Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Deleted member 12761

Blanka, wow! Honestly, this was the best performance and song for me. A moment!

hunty73

Spain different league,brutal how good she is,sell the soul to the moon moment at ESC and they challenge the win.

Semra

"Slightly mediocre" is an euphemism for Mae, I am sorry, that was a trainwreck on the levels of last year's :cy: :(. Fingers crossed it's just the illness.

Slovenia just felt undersold / badly mixed, I think the vocals were fine.

I heard Mae was off esp. in the beginning. But it was nothing compared to my disappointment with, for instance, my favorite Fusa Nocta and Czechia 2022. I remember We are Domi sounded much better in the final though (but still bad).

OMG Blanca Paloma always so perfect! She can't be human.

Last edited:

hunty73

Spain looks like little for the televote,but if they stage it right they can create a real moment.With the televote split all over,if they could secure a jury landslide the crown is in reach,huge talent,staging will decide if its 5th or 1st.

Decayingbooks

Spain different league,brutal how good she is,sell the soul to the moon moment at ESC and they challenge the win.
I honestly would rather see Blanca winning than Loreen, but it ain't going to happen, Tatto is trending in many tops all across europe and we all know that it will be jury winner in the grand final

Semra

Latvia was actually quite bad vocally. The vocalist even showed disappointment when he finished. I think you're confused by sound mix, especially if you are watching on PC or laptop. Watch on TV with SRS.
Watching on laptop, yes.
I wanted Latvia to be good, sad about that :(

Decayingbooks

The vods of Barcelona Eurovision Party 2023 are available on:

And the entire show is available at:

Watching on laptop, yes.
I wanted Latvia to be good, sad about that :(

Saw them live on Moldovan national contest and they can pull off good vocals. It wasn't their day today. The vocalist has good technique, but he is standard mid range after all. I do fear for their qualification looks however. If he falls flat like today, the overall impression could be - unimpressive

Semra

Oh wow. Mimicat did great. Sounds like a sure qualifier.
Blanca is such an amazing singer.
She really is a great singer, but why that dress again? I hate it, it looks like a big sack of balloon! She looked much better in the final.

hunty73

I honestly would rather see Blanca winning than Loreen, but it ain't going to happen, Tatto is trending in many tops all across europe and we all know that it will be jury winner in the grand final
I think the EBU worked with Sweden to get an entry to beat Ukraine.The EBU knew another Ukraine win would be a disaster for the contest and need a jury winner that can get close enough in the televote.The irony is they will end up with another poor winner.The last ten years has seen much better contests,but much worst winners.The loss of lots of Balkan nations etc has really weakened the contest as well.The contest goes through periods where it becomes a parody,its in one of those.

Ezio

Veteran
So, I have heard a youtube saying that this year they try to level the playing field by putting stronger songs in weaker slots and vice versa. But Romania and Azerbaijan were punished on purpose, I guess.

lacrymea

I watched bits and pieces of the show. What's up with the audience? Are they eurofans or just people who showed up to the wrong party?

Top Bottom