15 12.4%

13 10.7%

22 18.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Estonia-scaled.jpg

wtf

I'm actually IMPRESSED by how well Anett x Fredi did in televoting. o_O Definitely didn't expect them to beat Traffic.

wtf

Also watch Tommy Cash take part now that Little Big is doing it. We're always 1 step behind.

laululind

:unsure: Would our televoters ever pick Tommy to represent us? I feel he'd be way too weird and freaky for the older & conservative voters, who seem to be a large part of the audience. Would be cool to see him take part regardless, but I wouldn't hold out much hope about his winning chances if he did. :LOL: We'd probably pick another safe Stig song instead.

Alaska49

I'd say Kerli still had the bigger flop. :unsure: Simply because she's a 'celebrity', one of our biggest music names, whereas Jaagup is a total newcomer. Considering the type of song he had & his lack of previous fame, he did about as well as he could have I guess.
but also she lost to an incredible sven lohmus composition performed by two big names, one of them having just been the runner-up in the previous eesti laul, while jaagup lost to a kontopoulos hand-me-down he didn't deem worthy of his production credit or to be given to natalia gordienko. he thought this song was worse than PRISAAAAAN. this is what estonia thought was better than jaagup.

jaagup is definitely the biggest embarrassment by a NF favourite in a long, long time lol. i start laughing just thinking about it actually.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran

Goooosh they were pitch perfect in the final! xcry

Mrm

Veteran
So curious to see if Estonia will stay my last of 2020, I really hope not.. xcry xcry xcry i don't want that to happen.. :(

Daybreak

By the way, several Estonians including an "Eurovision expert" have already called it a typical Eurovision song (in a positive sense) or a good fit to the contest - in other words, pretty much the same approach that BBC and the like often have. Also apparently they haven't really watched Eurovision in ten years or so.

martin

Think this will do quite well. Uku is handsome and the song will stand out. Is a good powerballad and Estonia have many friends in semifinal 2.

This will probably ending up top 6 in semifinal (aleast in the televoting) and top 15 in final.

Iker

Veteran
By the way, several Estonians including an "Eurovision expert" have already called it a typical Eurovision song (in a positive sense) or a good fit to the contest - in other words, pretty much the same approach that BBC and the like often have. Also apparently they haven't really watched Eurovision in ten years or so.

I'd support Uku if only it was his song ... from last year as 'Pretty Little Liar' was cool, this one is nauseating and very bland.

Biscuit02

1point for partcipating, otherwise this is just :sick:, come on Estonia Jaagup was right there, well I guess it is really true that there is a curse where Estonia sends great songs everey 3 years 2009,2012,2015,2018
Well can't wait for 2021 in that case, as for 2020 I see no redeeming qualities whatsover this is just a cheese dated ballad,
Storm last year was much better.

wtf

Think this will do quite well. Uku is handsome and the song will stand out. Is a good powerballad and Estonia have many friends in semifinal 2.

This will probably ending up top 6 in semifinal (aleast in the televoting) and top 15 in final.

Not sure about top 6 but can definitely qualify. Every reaction video so far, even if not overly positive, points out his good vocals and great looks, especially his eyes. It catches people's attention right away. The chorus is melodic and more instant than other ballads in this semi. The juries won't bomb it like they did with Verona because he serves vocals. Borderline qualifying is very likely. Never underestimate the grandmas who don't post on Twitter but still pick up their phones and vote.

Daybreak

Not sure about top 6 but can definitely qualify. Every reaction video so far, even if not overly positive, points out his good vocals and great looks, especially his eyes. It catches people's attention right away. The chorus is melodic and more instant than other ballads in this semi. The juries won't bomb it like they did with Verona because he serves vocals. Borderline qualifying is very likely. Never underestimate the grandmas who don't post on Twitter but still pick up their phones and vote.

See, that's my problem though. The Estonian music industry is way too good, especially for our size, for us to be lucky if we barely scrape through the semifinal every year. There have been already too many of those contests where just making it into the final, and then finishing at a 20th+ place, is considered a success.

njdevils94

Veteran
See, that's my problem though. The Estonian music industry is way too good, especially for our size, for us to be lucky if we barely scrape through the semifinal every year. There have been already too many of those contests where just making it into the final, and then finishing at a 20th+ place, is considered a success.

This year for you guys is a write-off though tbh. Need to focus now on making Eesti Laul 2021 stronger.

Daybreak

I mean, in a way it was better than Uku won. Had Jaagup won and actually gotten a decent result, Rahula & most Estonians might've thought that we're on the right track, no need to change anything.

Anyway, next year is also the 20th anniversary of our victory, so I imagine they do something special for that.

Uto

Veteran
I don't see how Eesti Laul can be repaired when it's obvious that the televoters are daft.

Zonne147

Semi2:

Semi1:

Final:

Mariliis so close in the first voting round :cry:

Ukus professional Juryvote from last Year:

01 :ru:
02 :mk:
03 :se:
04 :nl:
05 :rs:
06 :uk:
07 :sl:
08 :de:
09 :az:
10 :cz:
11 :al:
12 :it:
13 :cy:
14 :ch:
15 :gr:
16 :fr:
17 :no:
18 :by:
19 :au:
20 :il:
21 :dk:
22 :is:
23 :mt:
24 :es:
25 :sm:

This proves how dated/cheesy is his taste :ROFLMAO:... see where :uk: and :de: are
I have been one of the people I have posted the most here this year, and you have no idea how much I am disappointed to see "What Love Is" winning - cheesy and dated winner - it's very close to my bottom 5 atm, and I see it getting there.
I'm sad I'm not supporting Estonia after 5 following years I liked very much :ee: entries...
Estonian people... how did you allow that?

Alaska49

We could just lower the importance of the televote which is way too exaggerated now.
eesti laul could deeefinitely go a year without the superfinal just as a test. or at least go back to a 2-entry superfinal.

Top Bottom