3 2.5%

13 10.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

sorry for them. it‘s a very nice song and now :az: will go back to buy MF-rejects again….
Yeah, that's an unfortunate implication of this, that their TPTB will now think "It was a mistake to use OUR OWN talent for once! Let's go back to hiring Swedish songwriters like we always did!"
I'm almost sure they were 11th, we'll see in a few days...

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I don't love the song but the performance was unexpectedly so genuine and heartwarming. The running order kind of killed the song deliberately. I wish the best for the boys.

crashworld

Veteran
Oh well, this is expected. I am just surprised with Azerbaijan's attitude towards ESC this year. I truly wonder if they just don't care anymore. Maybe they may not even want to participate next year? I wonder if anyone from Azerbaijan can confirm how is the local reaction to their entry this year and how they took the NQ news? I mean this is their 2nd NQ in 4 years (taking away 2020) and they would have also NQ last year based on TV alone. It's not looking great for them isn't it?

empo21

Veteran
Eurovision is a very good PR for Azerbaijan, so I don't think they'll leave.

As for this year, out of the 5 NQs I'm most sad about this, because the performance was good and the way they look at each other when the other one is singing was so wholesome 💔

Last time Azer NQd they came back with a strong package so hopes for 2024?

midnightsun

Veteran
This was the token NQ that Azerbaijan wanted to show that they aren’t corrupt they’ll be back to their bullshit next year

I could even imagine it was a "friendly suggestion" (penalty) by the EBU to compete with some tame song that reflects the British music scene to make up for their behaviour and as a further consequence they even put it after Loreen so it was dead on arrival.

Apart from the fact I liked the twins and their song anyway I think it was one of the best performances yesterday. I mean, their voices were on spot, they sounded great and the way they harmonized was also great.

I‘m still disgusted it didn’t qualify but we all knew it would eventually. A real pity they "sacrificed" Tural and Turan for their agenda but it had to be. All countries that were somehow involved in the scandal last year have pretty "bad" songs this year (at least it’s perceived by the public).

hijirio

Veteran
I always say that they should have sung in their own language. It was dead on arrival anyway, at least they could use this chance to promote Azerbaijani.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I could even imagine it was a "friendly suggestion" (penalty) by the EBU to compete with some tame song that reflects the British music scene to make up for their behaviour and as a further consequence they even put it after Loreen so it was dead on arrival.
That would be a scandal if proven true. I don't think EBU is related to it in any capacity. But EBU did dirty by putting them after Loreen for sure. Their slight chance was turned to dust in the sand at the second the running order was revealed.

Nicfedy

Yes I found this and the Latvian entry melodic, interesting and well performed. Doesn’t take away that they are are both decent songs and would have enhanced the quality and diversity of music styles in the final.

JenJen94

I thought they gave a lovely performance last night, it was really charming and cute if I'm honestly. However sadly I had the feeling like many others that this wouldn't qualify and it was correct....they should hold their heads high! Well done to them in a very strong semi!

Lindon

Assessment ORF.at

The twin brothers TuralTuranX from Azerbaijan were responsible for the sweet part of the evening: The guitar pop number "Tell Me More" awakened memories of many similar-sounding songs from Great Britain. Still, flattering oneself with the host in this way was not rewarded.

SAYAY

They may not have qualified and this semi final was VERY though, but I loved these two! Such great sportsmanship they have shown and they genuinely seem like very sympathetic, lovely lads and I wish them the best of luck in the future and I hope this has not scared Azerbaijan from using local songwriters in the future xrose xheart Would not mind seeing these two back in the contest at some point eitherxheart

midnightsun

Veteran
Same! I felt they have a nice personality. I really liked them in Interviews and the song was in my top 5 of the semi!

SAYAY

Same! I felt they have a nice personality. I really liked them in Interviews and the song was in my top 5 of the semi!
Yes and I only just now went a bit back into this thread and read about what they said about Brunettes song and that really warmed my heart as well xheart Love means music yesxheartxrose

Milos-BC

The song was already weak as it is, and the performance left no impression whatsoever. I don't know what happened this year but I am certain :az: will come back stronger in 2024.

kamc

Just want to say that one of the huge highlights from my Liverpool trip was meeting one of the twins, Turan, in euroclub at 4am at the bar area last Thursday night. He was so lovely to interact with and was delighted when I said his song was in my top 3 this year. In fact, the whole Azeri delegation were lovely and offered to take pics without me having to ask.
Then I met Eldar Gasimov a few moments afterwards waiting for a taxi and he was also very sweet to chat to as well. Those guys made my night by being so nice and genuine.

Top Bottom