Contact us

Split Jury/Tele Votes

dizzydjc

I'm very interested to see what the split was, I have a feeling that Azerbaijan didn't top either of these (probably was Sweden and Italy) but Azerbaijan was probably something like no.2 or 3 in both of these lists.

I can't remember far back for last year, but does anyone know roughly when we should expect these results?

lucian-crusher

The Romanian jury results will be revealed tonight or tommorrow and we will have to deduct the televoting from that. As for the coplete split of all juries and televotes we will have it in July!

Arv

I don't know, but I agree with you on the votes. I think Sweden got the most televotes and italy the most jury votes.

Sim

The Romanian jury results will be revealed tonight or tommorrow and we will have to deduct the televoting from that. As for the coplete split of all juries and televotes we will have it in July!

I'm curious about your split points in the semi ...
we've got an 8 from you:D

asia

Does having a jury and tele vote really make that much difference to having either or? I think some of the people on some countries juries still just back up the tele vote, they will be released in june.

94ayd

Why does it take so long for them to be released?

chipzz

Because they're mafia and they had to fix them haha!
And of course Italy is first in jury vote,but see how they will tell us that Azerbaijan was first there as well!

Sim

Finland jury vote:

•12 Hungary
•10 Azerbaijan
•8 Ireland
•7 Serbia
•6 Iceland
•5 Austria
•4 Italy
•3 France
•2 Lithuania
•1 Georgia

otto

Estonian jury votes:

* 12 Denmark
* 10 Sweden
* 8 Italy
* 7 Spain
* 6 Slovenia
* 5 Romania
* 4 Switzerland
* 3 Serbia
* 2 France
* 1 Finland

Interesting. The jury and televote both agreed on Denmark and Sweden, and partially Finland - underlining Estonias direction towards the nordic region - there are lots of other points of interest. The televoting seems to have gone to the "soviet-block" to a much larger extent. Azerbaijan got 0 points from the jury - and 7 combined. Russia and Georgia also was left from the jury - and still getting 5 and 3 points respectively. No "sovjet-block-countries" got points from the jury! On the other hand western countries like Switzerland and France were voted out by the televote. Spain and Italy were also scored higher among the jury than the televotes. Looking apart from the nordic countries - there is a distinct split among a televote looking to the sovjet-block - and and a jury ignoring it.

AlekS

Veteran
^ On the other hand France wasn't really liked by the juries and Ukraine together with Lithaunia probably received 0's from both.

Hmmm, nevertheless they awarded their Nordic "friends" ("neighbour/friendly"voting is not a big deal, anyway). I predicted their 12 to Sweden but I didn't expect that the jury liked it so much, other points aren't surprising.

otto

Finland jury vote:

•12 Hungary
•10 Azerbaijan
•8 Ireland
•7 Serbia
•6 Iceland
•5 Austria
•4 Italy
•3 France
•2 Lithuania
•1 Georgia

A theory about jury voting would be that the jury votes should agree more with each other than the public vote, being less inclined to politics and ignoring block voting tendencies.

Well. The jurys of Finland and Estionia posted in this thread agree on very little. Actually it looks like they are intentionally looking to counter politics. In Finland it looks to the east - in Estonia to the west - just opposite to the televoting patterns.

The songs the two jurys did agree to give points to was France, Italy and Serbia. This gives a nod to the commong expectation that the jury are supporting the popdance-category.

Televoting Finland. Favours nordic-block
Televoting Estonia: Favours soviet-block.

Juryvoting Finland: Favours eastern countries
Juryvoting Estonia: Favours western countries.

otto

other points aren't surprising.

I found the Finland jury rather surprising. Didn't see Hungary, Azerbaijan and Ireland as top three with a jury!
Apart from that, I would have though the jurys would be apolitical - not anti-political as it looks like here. But this is only two jurys, so...

MyHeartIsYours

I think Italy won the Juryvote and Sweden won the Televote with Azerbaijan coming second on both. France I think will have done better with the Juryvote whilst the United Kingdom may have done better on the Televote.

Top Bottom