Contact us

UEFA Champions League and Europa League

AlekS

Veteran
pras said:
uhm but Turks and Azeris support each others teams/sporters in all areas. For example when we got third in euro cup Azerbaijanis celebrated it as their own success. So did we in the european athletics when the azerbaijani athlete got bronze medal. Because for us Turk=Azerbaijani. He used the word "Turkish" it would be better if he would have used "Turkic" but its normal in Turkey and Azerbaijan. Azeris call themselves Turkish too :)

Some Azeris call themselves Turks ;)
sorry, but it is offensive to call other nations like it's yours.
You can be the best friends but it doesn't mean that they belong to Turkey or they are a part of Turkish nation.
State, not state but every state means 1 nation. Period xhand
This is Azeri team - not Turkish. Not by nationality, not by federation, not by geographical or any other principles.

aletem

I don't like Qarabag. They eliminated Metalurg Skopje in the first round. :twisted: :lol: I seriously think that Qarabag has no chance against Borusia Dortmund. Same goes for Trabzon against Liverpool and for Timisoara against Manchester City. Well, Timisoara has a slight chance as they have more experience.

Alexu

AlekS said:
pras said:
uhm but Turks and Azeris support each others teams/sporters in all areas. For example when we got third in euro cup Azerbaijanis celebrated it as their own success. So did we in the european athletics when the azerbaijani athlete got bronze medal. Because for us Turk=Azerbaijani. He used the word "Turkish" it would be better if he would have used "Turkic" but its normal in Turkey and Azerbaijan. Azeris call themselves Turkish too :)

You can be the best friends but it doesn't mean that they belong to Turkey or they are a part of Turkish nation.
This is Azeri team - not Turkish. Not by nationality, not by federation, not by geographical or any other principles.

exactly! :cool:

pras

AlekS said:
pras said:

I didn't say They belong to Turkey. I don't deny It's Azeri team. But we don't differentiate Turkish and Azerbaijani teams. We don't own Azeri team when we say "Turkish" because that's normal in Azerbaijan and Turkey. I just tried to explain it.

AlekS

Veteran
^ when you name it like yours you say that it belongs to you, you can mean anything but it sounds like that. Always.
Now back to the theme.

ParadiseES

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

:ru: Zenit 1-0 Auxerre :fr:
:ua: Dynamo Kyiv 1-1 Ajax :nl:
:no: Rosenborg 2-1 Kobenhavn :dk:
:cz: Sparta Praha 0-2 Zilina :sk: :shock: :shock:
:ch: Young Boys 3-2 Tottenham :en:

Today, 20:45 CET

:at: Salzburg - Hapoel Tel-Aviv :il:
:ch: Basel - Sheriff :md:
:rs: Partizan - Anderlecht :be:
:pt: Sp.Braga - Sevilla :es:
:de: W.Bremen - Sampdoria :it:

ParadiseES

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

:gr: Aris 1-0 Austria Wien :at:
:tr: Besiktas 2-0 HJK Helsinki :fi:

ParadiseES

Today:

14:00: :ru: Sibir - PSV Eindhoven :nl:
18:00: :by: BATE Borisov - Maritimo :pt:
18:30: :fr: Paris Saint-Germain - Maccabi Tel-Aviv :il:
18:30: :de: B.Leverkusen - Tavriya :ua:
18:30: :ru: CSKA Moskva - Anorthosis :cy:
18:45: :at: Rapid Wien - Aston Villa :en:
18:45: :sk: Slovan Bratislava - Stuttgart :de:
19:00: :se: AIK Solna - Levski Sofia :bg:
19:00: :ua: Dnipro - Lech Poznan :pl:
19:00: :hu: Debrecen - Litex :bg:
19:00: :cy: Omonia - Metalist :ua:
19:00: :ro: Vaslui - Lille :fr:
19:05: :dk: Odense - Motherwell :sc:
19:15: :nl: Feyenoord - Gent :be:
19:45: :ro: Steaua - GC :ch:
20:00: :tr: Galatasaray - Karpaty :ua:
20:30: :it: Palermo - Maribor :sl:
20:30: :be: Club Brugge - Dinamo Minsk :by:
20:30: :be: Genk - Porto :pt:
20:30: :gr: PAOK - Fenerbahçe :tr:
20:30: :hr: Hajduk Split - Unirea Urziceni :ro:
20:30: :ch: Lausanne - Lokomotiv Moskva :ru:
20:30: :bg: CSKA Sofia - TNS ::wl
20:45: :ro: Timisoara - Manchester City :en:
20:45: :en: Liverpool - Trabzonspor :tr:
20:45: :sc: Celtic - Utrecht :nl:
21:00: :it: Napoli - Elfsborg :se:
21:00: :es: Getafe - APOEL :cy:
21:00: :sc: Dundee United - AEK Athens :gr:
21:00: :nl: AZ Alkmaar - Aktobe :kz:
21:00: :hu: Gyor - Dinamo Zagreb :hr:
21:05: :at: Sturm Graz - Juventus :it:
21:05: :de: B.Dortumund - Qarabaq :az:
21:30: :pt: Sporting - Brondby :dk:
22:00: :es: Villarreal - Dnepr :by:

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Villarreal - Dnepr
"Dnepr" is :by: Belarusian team... the full name is "Dnepr, Mogilyov"

Our team is "Dnipro".

ParadiseES

Villarreal - Dnepr
"Dnepr" is :by: Belarusian team... the full name is "Dnepr, Mogilyov"

Our team is "Dnipro".

Yes, I knew it, but it seems I got lost between so many flags and strange teams :lol:

ParadiseES

I don't like these Spanish teams in Europa League. I wouldn't mind if they don't qualify but I'm quite sure they will...
Especially Villarrea. They robbed Mallorca's spot. F*cken UEFA gave Mallorca's spot to Villarreal, because of economical problems in Mallorca. So unfair cause they were the ones who showed they deserve in the field :evil:
I'm gonna fully support Sevilla tonight! GO GUYS!!! :D

Last edited:

Milos-BC

I am obviously rooting for Partizan tonight :D Anderlecht is a great team, but we have good chances to eliminate them imo. We have a chance to repeat the 2003 success when we eliminated Newcastle and entered the UEFA Champions League.

Lothar Matthaus was Partizan's coach back then. And now he has a great chance to lead the Serbian national team (yes, they said that the "coach war" is over, but obviously it isn't as money is the problem now, and Radomir will be kicked out, almost definetly).

aletem

And wow what a game was that!!! Full of chances on both sides. I think Rosenborg deserved to win this game, but not by a whole much. I am awaiting for the next leg, and I think it will be a hell of a game! :D

ParadiseES

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

:ru: Zenit 1-0 Auxerre :fr:
:ua: Dynamo Kyiv 1-1 Ajax :nl:
:cz: Sparta Praha 0-2 Zilina :sk: :shock: :shock:
:ch: Young Boys 3-2 Tottenham :en:

Today, 20:45 CET

:at: Salzburg 2-3 Hapoel Tel-Aviv :il:
:ch: Basel 1-0 Sheriff :md:
:rs: Partizan 2-2 Anderlecht :be:
:pt: Sp.Braga 1-0 Sevilla :es:
:de: W.Bremen 3-1 Sampdoria :it:

Many surprises this round :shock:

I really hope Sevilla will win the next match and will qualify cause I think they're clearly better than Braga and are one of the best teams in Europe :)

Sim

I'm happy with the 2-2 of Anderlecht against Partizan.
Just sad of the second goal of Partizan (owngoal:p)
but ok
I hope Anderlecht can go through:d

Milos-BC

Yeah, I am happy with the result as well :lol: It was an awesome and very open match with attractive chances on both sides, and a lot of "twists-and-turns". Anderlecht has shown why it is a #1 club in Belgium and a favorite in this duel for sure.

Still I believe that Partizan has quality to eliminate them in Brussels :p Nobody believed that we will eliminate Newcastle in 2003(and we lost the first match in Belgrade) but we did. Good luck to both teams on 24th August!

BTW, the keeper of Partizan is so.........I better not say it. :? That second goal was so retarded :lol: But we got a gift from Lejacks and Anderlecht got a gift from Ilic it seems :lol:

Last edited:

aletem

Not surprised much about Zilina. Those teams usually play together on friendly matches, so they know each other well And Zilina is not a bad team at all. What I am surprised was the game between Sibir Novosibirsk and PSV Eindhoven. Sibir won 1:0. :lol: I know Sibir Novosibirsk doesn't have much international experience, unlike PSV, so this was a surprise for me. And Borusia Dortmund managed to stop Qarabag. Villareal won 5:0 against Dnepr Mogilev and this was the biggest win today.

Top Bottom