3 2.1%

12 8.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Romania-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
My God…this composition is brilliant…Romania is finally very high for me, have to decide which place… I’m satisfied with vocals too…but this styling has to GO!! :eek: this is inappropriate for this song.. :( The face visuals and make up are good though.. xup

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Gooosh, I have just checked styling for other performances and is this for real...they all look like form Chinese flea market.. xfaint

AleksTheDino

Yeah she sabotaged Cherry Red but I expected it. At least it’s not any of the other 3 options available.

And thank GOD we are finally contenders for qualification again. I missed this feeling.
Do you mean..contender for qualification to host eurovision next year? Because if you mean qualifying for the final, this should be ensured I'd say :p

AleksTheDino

My God…this composition is brilliant…Romania is finally very high for me, have to decide which place… I’m satisfied with vocals too…but this styling has to GO!! :eek: this is inappropriate for this song.. :( The face visuals and make up are good though.. xup
I was very irritated by her dress...especially her chest, for a moment I thought she forgot a part of her dress before going on stage. But Im sure they'll work on this as well as on the staging, and make this magical...if they manage to create something magical, this will stand out in the sea of ballads

Mrm

Veteran
I was very irritated by her dress...especially her chest, for a moment I thought she forgot a part of her dress before going on stage. But Im sure they'll work on this as well as on the staging, and make this magical...if they manage to create something magical, this will stand out in the sea of ballads
She needs more modern dress, or not even dress, doesn't need to be the dress..with these Billy Eilish vibes and these vocals it must be different..this even looked cheap. :( But I'm sure they will style her different for ESC...

Loindici

Veteran
Rising ink is because she went to sleep with her make-up on and had been crying.

Then, in the context of 'the sun is rising ink' it's kind of a forced try to connect two metaphors together. I don't really like it, but I can try to forgive it anyways.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like what she's going for with this song.
-I guess the vocals match up with the instrumentals.

THE BAD:
-The lyrics are a head-scratcher, especially in the beginning.
-I'm not a fan of sad songs in general.

THE VERDICT:
Well, we have our own Billie Eilish now in Roxen. This song is a ballad, but it's done differently, so it gets points for that, at least. It also gets points for the clever wordplay in the chorus. Where it loses me is that it's a sad song, which I'm not big on for Eurovision. It also gets a bit too confusing in parts of the lyrics. 7 points

heke1988

Vau-effect is missing, but this has potential. 8 points.

crashworld

Veteran
OK, so her favourite won. How surprising is that. It seems like that "Cherry Red" is not that type of song she is comfortable in. Who decided to stage that performance is all out to sabotage its chances. She is just not that great 'live' to be honest. She is very inconsistent. But I do admit she sounded her best in "Alcohol You". Plus, she doesn't have any stage presence. I am still surprised she is still so high up in the odds. I got a feeling she may just borderline qualify.

I am giving this a 6 giving "Alcohol You" is actually my 2nd least favourite out of the 5 songs.

Nemo89

I struggled to find harmony in this song and the interpretation is markedly deep, almost cloying. The song is not bad. Probably I listened to the live version that didn't arouse me emotion. The studio version may be higher. I don't know, I don't want to rate it for now. I want to listen to it again and understand if it can enter my "Top 10".

Kitakaze

Easily the most striking entry so far. The song itself doesn’t do much for me but I can see the merit and potential. She lost a lot of credibility by not committing 100% to all her performances though.

hunty73

Yes she needs styling right and a real stage director involved.Pretty obvious she shouldnt be moving at all on this song.Maybe just sat on a messy bed,keeps looking at her phone,LEDs surrounding and under her in black like she is being swallowed,and a simple swirling camera.
This has a real shot at being an ESC winner unless Bulgaria bring it as they have a superb artist as well,and maybe one or two dark horses.Cant see Lith,Italy or Iceland having much chance.

Uto

Veteran
Yes she needs styling right and a real stage director involved.Pretty obvious she shouldnt be moving at all on this song.Maybe just sat on a messy bed,keeps looking at her phone,LEDs surrounding and under her in black like she is being swallowed,and a simple swirling camera.
This has a real shot at being an ESC winner unless Bulgaria bring it as they have a superb artist as well,and maybe one or two dark horses.Cant see Lith,Italy or Iceland having much chance.
Don’t like the bed. Beds are safe. She has to be outside and vulnerable. Dress slightly torn, make-up a total mess. Ignore the stage and the audience, make it dark, close and intimate so you can do little changes to maximum effect. Have her staring into infinity a lot, not the camera so much. Isolate her as much as you can.

Perhaps nice idea to have her fall to the ground at the ‘bottom of my...’ part, camera straight above her, and then have a graphic on the floor of a blurry dark red heart expanding outward at the point we expect her to sing ‘heart’. In the space left she sees the blurry face of her loved one and sings to her/him the first line of the chorus.

Nemo89

This ESC winning song?! xshock1:Sorry but I don't understand ... all this year you agreed that you wanted as a winner a sound that wasn't like "Arcade" and now you want it? xthink Where the messages "Enough with the ballads!" xangry, "The old ballads suck!" xangry, "Yes! We all dance - On Fire -!" xdancexyaay? Paradoxical! :lol: I expect negative comments from BorisBubble and his heart friends. Where are you?! Come here to say that Romania has a ballad and it doesn't have to win and maybe add some statistics from 1956 to 2019! xmadFor me, I don't want to talk about Italy, for now Belgium must win with its delicate sound xrose or Germany with its best catchy soundxdance2

Last edited:

PinchyCrabstina

OK I'm not as enthusiastic as the rest of you. After seeing the clips I had hopes that Romania would deliver a killer staging but I was underwhelmed by what I saw last night. I hope that they'll make changes for May, more tight camera angles, more music video feel. Something unconventional to make this stand out from the other ballads. Roxen also needs to work on her stage presence.

I've been wrong many times in my predictions but I can't help but to worry for Romania.

ESCREGION

What a sabotage for Cherry Red. It's clearly they prefered Alcohol You which was my 4th favourite
Not my cup of tea :4:

Top Bottom