Contact us

Our Sound got canceled forever or no?

Of some reason I should not post this thread because this subforum was not active for a very long time.

However will Our Sound ever arrive for real?

This competition was planned to begin in 2010 but got canceled sadly.

I hopes more information about this competition coming soon as I get excited how great thats will be, but I should not hope to much...

Our Sound will never exists maybe. :(

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
According to wikipedia:

In November 2011, the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union outlined a plan about a "television song festival" based on the style of the Eurovision Song Contest. Kenny Kihyung Bae, chosen to the project manager, planned to attend 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, Azerbaijan to learn more about the contest before putting it to work. The official name for the contest has yet to be decided, however, "Asiavision Song Contest" is still a considerable designation

While it was postponed indefinitely it's not completely dead yet.

handeyener

Noooo!!!!why????. I was soo looking forward to the contest like OTI´s comeback this year as well, but nothing of both of em sadly!!

Salmon

I AM MIEMBRO FANTASMA. OUR SOUND IS CANCELLED. :lol:

roadrunner

I agree with Matt that it's not completely dead yet. However, ABU has something quite similar that's planned for implementation in October: the ABU Radio Song Festival. It's more focused on undiscovered/unsigned musicians. There hasn't been news about it in our country but in other countries, such as Singapore, NFs have started.

Princezaruza

I was excited for it. It's been cancelled many times but still hoping for it. I hope it will happen THIS TIME!

helloimjosh

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here but it's official that Our Sound was canceled. But no worries, ABU has a back-up plan.
In November 2011, the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union outlined a plan about a "television song festival" based on the style of the Eurovision Song Contest. Kenny Kihyung Bae, chosen to the project manager, planned to attend 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, Azerbaijan to learn more about the contest before putting it to work. The official name for the contest has yet to be decided, however, "Asiavision Song Contest" is still a considerable designation
guess what? There's a new program called ABU TV Song Festival
Here's the link: http://abu.org.my/Programme-@-ABU_TV_Song_Festival.aspx
Kenny Bae is also the project manager, coincidence? I think not.

OCTOBER 14, 2012 IN SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

The ABU TV Song Festival will be a celebration of popular music featuring high-profile musical talents. It is not a competition among amateur musical talents. Participating member organisations will be required to provide a solo artist or musical group who enjoy mass appeal in their home country to be featured in the song festival. The programme will showcase as many as 12 international musical acts representing ABU members, and will have a running time of two hours.

Bad news: it is a non-competitive festival :shock::shock:

Top Bottom