dezbee2008

Re: ASIANVISION SONG CONTEST 2012

Alright!!! Can't wait for this. xcheer

Hele.

Wow, this is awesome! :D

Kryptonite

I really doubt that it's true, because we were fooled so many times.

r3gg13

I haven't heard anything from the Filipino channels yet. They are probably gonna start talking about it on media shows

Yamarus

I find this hard to believe. An event of this scale cannot be announced out of the blue only a few months before it is to be held. There have been so many announcements of this nature, I'm fed up! I would so much like to see this ACTUALLY take place. I'll believe it when I see it.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The 1st ABU TV Song Festival
14 October 2012 (Seoul, Republic of Korea)

Application Deadline Extended to 18 May 2012

The Programme Department (ABU) invites its members to participate in the first ABU TV Song Festival, organised by ABU in cooperation with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS).

The festival will be held in conjunction with the 49th ABU General Assembly, bringing together the best of Asia-Pacific’s top solo or group talents hailing from an array of national music scenes.
Participation opens until 18 May 2012. Prospective participants may download and submit their ‘participation form’ to our secretariat: ABU TV Song Festival Secretariat (KBS-Korea) Mr Kenny Bae, Project Manager Email: [email protected]

http://www.abu.org.my/Programme-@-ABU_TV_Song_Festival.aspx]Source

roadrunner

I haven't heard anything from the Filipino channels yet. They are probably gonna start talking about it on media shows

Me too. :| But if it's the state's channel that's responsible for it, I won't be surprised that it's not much publicized.

r3gg13

Me too. :| But if it's the state's channel that's responsible for it, I won't be surprised that it's not much publicized.

Is RPN our member/representative broadcaster to ABU? TBH, RPN sucks :oops:
If I'm not mistaken ABU is comprised mostly of privately owned broadcasters.

I hope either ABSCBN or GMA sponsor it for PI. Those broadcasters are decent with entertainment and have their own record companies. How about we have Sarah Geronimo with a belty ballad :lol: :lol:. Sitti with a nice bossa nova number would be cool too :)

roadrunner

Is RPN our member/representative broadcaster to ABU? TBH, RPN sucks :oops:
If I'm not mistaken ABU is comprised mostly of privately owned broadcasters.

I hope either ABSCBN or GMA sponsor it for PI. Those broadcasters are decent with entertainment and have their own record companies. How about we have Sarah Geronimo with a belty ballad :lol: :lol:. Sitti with a nice bossa nova number would be cool too :)

I saw in ABU's website that KBP (an organization, not a station) is our country's member. ABS-CBN and GMA are both members of KBP, so there might be a chance that one of those channels will sponsor it. I'm now wondering if this KBP contest is some sort of an NF (for the ABU Radio Song Festival, however; not the TV fest) :)

r3gg13

I saw in ABU's website that KBP (an organization, not a station) is our country's member. ABS-CBN and GMA are both members of KBP, so there might be a chance that one of those channels will sponsor it. I'm now wondering if this KBP contest is some sort of an NF (for the ABU Radio Song Festival, however; not the TV fest) :)
Kbp is the kabisanan/broadcasting guild, right? It would be interesting to see how Kbp will delegate stuff to broadcasters.

Princezaruza

Been waiting for some news about it for ages! I hope it's for REAL this time! Oh Please! Just make it REAL this time! Everybody's excited for it especially the Asians! It'll be their time to show their music to the world!

helloimjosh

The wait is frustrating. May 18 was the deadline for countries to confirm if they are in or not so maybe after this point, things might start. As stated on the site, this contest is for ABU members. Interesting enough, Azerbaijan and Turkey are also a member of ABU, I wonder if they are interested in Asian music scenes. The US is also a member of ABU, if they joined, that would be super exciting but also difficult for other Asian countries to compete against them.

Just took an inside look, there'll be 12 participating countries. Those countries have to submit their entries before August.

And bad news is that this is not a contest by any mean, just a showcase -.-

Princezaruza

The wait is frustrating. May 18 was the deadline for countries to confirm if they are in or not so maybe after this point, things might start. As stated on the site, this contest is for ABU members. Interesting enough, Azerbaijan and Turkey are also a member of ABU, I wonder if they are interested in Asian music scenes. The US is also a member of ABU, if they joined, that would be super exciting but also difficult for other Asian countries to compete against them.

Just took an inside look, there'll be 12 participating countries. Those countries have to submit their entries before August.

And bad news is that this is not a contest by any mean, just a showcase -.-

You are right. It would be cool if it'll be like ESC, a song competition. But still, it'll be cool to have our own show in Asia that will showcase the Asian Music so still looking forward to it.

Stuff

I hope songs will have 2 versions..... 1 local and 1 English, I didnt know there is an "asiavision"

Archer

Or maybe we should call it '' Southeast Asiavision '' instead ? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom