ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Yass neighbors! This is top. 3 material for me, a bit as if Hatari went a bit softer and added more techno and synth-Pop to the mix and a bit less metal. I really like this, it's catchy, it's different yet authentic (it's not trying to be different for the sake of being different, it just is different) and it doesn't feel custom made for Eurovision which is another plus.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran

Betwixt Tales

Am I the only one who really likes the second part but absolutely not the first?
For me, it was the other way around. But after learning the lyrics/story in the song, I love both parts. The genre shift makes perfect sense when you understand the story he's telling. :)

But I just love this entry, period. It has not failed to put me in a good mood even once.

marty

For me, it was the other way around. But after learning the lyrics/story in the song, I love both parts. The genre shift makes perfect sense when you understand the story he's telling. :)

But I just love this entry, period. It has not failed to put me in a good mood even once.
Thats probably the concept behind the song. some love the first part, some love the second part, some love both parts. all vote for the song.

simori95

Finland closing Semi 1. As winners do. 🥰

Kudos to BBC, they could have been tempted to let Sweden or Israel close.
Only if their stagings are relatively easily manageable. I was relatively sure Loreen wouldn’t close IF she is allowed to keep the Panini maker, cause it probably takes a lot of Time to put it on stage, so they probably need a break Right before she comes on stage. If she WON‘T have the staging she did at Melfest though: touché. And Israel… who the hell knows what Israel is up to, so I wouldn’t dare comment on it.

Only if their stagings are relatively easily manageable. I was relatively sure Loreen wouldn’t close IF she is allowed to keep the Panini maker, cause it probably takes a lot of Time to put it on stage, so they probably need a break Right before she comes on stage. If she WON‘T have the staging she did at Melfest though: touché. And Israel… who the hell knows what Israel is up to, so I wouldn’t dare comment on it.

Loreen will really perform in that sandwich? Hope not.

Finland will also have lots of constructions and dancers, I don't think that's the reason why Loreen is 11th and Finland last.

IMO this r/order has more to do with festive and energetic character of both Norway as opener and Finland as the best closing act in that regards.

Israel doesn't need anything on stage, that woman is fire walking.

simori95

Finland will also have lots of constructions and dancers, I don't think that's the reason why Loreen is 11th and Finland last.

IMO this r/order has more to do with festive and energetic character of both Norway as opener and Finland as the best closing act in that regards.

I am not sure if Loreen will be allowed to keep it, but I think the finish boxing ring out of pallets is quite quick to put on stage. That’s just my unprofessional opinion though. I don’t know if EBU would have put Loreen Last with a quicker preparable staging, but with the package she has right now, I think it would be difficult. And something tells me she will get to keep it in at least a similar Form.

Well, they were both qualifying anyway. One might say that, this way, Sweden gets a better spot in the final than Finland, for fairness purposes... 😇

I don't think that running order adds up anything to Loreen. Even if she was at 24, her song is simply

1. For the better- Loreen's
2. For the worse - Meh 🤣

A-lister

Veteran
This would be a worthy winner of ESC'23, but people have probably forgotten that the evil, bitter, corrupt and lame grandmas aka the juries are still in the final and this has everything they loath... there is no way this could win with the grandmas onboard.

shameless

Let's see but I think him winning Semi1 by a landslide has just been confirmed. :love:
If Sweden will again win thanks to the jury while a clear tellyvote winner is robbed, it will not look good on them especially when it's resulting in a singer winning for the 2nd time. They would have not anyone stealing their thunder but I can totally see Käärija doing that. I think why it resonates so well with many people these days it's that this "Screw the world, I want to have my fun no matter what"-part is twisted in the 2nd half. In the end we're all still our inner children who want to enjoy live without doing harm to others and ourselves. I totally got this from the first viewing and I haven't played a performance pre ESC as often as his one on UMK.

debemaks

Finland is last as they have a ton of glittered paper to remove from stage and it's impossible in 40 seconds to clean up all that mess! :p

Top Bottom