7 3.7%

6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Swedenvision

"Since wiwibloggs is reporting on eurovision, i would like to learn whether its true the rumor that a certain country pushed the cancellation of the event because they have a huge problem with coronavirus cause they didnt take any measures when it was the right moment. Hint: this country didnt cancel its national final in a stadium."

read this
hmhmhmhmhm

I'm sorry but that comment is just pathetic!

alca

Why are people so sure that The Mamas will win next year as well?
Man this sucks! Last time my favorite won Melodifestivalen was in 2012! And I really liked most of the songs Sweden sent between 2013 and 2019 but my favorite never won all these years. And here we are in 2020, my favorite wins and Eurovision is cancelled. :cry:

Ezio

Veteran
Actually, I found it quite irritating that Sweden hosted the Melfest Final right at the brink of the pandemic.

Dessi

[Deleted

Dessi

Actually, I found it quite irritating that Sweden hosted the Melfest Final right at the brink of the pandemic.

Well, no surprise there... xbeach You find almost everything irritating. xrofl :lol: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dessi

Deleted

Ezio

Veteran
Thank you for personally adressing me @Dessi. I am humbled by your attention.

Romeo

Out of all the (would have been) contestants in the 2020 contest. The Mamas are the ones I feel most sorry for.

Here's why:

Melodifestivalen is NEVER not going to happen. So unless The Mamas enter in 2021 and win - they won't get to ESC 2021. Pretty much all countries could keep the same act. But Melodifestivalen will never be put on hold for a year so The likelihood of the Mamas making it to Eurovision as the main act will not happen. Even countries like Norway and Denmark could opt to use the same acts despite the fact that their NFs are popular.

2021 will have many many acts who should have participated in 2020 take part in 2021. But Sweden will use MF so unless The Mamas win MF 2021 they could be the only act not to make it to 2021 that should have been in 2020

mauve

Veteran
Even though I really didn't like the song at all (2 pts), I still feel very sorry for The Mamas. I still have a glimmer of hope that Swden WILL send the act. That's my optimistic side speaking. They have a right to perform and it would be terrible if their dream is stolen away.

Kitakaze

I don’t think anyone would complain at this stage if they announced the Mamas as the representatives for 2021 and just held Melodifestivalen next year as usual. Though considering the artists don’t appear able to keep their songs, I suppose it’s better to have a winning song that’s been through a public selection than one that hasn’t.

0scar

I feel very sorry for The Mamas if they aren't going to Eurovision 2021, that sucks and is undeserved

But I couldn't help thinking that at least they went to Eurovision 2019 as well so it's slightly less horrible than if any other artist won Melodifestivalen 2020 and weren't able to go (except returning victors and Victor lol)

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
In Sweden I kinda understand they are not cancelling Melodifestivalen. It's literally a money machine and many artists use it for exposure. Besides, it has international exposure so SVT would never cancel it. But Bjorkman... dude c'mon! At least be decent and invite The Mamas to be directly on 2021 final. I don't think it's that hard to open an exception considering this time.

Realest

If the Mamas went to ESC21, then the next Years Winner would be the unlucky One. Someone has to have Bad Luck. Its the only right Decision to not let the Mamas go to Eurovision and choose next Years MF-Winner instead. Like in all Countries where the NF has a Tradition.

Kitakaze

If the Mamas went to ESC21, then the next Years Winner would be the unlucky One. Someone has to have Bad Luck. Its the only right Decision to not let the Mamas go to Eurovision and choose next Years MF-Winner instead. Like in all Countries where the NF has a Tradition.

Except that if the announcement came now that the Mamas will represent Sweden next year, artists would still have a choice whether or not to participate in Melodifestivalen knowing they wouldn’t be going to Eurovision.

Swedenvision

I think the best solution would be to invite The Mamas to MF 2021 with a new (even better) song.

They should also have a direct spot in the final and could perform the song during the first semi just to "show it" for the viewers, the song would then officially be realesed after the fourth semi with rest of the finalists.

Other than that the competion could continue as usual, so in the end the only difference would be we have 13 songs in the final.

Also don't think you could rule out The Mamas win again, they have the support from the viewers and even more because of this situation.

empo21

Veteran
I think it's pretty much a given that The Mamas will be invited to Mello'21 and as long as they want to compete, they'll compete.

Their chances of winning Mello next year are huge.

reginanoctis

Several MF artists took part in a small concert that was streamed live from Lina Hedlund's living room (!) earlier today, in what they call "Karantänsessions" (Quarantine Sessions). Lina Hedlund, her partner Nassim Al Fakir, Hanna Hedlund, Martin Stenmarck, Frida Öhrn, Anis Don Demina, Dotter, Robin Bengtsson and Oscar Zia. There will be more of these apparently, as a way to brighten people's lives a little now. :)

Top Bottom