Contact us

Which countries will (not) reach the final in 2012?

lowyby

So ; this is an easy one. Just what the title says.

I think 2012 will be the year for the Bene(lux) & :be: & :nl: will go to the finals and place rather good over there. (Maybe :lu: returning?)

There will be a suprise imo and :gr: or :ru: won't qualify.

:pt: & :bg: will be in the final again just like :tr:& :am: (Would be a huge reaction in Baku tho)

:mk: , :pl: , :mt: & :by: will flop again.

I expect to see :ad:,:cz: & returning but both flop & finally some glory for :sm: & :sk:

Last edited:

Sabiondo

I wish that :nl:, :pl:, :sk: and :hr: pass the final the next year.

I fell that for the next year, the jury will try to sunk (Even his songs are verry good) - :ru:, :gr:, :ua: or :ba: cause they had to give chansse to others countries who never was pass the final as :mt: or :sm:

Last edited:

CC92

^Is it sure there will be a 'jury' in 2012? I do hope that not.

And probably Italy will not even take part (same for San Marino then). :D

lowyby

^Is it sure there will be a 'jury' in 2012? I do hope that not.

And probably Italy will not even take part (same for San Marino then). :D

Why wouldn't Italy take part?

If it's for the low ratings they're stupid. A 'new' show has to grow upon the population.
They also need to promote the contest more. Look to Hungary when they got good commentares , 35% of the country saw the finale.

CC92

Why wouldn't Italy take part?

If it's for the low ratings they're stupid. A 'new' show has to grow upon the population.
They also need to promote the contest more. Look to Hungary when they got good commentares , 35% of the country saw the finale.

They were not interested for thirteen years. Nor a couple of years before, de facto. Then Germany has won it and ARD/NDR and EBU wanted to have them in so badly, for instance they presented them with a landslide jury win, they agreed eventually. This will not happen a second time in Azerbaijan. Does RAI have deep relations with them? Rather it could risk NDR's hard-earned shared record (what a disgrace). They only can lose and why should they?

Yamarus

Meh, Italy is just being a diva. It's not *that* much of an investment to participate in the ESC each year. Small countries do it all the time, regardless of results or TV ratings and Italy is *big*.

AlekS

Veteran
I think trying to predict basing just on countries and then complaining about blocks and *insert any other fan(atic) crap here* is moronic :p

ps. Participating/non participating because of "relations" is stupid and immature. Broadcasters aren't ESC fans so ESC fans way of thinking doesn't work here.

EBU has been negotiating with RAI for years so saying "then Germany has won it and ARD/NDR and EBU wanted to have them in so badly" is ... :lol:
2nd biggest European broadcaster doesn't give a shii about NDR that much. Results do not really influence next year's ratings and it's been proven by numerous editions. They came back because Sanremo is almost dead (there were serious talks about closing this fest or moving it to a smaller venue in order to F it after that)... but they still do not take ESC seriously, they took a bet on the newcomers' category ... lulz.
Italian media promoted ESC more intense than I expected so it's a nice sign, at least for the next year. The jury will continue licking their butt more/less intense next year because RAI is a sponsor... obviously the general value of the former Big4 decreased, that's why I adore Italy :twisted:

Btw, Italy is staying but this is off topic because they are already in the final :D

lowyby

I think trying to predict basing just on countries and then complaining about blocks and *insert any other fan(atic) crap here* is moronic :p
No ; this item is also about which countries would you like to see in the final. Nothing like block voting only or something otherwise I'd be enormously stupid to let San Marino pass if I look at block voting.

Sabiondo

No ; this item is also about which countries would you like to see in the final. Nothing like block voting only or something otherwise I'd be enormously stupid to let San Marino pass if I look at block voting.

This year the jury was try to put out Russia puting Malta & San Marino over hers ;)

MyHeartIsYours

I just how that no non-deserving countries get into the final. This year there were quite a few, and other good songs were left behind.

lucian-crusher

In that case I can't say anything! I don't want any country to pass until I know the songs!

Narmina

It's nonsense to predict which countries will qualify or not without listening to their future songs :D At least we know that 6 countries will be in the Final next year :p

Kicker

I'm sure that :az: :de: :fr: :es: :uk: and :it: will qualify! :lol:
And I think there will be 19 other countries which will qualify...

Top Bottom