Contact us

Madonna at the Super Bowl halftime show

Jesus

It was simply the best halftime show ever :eek: :eek:

I watched it live last night online, and I was like O.M.F.G. :shock: What a show!!! Twitter went crazy, more than 10000 tweets per second during the entire performance.

The Queen is back!

Yamarus

I was about to post about it! Absolutely amazing!!!!

Vogue remains her joker card for any situation, let me remind everyone of the classic 1990 performance at the MTV Music Awards:

xheart Madonna xheart

Interrail

Yup....simply amazing showxclap That's why we love Madonna:D
(I liked most 'like a prayer' it was soooo powerful performance and pure perfection) I have to say I'm not surprised by the great show, her old Sticky and Sweet tour was real HUGE audio-visual spectacle, the Super Bowl show is that recipe just so much bigger, better, improved:cool: Everything else now would be disappointment:D Yeah...she still has it, this magic...;):cool:

MyHeartIsYours

I've never been an uber-fan of Madonna, but I've always liked her and that show does indeed look amazing! She always puts on a great show! :D
As for Vogue, it's always been my fave of hers! :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Madonna is a great performer and the show was quite good. I don't care for football so I only watched the clip on Youtube this morning but it was very well executed. My favorite part was the "Like a prayer" which is probably my favorite Madonna song.

Love or hate her but she knows her stuff and it's hard to believe that she is in her 50's

A-lister

Veteran
THERE'S ONLY ONE QUEEN OF POP AND IT'S MADONNA!!

That show was A M A Z I N G! xcheer

Grinch

Pop singers come and go but there is one king & one queen of pop. That's never gonna change.

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
She will visit Zagreb on her new music tour as well! She will sing on 11th of June on Maksimir football stadium.
As I also heard, she should have 26 concerts in Europe in this spring/summer tour:)

AlekS

Veteran
Can't wait for the tour, hope that they will add Kyiv like it's been planned :D
Not a fond of her cheesy "candy" era, more into Re-Invention or CoaD.

Super Bowl ... considering such intense choreography I can live with that non-balanced playback.

Canuck

Much better than that terrible Black Eyed Peas crap from last year! However, I can't help but wonder how the NFL chooses their halftime acts. Most dudes watching an American football game at the bar don't really wanna watch Madonna lip-sync :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Much better than that terrible Black Eyed Peas crap from last year! However, I can't help but wonder how the NFL chooses their halftime acts. Most dudes watching an American football game at the bar don't really wanna watch Madonna lip-sync :lol:

Not all of it was lip-synced though, and considering the circumstances (the huge staging, the short amount of time to fix it all, the choreography and especially the acoustics), then it's not so strange that there was some lip-syncing.

Half-time shows usually are lip-synced. I'm usually opposed to lip-syncing, but in some occasions (like this one) I thin it's bearable.

Well, those douche guys want to see some lame rock band putting up a clichéd uninspired show with no effort what so ever.

Anyways, Madonna's half-time show is now ranked the most viewed half-time show of all time, so I guess some people wanted to see it afterall ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Can't wait for the tour, hope that they will add Kyiv like it's been planned :D

I think she'll visit you this time around ;)

I've just seen her live once so far, Sticky & Sweet tour. However I wished I would have seen Confessions instead because that one was great (on DVD atleast).

Interrail

I think I'll go to Zagreb concert in June, so far I've seen/heard Madonna live only once, as well (Sticky&Sweet 2009), now I can't wait to hear new CD...this Super Bowl was great intro and promotion for the new project, even though we heard nothing new there...:lol:

Isabella

What a show :D. She is great as always. Now I wanna shoot myself, because I've already bought tickets for RHCP concert and I don't even like them that much :lol:. I just thought you can't miss big concerts in Zagreb. I should sell them and buy tickets for Madonna xthink

AlekS

Veteran
I think she'll visit you this time around ;)

I've just seen her live once so far, Sticky & Sweet tour. However I wished I would have seen Confessions instead because that one was great (on DVD atleast).
I saw every tour on video/DVD, sometimes 10 concerts per tour.
imo, nobody can be compared to her and her team when it comes to tour staging. Though S&S was too cheesy and kitchy (like the album) :*) Confessions was phenomenal + imo, she & Beyonce have the best dancers ))) Cloud is the best :D Gosh, all guys & girls are the best.
Waiting for her at SanRemo )))

Last edited:

Canuck

Not all of it was lip-synced though, and considering the circumstances (the huge staging, the short amount of time to fix it all, the choreography and especially the acoustics), then it's not so strange that there was some lip-syncing.

Half-time shows usually are lip-synced. I'm usually opposed to lip-syncing, but in some occasions (like this one) I thin it's bearable.

Well, those douche guys want to see some lame rock band putting up a clichéd uninspired show with no effort what so ever.

Anyways, Madonna's half-time show is now ranked the most viewed half-time show of all time, so I guess some people wanted to see it afterall ;)

Sorry for the delayed response, I forgot I had posted here :lol:

I wasn't really stressing the fact that she was lip-syncing; I know its very normal for large-scale productions such as the Super Bowl, but rather that the NFL picked Madonna rather than some artists for the fans who watch American football (i.e. American men, many of whom don't listen to Madonna :lol:.)

A-lister

Veteran
I saw every tour on video/DVD, sometimes 10 concerts per tour.
imo, nobody can be compared to her and her team when it comes to tour staging. Though S&S was too cheesy and kitchy (like the album) :*) Confessions was phenomenal + imo, she & Beyonce have the best dancers ))) Cloud is the best :D Gosh, all guys & girls are the best.
Waiting for her at SanRemo )))

I wish I'd seen her live at some other tour, S&S was just so-so I think compare to the rest I've seen.

Anyways... seems Ukraine is confirmed ;)

August 4: Kiev (Olympic Stadium)

A-lister

Veteran
Sorry for the delayed response, I forgot I had posted here :lol:

I wasn't really stressing the fact that she was lip-syncing; I know its very normal for large-scale productions such as the Super Bowl, but rather that the NFL picked Madonna rather than some artists for the fans who watch American football (i.e. American men, many of whom don't listen to Madonna :lol:.)

I see... well, it still broke all the records being the most watched half-time show ever, so obviously some wanted to see her ;)

MyHeartIsYours

My friend was telling me that he thought Madonna was crap at Super Bowl and she was miming. I was like noooo - he's straight though so what can you expect! :D

Top Bottom