2 1.6%

8 6.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Biste

Apparently it is a quote from one of teenager facebook post thingies.

Does this count as plagiarism? I have legit no clue how the law works, but you're commercially exploiting someone else's words? You can obviously only come up with so many sentences, but this is a bit... And who knows where this girl on pinterest got the quote from herself... Just noticed as well the pinterest post has it as "neaT cafés" while these twitter copies and the song has it as "neaR cafés". Learn to read lol (and neat makes some more sense as well :D)
At what point you're going from 'inspired by' to 'copying', I don't know...

Ajeje Brazorf

Does this count as plagiarism? I have legit no clue how the law works, but you're commercially exploiting someone else's words? You can obviously only come up with so many sentences, but this is a bit... And who knows where this girl on pinterest got the quote from herself... Just noticed as well the pinterest post has it as "neaT cafés" while these twitter copies and the song has it as "neaR cafés". Learn to read lol (and neat makes some more sense as well :D)
At what point you're going from 'inspired by' to 'copying', I don't know...

Nope, since those public posts are not copyrighted.

Biste

I got interested and started googling.

According to this, it ain't that straight forward: The content must be original to its author, meaning the expression cannot be copied from someone else, and it must possess at least a minimal amount of creativity.
The fact it's posted in public, actually seems to be totally irrelevant.

This makes it sound that the bar for being creative is actually set quite low...

Not like the person of whatever the original post with this sentence might ever know of the existence of this song. Just a nice thought experiment. :)

crashworld

Veteran
Speaking of diction, does anyone also hear "Fart on my face" when she sings "Fire in my veins"

I guess she and Iru from Georgia shared the same diction teacher.
Iru did sing this famous line in her entry:

And at one point I thought she was singing "My Love is not a faaarrttt".
Days in a row
I'm thinking, I know
My love is not a fake
This feeling is lord
Will be better way
Will be better day now
It is not a secert

A-lister

Veteran
Armenia being given the death slot definitely wasn't on my cards.
I am not surprised, the song is bland *there I said it!*

I try to go back to it to see what everyone is raving about but I'm clearly listening to something else.

Ezio

Veteran
Armenia being given the death slot definitely wasn't on my cards.
Doesn’t matter in the semi much, only 16 countries. They needed a girly to follow up on Reily

Wynnter

I feel like the EBU wanted to rid the second slot from it's "death slot" title by choosing the entry that had the highest qualification odds in the semi. Let us not forget that Armenia is highest in the odds for semi 2.
If only they had the balls to put Loreen (or any other odds leader) in second place in the grand final. xcoffee

12Pointsgoto.....

If only they had the balls to put Loreen (or any other odds leader) in second place in the grand final. xcoffee
They cannot do that to a fan favourite without having half the staff get death threats on twitter. Remember when Destiny got 7th in the running order in 2021, now Imagine if Maneskin or Barbara were put in the second spot in the grand final.

DanielLuis

Yeah the thing with that is that in the GF going #02 absolutely kills your chances of winning. It's different to be that early in a field of 26 songs versus in a field of 15/16 songs.

Top Bottom