8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajeje Brazorf

Well, time to share what in my opinion are the biggest pros and cons of all 37 songs in Eurovision. I'm starting things off with my actual number 1, Latvia. This are my pros and cons:

PROS:
There are a lot of pros, if you ask me. I find the composition really unique and authentic, I don't find any song similar to this one in recent years of Eurovision and the live performance was actually really good. I love the flow of the song and its strong but yet so simple message. I think it's an heartwarming song, I feel good after listening to this and I think a lot of people can feel the same way I feel, expecially in the bubble because the song is a grower: my personal experience is that I don't have it even as my winner of Supernova after the first listen, but it kept on growing on me every single time I was listening to this song and it never bored me. And another pro is that this song comes from Latvia, usually an underperforming country in Eurovision: the surprise factor for an entry like this from Latvia will give another boost of the song, because people like to compare things and this compared to almost all their entries is pure gold.

CONS:
It's a grower... Yes, it's both a pro and a con if you ask me, because while the bubble will love it more and more, the casual audience may not click on first impact and the first impact will be on the night of the first semifinal. This can cost Latvia a deserved (in my opinion) Q. Another con can be the genre not being everyone's cup of tea: the entry is quite experimental and the question is if it will surprisingly reach an audience more used to other genres.

CHANCES OF Q:
I'm maybe biased, but I saw in this song the same potential of "Saudade, Saudade" last year: it CAN definitely qualify. This year it will be more difficult because the semis are televoting only, but as Marta and Vaclav sang in 2015 "Hope Never Dies", and my hope is they can be the shocking qualifier of Semi 1.

Last edited:

ayzelto

Thye were good! Maybe not too memorable but vocally on point. They deserve qualification this time.

Ezio

Veteran
This song gets a lot of points in the authenticity department, but a lullaby is never a strong choice for Eurovision. Latvia is in serious danger of continuing their NQ streaks. The Nordic friends in their semi and maybe mainstreet people could save this song for the finals. This song oscillates between boring and wow, that's cool. The ending is too timid. 6points

harey

I will be so sad if they don't qualify, they are my clear personal favourites this year får beyond the other songs I like. Am I delusional thinking they can break Latvia's NQ streak? T__T

Ezio

Veteran
Yesterday i tried to recall all 37 songs from the back of my head. I failed miserably at Latvia and Georgia

vavera4ka

Portugal votes too. I'll spend my 20 votes on them, they need them the most. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I believe if this entry's fans really united, they could make a difference.
Not sure where I saw this opinion, but it made enough sense for me to raise my hopes up lol
This song has no competition in this semi. Group battle: Malta and Ireland are kinda playing in the same corner and there will be vote splitting. Finland is too different of a rock. Indie... well, I guess Azerbaijan is indie, but they are probably one of the clearest outsiders in this semi.
So if you are in general a fan of this genre, you have only one song to throw your votes to.
Whether there will be enough fans to tip the scales remains to be seen, but you know... hope and all

escEndre

We have talked with Sudden Lights that will represent Latvia in this years Eurovision! 🙂
Get to know them and their background here! What du you think of their song? 🥳🥳

Please subscribe our YouTube-channel for the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

yuki_vamp.esc

holy cow! there's a lot of support in the current Ranking Game for Latvia!!!
LFG!!!

yuki_vamp.esc

This song has no competition in this semi.
Indeed, I even wondered how can some reactors and most of those top videos listed both Swiss and the Netherlands qualifying when both are in the same demographic thus splitting the votes.

Top Bottom