12 4.7%

18 7.0%

20 7.8%

10 3.9%

8 3.1%

36 14.0%

• Total voters

GRE

The cypriot jury made a complain to Cybc that they hadnt voted Azerbaijan, not with a single point, thus according to them the 8 points were suspicious. Cybc investicated the matter and found out that the televoting results were enough to give the 8 points to Azerbaijan but, and the but should be highlited, the Azeri song received 3500 sms only and not a single phone call. All the other songs received mixed number of calls and sms's. They believe that a large amount of telecards were bought and distributed to a group of people to cast their votes. I do not know at this point whether Cybc will proceed and make an official complaint or not.

AlekS

Veteran
^ as far as I know only German company has a right to reveal sms/phone calls quantity. Not even local operators can reveal the exact numbers.

rajo

The cypriot jury made a complain to Cybc that they hadnt voted Azerbaijan, not with a single point, thus according to them the 8 points were suspicious. Cybc investicated the matter and found out that the televoting results were enough to give the 8 points to Azerbaijan but, and the but should be highlited, the Azeri song received 3500 sms only and not a single phone call. All the other songs received mixed number of calls and sms's. They believe that a large amount of telecards were bought and distributed to a group of people to cast their votes. I do not know at this point whether Cybc will proceed and make an official complaint or not.

That's fishy. Given the map pointing out where the votes for Azerbaijan came from, there were no significant points given to Azerbaijan from outside the Ex-USSR except for the small mediterranean island of Malta and Cyprus.

I smell voter fraud. Another example why votes for a country should be limited to one.

Celia

It was a great performance, and definitely the best Azerbaijani entry so far, congratulations!

I don't know how you do it, but there are always rumours about Azerbaijan "paying for votes" :S Of course all countries can vote whatever they like best, but some things are just weird (Malta gave 12 points to Azerbaijan and got 10 points from Azerbaijan, no offence but WTF)

Anyway, I think this deserved Top10 xheart

A-lister

Veteran
That's fishy. Given the map pointing out where the votes for Azerbaijan came from, there were no significant points given to Azerbaijan from outside the Ex-USSR except for the small mediterranean island of Malta and Cyprus.

I smell voter fraud. Another example why votes for a country should be limited to one.

I have been saying this for some years now... sorry to Azeris.. but the behavior in ESC have been very fishy from day one.

And EBU ofcourse being hungry for cash doesn't bother.

Farahim

^ if it is true then Europe has corrupted system. All i know all votes were under control of Germany this year.

But it doesn't make any sense, if it was true then why 4 th? let be 1 place forever.. no no no.

CPV4931

[...]
All i know all votes were under control of Germany this year.
[...]
Yes, it´s the german company "Digame", which counts the televotes (don´t know if they can do something against corruption there)

rajo

#1 last year was lucky and random. Lowest score ever for a winner, lots of "nul points", only three 12 points (from Russia, Turkey and - Malta) and the Turkish diaspora embraced that song, since Turkey failed to qualify.

We could have seen a completely different winner, with Turkey in the final.

A-lister

Veteran
#1 last year was lucky and random. Lowest score ever for a winner, lots of "nul points", only three 12 points (from Russia, Turkey and - Malta) and the Turkish diaspora embraced that song, since Turkey failed to qualify.

We could have seen a completely different winner, with Turkey in the final.

^ Lucky and random?

Well, if the same tactics were used as this year (and I happen to believe so), that win was anything but random.

A-lister

Veteran
lol of course, don't throw your emotions, bring fact then talk. Here is take 4 th place, let be your. Yeah may be this time Sweden ;)

I don't find a big pre-favorite and a well-performed entrance winning fishy.

I do however find a not very big favorite with a quite bad performance winning sort of strange... and the random 12's from countries like Malta each year. Well, I rest my case.

Sabina however did a good live job, I can't argue about that.

rajo

Excuse my bad english, I'm not teacher, okay? Did he understanded? :rolleyes:

Farahim

I don't find a big pre-favorite and a well-performed entrance winning fishy.

I do however find a not very big favorite with a quite bad performance winning sort of strange... and the random 12's from countries like Malta each year. Well, I rest my case.

Sabina however did a good live job, I can't argue about that.

Yes, it is your "taste". How about malta, it could be diaspora as a different countries do as well. But i don't know and you don't know either.

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, it is your "taste". How about malta, it could be diaspora as a different countries do as well. But i don't know and you don't know either.

My taste? Sorry I don't control pre-voting, betting and fan sites. My taste usually differs from the general taste.

Farahim

Aha, well she did a good live job. I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the entry however.

And may be most people thought like you and that is why she didn't win. Also thanks god that she didn't win and turkey either. May be now you will blame us for winning too )) anyway i am very happy, Sweden won. She was my favorite too.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Cyprus' jury: 0 points to Azerbaijan, but Azerbaijan gets 8 points from Cyprus
Israel's jury: 0 points to Azerbaijan, but Azerbaijan gets 8 points from Israel

No more comments needed... Azerbaijan was one of my favorites this year, but if they used this tactic to get a top 5, then sorry, but they are not playing fair!

Top Bottom