things

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
And as the artist was mentioned, Massari isn't 100% ineligible per se. When I had Lebanon in WV, I searched for his music and I'm aware he has a good amount of feats (or is featured in there). if in one of these songs he is featured with someone from lebanon whose career was most done within the broadcasting area, i'd have no problem at all.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This all needs to be added to the rules then as at the moment they just state:

The entrant is eligible when they are (partially) from that country or live(d) there and have gained the majority of their success in the broadcasting area.

I see why you want this rule, as it in theory should stop someone who has spent five minutes in their birth country before moving from being sent with Western produced music. At the same time though it could also stop artists who for instance (in the case of someone I eventually plan to send) got exiled from their country and makes ethnic music inspired by their original homeland today in America.

Last edited:

hawadharma

It is Lesbanon land of hits !! How could you ?? :ROFLMAO:

#imperialistscum

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
At the same time though it could also stop artists who for instance (in the case of someone I eventually plan to send) got exiled from their country and make ethnic music inspired by their original homeland, today in America.
I support this because I have an eligibility problem : I have two duos/groups who are of Mongolian ethnicity, do Mongolian music but weren't born and don't live there. For the record, the duo is from the Buryat region in Russia and the band is from the Inner Mongolia region and Beijing in China.
In that case, do we consider them as (partially) from the country even if they weren't born there ?

DenizESC

Banned
I support this because I have an eligibility problem : I have two duos/groups who are of Mongolian ethnicity, do Mongolian music but weren't born and don't live there. For the record, the duo is from the Buryat region in Russia and the band is from the Inner Mongolia region and Beijing in China.
In that case, do we consider them as (partially) from the country even if they weren't born there ?

China, Russia are both inside the OBA so for your entry it wouldn't affect the eligibility at all. Rules inside the broadcasting area are relaxed.

ferret

What about our entry? Is it confirmed? Two days passed... xthink I see 5 flags only.

Uto

Veteran
What about our entry? Is it confirmed? Two days passed... xthink I see 5 flags only.
There's some lag. I've sent mine eons ago and it's not up there either.

Top Bottom