• Yes

30 68.2%
  • No

12 27.3%
  • Don't Care

2 4.5%

• Total voters

Woohoo

^yeah more people and professionals... no more journalists and tv presenters ....

Misi

Hmmm... to be honest I don't know.
If juries vote for songs like Sweden 2011 but at the same time kill fantastic entries like Iceland 2010 (equally cheap music, just Iceland was performed 6 times better), then I don't know...

FallenAngelII

No way! :sl: 2007 finished almost the same as :fr: this year, with a simillar song but with 100 % televoting and it had to pass trough Semifinals....
"Sognu" is straight up classical opera. "Cvet Z Juga" was pop opera. It's mostly quazi-etno pop except for the chorus, which is quazi-operatic.

They are not "almost the same". They are "slightly similar". The instrumentalization, arrangment, genre, stageshow, BPM and beat are completely different. Also, Slovenia featured backing vocals. "Sognu" was just Amaury alone on stage, standing still for the most part.

In fact, the only thing they have in common is the fact that "Cvet Z Juga" was quazi-operatic in the chorus (and bridge). In fact, "Sognu" has more in common with Sweden 2009 ("La Voix") than with Slovenia 2007.

Hmmm... to be honest I don't know.
If juries vote for songs like Sweden 2011 but at the same time kill fantastic entries like Iceland 2010 (equally cheap music, just Iceland was performed 6 times better), then I don't know...
I predict that the juries placed Sweden was around 7-10-ish, but that the televoters favoured it too much, so they jumped to 3rd.

r3gg13

Nope, I love the Juries. There's got to be reform of the whole voting system but any system must include an element of Juries - to just abolish them and go back to how it was in 2007 would be a disaster.

There has to be a better way with regards to juries. We could have a blind voting (which is practically impossible to do), or we could just lower the weight of their votes; let's say 30% jury, 70% voters

Samb

I think this is a terrible and badly thought-out idea and I won't be signing.

Samb

PETITION said:
Our demand is also to limit the number of votes for a country to one SMS/phone call from phone number, so every resident of the participating countries could truly affect the voting results.

This is equally a horrible idea.

MyHeartIsYours

There has to be a better way with regards to juries. We could have a blind voting (which is practically impossible to do), or we could just lower the weight of their votes; let's say 30% jury, 70% voters

Id prefer a more complex system where the Juries and Televote are not given any particular weighting but where Televotes provide the baseline of the votes and then the Juries supplements that vote by taking into account everything - the viewers favourite songs, previous voting patterns, etc. Dont ask me how it'd work out exactly though, some voting expert would have to tell you :lol:.

lucian-crusher

I still want a true 50/50 system where the televoters and juries give out a separate set of points each (combined for the purposes of speedy voting, i.e. if Sweden gave Ireland 10 + 12 points, they'get 22 points in one go).

No! I preffer 12 to remain the magic Eurovision number but I want to have a separate voting like when a country calls they first give the points of the televoting, then the points of the juries and mix them up after that in front of the viewers! :D

kotten

I want the juries to stay. I think the results was even more obvious when it was only tv-voters, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I like this system better.

Joyride

I still don't like the idea of a jury PREVENTING songs to be voted by a block. This means a good song from an Eastern country has no chance to win the juries high points.

As we've all seen, the winners of 2009 ans 2010 both won jury AND telephone voting. In fact they did not need the help of juries.

For example: France 2010. It was a great song, happy melody, summer feeling (many times better than Norway's weak try this year with 'Haba'). People voted it very very high but Jessy finished a 'bad' 12th place because of the juries (which voted the only at 22). Obviously juries thought 'Allez Ola Ole' was not a 'real' song, not a good song with sophisticated lyrics and real chanson music. Was that fair? I don't think so.

Let's have a look the other way round:

Serbia in 2007 - as the winner - got points from all over Europe without the help of juries! The twelvies came not only from their Balkan neighbours but also from countries like Austria, Finland, Switzerland...

asia

They should get rid of the juries completely, and put in place a scorecard system. I.e you have one phone number you call and rate all songs or countries out of ten, then they are added up and divided to give you the top ten songs, keeping the same 1-8 10 12 system. Its the only fair way to progress and stop everyone moaning, but its obvious going back to having the juries has made things worse.

Well, I can't remember a year when my favourite song actually won the contest, but before the re-introduction of juries they hardly ever reached the final. Now at least some of my favourites do quite well (Iceland and Estonia 2009, Serbia and Germany this year. Estonia last year weren't as lucky, but their live performance was just horrible so I can understand that). Besides, I really do think that the bloc voting has decreased over the last few years (Turkey didn't make the final this year. TURKEY!), so, yeah, they do what they're supposed to and I'm happy.

Without the juries, ex-Soviet (like mine) countries would end up giving high points to Russia and each other, since, for example, some 30% of population here is Russians and 10 more per cent is Ukrainians, Belorussians etc. who all usually vote for their country if they decide to vote. And the remaining 60% of people are Latvians, who usually prefer Estonia, Lithuania, Nordic countries and Germany. Of course, several other countries every year receive points from us because they have great songs, but with juries they get even more points, so I can't complain.

Hadn't there been juries, we'd have given Russia some 8 points instead of 0, and I don't think we would have given Italy more than 6 points (we gave 12), so the juries definitely do more good than harm.

Top Bottom