Contact us

Who will win?

No Name

The headline speaks for itself. There will be 38 losers but only one winner, so where are we going next year?

My guess would be :az: again (not particularly fond of it myself but it seems to be a song that appeals to Mr. and Mrs. Average European)

Schlagerman1

It will be a race between Norway, Russia and Italy...

Winner in the end: :ru: (but I hope Norway)

GRE

Well,the winner will not be a country that recently won (so No Azerbaijan,Russia,Norway,Germany,Sweden).
Also the winner will not be a poor country.
So there is only one answer,
Denmark.

Simon87

Well,the winner will not be a country that recently won (so No Azerbaijan,Russia,Norway,Germany,Sweden).
Denmark.

I agree

Or Netherland ;)

A-lister

Veteran
It will be a race between Norway, Russia and Italy...

Winner in the end: :ru: (but I hope Norway)

If Russia wins I will throw something on the TV... that über cheese soulless dated crap would kill ESC once and for all... let's hope it won't even be a contender...

A-lister

Veteran
Denmark.

Hmm... might be Denmark (a bit ironic though considering Denmark also won the last time Sweden hosted this)...

I wouldn't dismiss Germany though... they might actually win again although I also don't think the winner will be a country that recently won...

Jopi

:dk: or :it:

or maybe even :uk: (it may be like dark horse lol)

Oh,if Russia wins I will break my Tv too :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Oh,if Russia wins I will break my Tv too :lol:

So let's hope there won't be a Russian win then because there will be lots of broken TV's :lol:

I mean I can't even understand it's even being considered a contender? I guess the juries comeback and the fact that they got lots of diaspora helpers really helps out... in a pre- jury comeback year and with a less "fortunate" country I doubt it would have even made it to the finals xshrug

ESC

Okay, now a little conspiracy theory:
These are the mostly called Favourites: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, San Marino, Ukraine, Austria, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Russia, Belarus, Italy, Israel, Georgia and Azerbaijan.
So: No win of a country that recently one: Then we have: Denmark, San Marino, Austria, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belarus, Italy, Israel and Georgia (and IMO San Marino, Austria and Belarus don't have great winning chances)
In 2010 we had 39 countries competing, in 2013 we have 39 countries competing
In 2010 the host country was a nordic one, in 2013 the host country is a nordic one.
So: In 2010 One of the Big 5 One, this time.... Maybe again. So Italy or United Kingdom could be possible winners.

GRE

I agree

Or Netherland ;)
I forgot to say that the 3rd reason of the victory is an entry that will have appeal both televoters & juries.
So,Denmark is so close to the victory.
As for Netherlands,will flop in the semi.

A-lister

Veteran
Quite frankly, the same one could ask about :dk:...

Although not my personal fav I can get why this could be a contender of winning, it's sort of like the female Rybak (but with flute instead of violin).

Russia however? I can't see it other than perhaps juries and diaspora pushing the crap.

A-lister

Veteran
Alot of people say the UK, but I highly doubt it... the juries will help it a bit but the song is rather bland...

CC92

Although not my personal fav I can get why this could be a contender of winning, it's sort of like the female Rybak (but with flute instead of violin).

Russia however? I can't see it other than perhaps juries and diaspora pushing the crap.

I do not see any resemble to Rybak's song?! Denmark is annoying and repetitive. It will probably qualify and end up around 20th place there.
But I agree on what'cha say about Russia although it is so over-the-top that it could be interesting for 'neutrals' also (at least more than Denmark :lol:).

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

No, not really.

I'm really struggling to guess who will win this year. The rehearsals will give us a better picture, but until then I'll say it could be one of these 5.

Denmark
Norway
Germany
Russia
Ukraine

No doubt I'll change my mind on this, but this is what I'm thinking at the moment.

Knubelznarm

I hope for Norway, and I believe in it too. I also think that this victory would push Eurovision in a better direction. On the other hand I thought the same would happen if Loreen won, but we still have loads of crap everywhere.

If "I Feed You My Love" isn't catchy enough for the win, (as I fear it isn't) then Germany will probably win. I can't believe Denmark's song is a contender until I see it qualifying.

Top Bottom