Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

aef

Omg how random and shitty is this running order. This is so annoying. Worst running order in years! Will post my detailed thoughts later.

Rocket man

Watching all of the videos in the running order, Croatia and Czechia stood out a lot for me and Portugal and the Netherlands seem doomed to fail to qualify.

Also Slovenia, Austria, Lithuania, and interestingly Belgium stood out a lot from Semi final 2.

But of course I still think the live performances can make a big difference.

yuki_vamp.esc

still waiting for someone to noticed that all entries in even numbers in semi final 1 were the "fight for the 2 spots - producers :devilish:".

I bims

Veteran
Can someone explain to me why production is apparently favouring Sweden, by giving them slot 11 in the running order? Isn't that just right after a break, so they have time to set up the LED sandwich? Statistically it's one of the worst slots. And the only Semi winner that started from slot 11 was Loreen herself in 2012.

And why is performing last apparently a statement that they want Finland to win?! Czechia and Armenia closed the semis last year, so was production rigging it for them? Aren't they just putting prop heavy stagings last and prefer to close with energetic songs, with Finland fitting both of these criteria?

These "EBU only favors Nordic countries" conspiracies make zero sense. It's exhausting.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Can someone explain to me why production is apparently favouring Sweden, by giving them slot 11 in the running order? Isn't that just right after a break, so they have time to set up the LED sandwich? Statistically it's one of the worst slots. And the only Semi winner that started from slot 11 was Loreen herself in 2012.
Slot 11 has the third worst qualification of any slot in the producer decided running order history I believe

Bobjan FR

And why is performing last apparently a statement that they want Finland to win?! Czechia and Armenia closed the semis last year, so was production rigging it for them? Aren't they just putting prop heavy stagings last and prefer to close with energetic songs, with Finland fitting both of these criteria?

These "EBU only favors Nordic countries" conspiracies make zero sense. It's exhausting.
As you said, i think it's for the echo with Loreen's participation in 2012, when she was the 11th. Nothing else.

Betwixt Tales

As you said, i think it's for the echo with Loreen's participation in 2012, when she was the 11th. Nothing else.
I think that is putting meaning into something that's a coincidence.

I had her predicted as the 11th slot too. But I had no memory of it being her position in '12 as well.

I bims

Veteran
And it has the worst qualification rate if you only count televotes.
So... the producers gave Sweden the worst slot for a televote-only Semi. And people want to tell me that they give Sweden special treatment? 🙃 They are probably just confident that Sweden can qualify from any slot and spared another country this death sentence.

midnightsun

Veteran
G'morning.

You can all go on at me now again, but this is my personal opinion and I think all should be respected, whether you agree or not.

They have spot no. 11 for Loreen for two reasons. One I think is the staging maybe (but we can’t know that for sure yet) and second, this is my personal opinion, to give Loreen the best possible starting position in the final. And her "opponent" Finland away from her with the explanation "well, you already got that preferable spot in the semi, now it’s turn for the other contender to win". Doesn’t matter which half Loreen's about to start in the GF, she will for sure get the most favourable spot, even if Finland had the most televotes in the semi.
They already did that in past years so it’s not directly only a Sweden-thing. But it’s not too late: maybe they‘re gonna prove me wrong; we‘ll see.

But the most memorable running order in that regard was imho 2019 when they put fan favorite KEiiNO in such a (considered) "bad spot" in the final to be no "harm" for Sweden. There were other hints to Sweden pandering that year, like the big jury and televote differences, the unusually long voting time at that time, which has become standard now (back then because they realized John Lundvik did not get as many televote as they wished for), Norway not being able to perform twice in the jury finale after they had technical issues etc.

Top Bottom