Contact us

֍ WV BERGAMO 123 ֍ GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonne147

So one more edition has come to an end, and fortunately I was able to make it to the final show this time - I can say I have reached my goal

This was my back-up entry - it was a random choice... This was not the entry I was planning to send, my main entry was a instrumental violin cover of a WV92 entry so for that reason not eligible anymore.

:al: Elvana Gjata - A m'don
18th // 84 pts

:12: :wale: xheat
:10: :lond: :dk:
:8: :seou:
:7: :susa: :tr:
:6: :fr:
:5: :west:
:4: :kr:
:3: :se: :hu:
:2: :cali: :it: :ba: :il:
:1: :be:

Can't wait to see what @RainyWoods and @AshleyWright have in store for us xheat

Congrats :us: for the victory, stunning melody and super deserved winner - got my :3: at the end. My :12: was very clear when I have realized that "Kings & Queens" was in, great track and a very special entry for me - I got my first win in a forum contest with that song. So happy it got another fantastic result in another contest, no matter if it's 2nd or 1st - it was a great placement for sure xyes

Congrats :lond: for the 3rd place and :kr: and :wale: for your personal achievements.

And nice idea @Krishoes, the announcement of NQ votes was fun and amazing job as an host xclap
See you in WV124 xwave

P.S. :al: is doing a NF for WV124

Milos-BC

Congratulations on the victory :us: , well deserved. I actually like this cover better than the original and regardless of what happened, you are a rightful winner. Also glad to see Western USA and :hu: doing so well too :D

Thank you for an amazing show Kris, you were a great host.

See you in the next edition :D

theditz83

Veteran
Me too! I got my jam ready!!! :wale: :wale: :wale:

Cheeky hint... My artist has a voice of an angel

Tricky clue right there - I have no idea who you could be sending... xthink

And if it's a jam, and it's the one I'm thinking of, take my points already xheat

Checking out the full results, 9th in the semi is closer than I would've liked, but that Semi 2 reju win - taste from the reju for sure! xlove

Thanks to all of the countries that votes for :be: in the final:

:12: :kr: :cali:
:10: :es: :it: :il:
:8: :dk: :de:
:7: :wale:
:6: :en: :lond:
:5: :sc:
:4: xshrug
:3: :pl:
:2: :west: :au: :susa:
:1: :ba:

For WV 124 we'll be selecting internally before having another single artist showcase NF with qualifying round just like this edition. ;)

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Thank you again. A super crazy result. I still remember hearing Eva singing this years ago for the first time. I must have been really young, 8 or 9-ish. My mum had Eva's posthumous album, Songbird. I was in the hallway sitting on the stairs as she was playing it in the living room. Weird how memories like that can stick. Those Ooooos have haunted me for years. The way Eva used her voice was something special. Pristine and yet it could cut right through you. I'm happy I got to show you her music.

One day back in the 90s when Stings album Mercury Falling was still doing well in the charts my parents listened to Ten Summoners Tales quite a lot as well (which features the original Fields of Gold). They shared their passion for Stings music with my uncle. My nieces and my aunt (of said uncle) were visiting us at our house when my aunt went back home a slight bit earlier than my nieces to start making dinner (they lived like 10 minutes away). Then some short while after she left we heard my mother utter this primordial cry that would give anyone reason te believe something happened that never should have. My uncle was 40 I think... Fields of Gold was played at his funeral, as was Fragile. You say the song haunts you, I don’t have words to do it justice. It just breaks me. Cover then for me is like an oddly bearable version because it doesn’t quite give the same feeling.

ZoboCamel

Congrats to Kai!! Leaving aside the database error (which as everyone else has said, was out of your hands - I don't think we can all be expected to type our entry name in five different ways in case each word has a typo), you sent a fantastic song with a deserved, convincing win. I'm looking forward to the hot double-hosting too xheat

Votes from :jp::

:12: :is:
:10: :us:
:8: :pl:
:7: :au:
:6: :seou:
:5: :wale:
:4: :lond:
:3: :cali:
:2: :hu:
:1: :it:

So yes, I was part of the pop-killing Mikaela Minga group :lol: Except for Poland, that was robbed.

ZoboCamel

Also, perhaps this isn't the right thread to bring it up, but would it maybe be worth considering a rule change where covers of previously entered songs can be sent after some long number of editions (50, 70, whatever)?

After all, some 50-something players went through this entire edition without noticing that a version of Fields of Gold had been sent before - so I don't think it got an unfair advantage or anything - and the playerbase clearly appreciated it being here. It feels to me like the "no covers of previous entries" rule made perfect sense when WV was younger, i.e. when most of the playerbase had been around since the start and covers of those earlier entries would've been unfairly advantaged... but 123 editions in, I'm not sure there'd be anything unfair about sending a cover of a song from, say, WV14 or something, as there'd only be maybe 4-5 of the same players still around, they wouldn't have heard it for seven years and the cover may well sound very different anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a major issue - if people don't agree with me I'm happy to just carry on as always under the usual rules - but I figured I'd suggest it as a way of potentially getting in some strong new entries that wouldn't have otherwise been available :)

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh my, what an eventful results show! Congrats :us: & Rainy, a super great winner imo and with this occasion I have to give you my apologies for not checking the entry more thoroughly (in my defence, nothing came up when I searched even Sting but anyway, i shall sue the database). I feel like this version of "Fields of Gold" is so much more intimate and delicate and it very much stands on its own and brings something new to the table. Thank you for sending it, it has been a lovely discovery for, I believe, a lot of us. xheart

Congrats to my 12, :west: as well for getting to 2nd place with such a bop and to London for getting the best Two Steps From Hell result since WV51 (although I admit i don't understand how this song is stronger than the ones we previously had, I guess WV has a much bigger appetite for epic scores these days? or it's the owls lol).

And, of course, thank you for 15th place and 94 points! Not gonna lie, I was expecting to do a tiny bit better, but since this was such a hellish edition competition-wise, I guess it's fine. Getting points from people I never expected feels like a big plus too! (tho i got blanked by some pop lovers so...it balances out).

:12: :lond: :hu: :uk: xheart
:10: :us: xheart
:7:::se: xheart
:6: :al: :is: :dk: xheart
:5: :ch: :it: xheart
:3: :kr: :no: :de: xheart
:2: :seou: xheart
:1: :pl: :au: xheart

Sorry for missing the live results, Kris, I feel asleep way too early last night because of my sleeping schedule, which is again on some Asian timezone or something lmao. Grazie mille for this tasty and entertaining edition in Bergamo! xrose

ferret

Thanks for :12: points the only ones for Empara Mi in the semifinals.
Thanks @Krishoes for hosting. It was beautiful and... delicious! The only thing that improved my impression of this edition...

Mainshow

Veteran
@RainyWoods Congrats to your amazing win!

The results were indeed exciting - especially the part in which the non-qualifiers' total points got announced! What a ride!

Here are my (last) votes from ::mlpl:

12 Ukraine
10 England
8 North Rhine-Westphalia
7 Spain
6 Iceland
5 Latvia
4 London
3 South Korea
2 Italy
1 Poland

Status