Contact us

Who did your country's commentator like?

Mickey

And did this affect your country's votes?

The Eurovision commentator's have a lot of power and I'm curious to see how much they are able to influence votes. I don't think they intentionally try to affect the voting, but it can make a big difference to a viewer's perception of an artist if someone introduces them by saying "This band's amazing".

This year, the UK commentator liked Denmark and Spain best and also spoke in more vaguely nice terms about Switzerland and Sweden. They all got points from us. That doesn't mean Graham Norton was solely responsible for our marks: his fondness for Finland didn't translate into any points. However, I certainly think it's possible for commentators to have an impact.

Magizian

I watched the final on SVT1 (Sweden) and funnily enough they loved Sweden ;)

If I remember correctly they also liked Denmark, Switzerland and Hungary.

Joyride

The German commentator (who's been the same for years) hardly judges a song, he just commentates. So I don't think any German has been influenced by his opinion.

goktengri

Banned
Ozveren said he loved Slovenia so much and claimed that it will be a winner before the beginning :D also he always paid attention to Slovenia's situation during the voting. :lol: Other than it, he also liked Georgia.

doctormalisimo

I watched the semis on RTE. The commentator there liked :fi: and :az: a lot
I watched the final on BBC. Their commentator HATED :ge: and :md: (who got 8 points from the UK :evil:)

chipzz

I love our Bulgarian commentators. Actually they're not commentators. They just tell us information about the singers in the postcards and never says opinions.

nikolay_BG

Banned
I love the bulgarian cometators, or more like translators. They only translate what the hosts say and give some offcial information about the performers or the ESC history of the countries in the postcards.

I think i remember a personal reaction when Bulgaria qualified in 2007 and it was one little "yay",

but besides that, they leave the viewer to make an oppinion.

They are so good and I love how they do their jobs.
Nice job from BNT :)

Grinch

TRT :tr:

One of them kept saying how he loved Slovenia and it deserved to win.

Other one kept saying "Vote for only Bosnia & Azerbaijan. Don't vote for other countries!!! They didn't vote for us in the sf!!!"

They were both so annoying.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Other one kept saying "Vote for only Bosnia & Azerbaijan. Don't vote for other countries!!! They didn't vote for us in the sf!!!"

Wow, and they call themselves commentators? Very unprofessional and immature....oh well!!

Isabella

:hr: HRT commentator said his favorite is Moldova. Thanks God, it didn't affect our voting and Moldova got 0 from us :twisted: :lol:

sannerz

At least both Bosnia and Azerbaijan had good songs. :lol:

Rose

They don't really give personal opinions, but this year they seemed to be huge fans of :rs:, :fr: and :ua:

Woohoo

I think i remember a personal reaction when Bulgaria qualified in 2007 and it was one little "yay",
:mrgreen:
I think the commentators should not only be "translators", they should be funny and give more "attitude" to their commentary... in that way viewers will be more interested!

yulara

Surprisely, this year, I kind liked the french commentators.

Laurent Boyer, an animator, was the translator and Catherine Lara, a musician, gave her point of view on the performance. She liked Italy, the chorus of Azerbaijan and UK. At the end, France gave Italy 8 points (which is not a surprise as this song could have success in France), Azerbaijan 6 points and UK 1 point

And what I liked this year is that both of them didn't make the usual stupid jokes about the music style, choregraphy, dresses or whatever. They just said that Eric Saade was the swedish Justin Bieber (not sure it's a compliment...)

MyHeartIsYours

Graham liked Ireland, he said if all else fails and Blue dont do well then we have to support Jedward :lol:. Also he went, 'oh look a point for Jedward!', whereas he normally just mentions when the United Kingdom gets points :D. But I think his personal favourite was Denmark.

Top Bottom