Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Biste

Everybody will have fallen asleep and then suddenly BAM AUSTRALIA. Would have swapped that one and Austria actually. (And yes, I sense the irony with running internet gag of Australia & Austria)

Ajeje Brazorf

Some countries are dead on arrival (Romania and Albania, for example)... I don't understand Armenia second spot in the second semi: I mean, that song is easily the best of the first half and can easily qualify despite the 2nd spot, but maybe someone is not that convinced by it...

EscGeek

Veteran
So my country is sandwiched between my this years winner and my favorite eurovision country overall.

Nice xdance2

Mainshow

Veteran
Some countries are dead on arrival (Romania and Albania, for example)... I don't understand Armenia second spot in the second semi: I mean, that song is easily the best of the first half and can easily qualify despite the 2nd spot, but maybe someone is not that convinced by it...

No.

From that bunch of entries, :ro: and :al: are sure-fire qualifiers.

empo21

Veteran
xclap xclap xclap this is a very good draw - especially Semi 1. It makes sense and there aren't really any #choices like last year.

Crying for :mt: 's spot, but I'm also so glad that BBC didn't treat the #2 spot like a gutter bin for trash songs, but instead put the flow in priority.

:ie: and :se: getting the post-commercial spot I'm assuming, so BBC did throw a bone to Ireland after all.
:dk: opening is just a warm-up for :am:

Georgia looking very nice in that spot, same for Lithuania.

Overall, I'm pleased.

Ajeje Brazorf

No.

From that bunch of entries, :ro: and :al: are sure-fire qualifiers.

No way Romania is gonna qualify sandwiched between Armenia and Estonia... No way Albania is qualifying sandwiched between Austria and Lithuania, with Australia as a closer not that far away... I may be wrong, but those are my thoughts

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
A few thoughts on the running order: it’s alright actually, after all the running order isn’t important to me. The die hard fans don’t care about from which position their faves are gonna start from.

The faves are at the beginning, the middle and the end of each Semi / half. They are not executing the "good song / bad song“ pattern this time.

One thought about SWE/FIN: both songs are very popular, almost the same with the audience. So they put Sweden in a "worse" position in the running oder and Finland the "best“ so they can change that in the final to give both a good spot during the whole contest. They know both will qualify anyway. If Sweden draws 2nd half for the GF, they will be at #24-25 for sure!

theditz83

Veteran
Malta seems D.O.A. after Norway and Lithuania also seems like it has a bad draw to my ears...

Denmark opening the semi - hope the auto-tune backing vocals are cranked to the max xfaint

empo21

Veteran
I don't think the reason for Sweden's earlier draw is that deep. They're likely bringing the LED panini to Liverpool and they need more time to set it up, so they put it right after a likely ad break after each 5th song.

hijirio

Veteran
Sooooooooo rigged & corrupt

Esc is becoming such a scripted fictional show

I’m actually mad

Bring back random order now

midnightsun

Veteran
Denmark opening is one of the most bizarre running order choices in the entire eleven years of producer chosen running orders

Not really. Riley is one of the artists with the most international appeal, so is the song and since people worldwide are involved this year he is a good figurehead to represent the contest to the international audience. I would have put him 1st too.
(And I even don’t like the song, but it’s obvious.)

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not really. Riley is one of the artists with the most international appeal, so is the song and since people worldwide are involved this year he is a good figurehead to represent the contest to the international audience. I would have put him 1st too.
(And I even don’t like the song, but it’s obvious.)
The most international appeal? He doesnt even have domestic appeal he came second in the televote in his own country to the most generic dad rock song I have ever heard, Reiley cannot sing and the song is terrible putting Denmark first in semi 2 is to the detriment of the contest

ekzuu

It's good enough for me because Norway is opening and it's just iconic. Denmark is kinda weak opener though, but Belgium's opening would be a waste too, it's more suitable towards the end... I wouldn't pick Finland and Australia to close, but I guess Australia is in commonwealth unlike Austria :D And Australia's song is not about American... And happy that Estonia is not second, I hoped not to be 2nd or 3rd and that's what happened :) And after Alika's performance all Estonians can party with Gustaph with relief.

Top Bottom