Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

MopManMoss

Veteran
Don't know Manboy, as I only started with the whole NF thing a few years ago, but I'll make sure that I never check it out.

On a related note, I absolutely despise :se: 2021 but at least it spared us Every Minute, featuring the typcial "incredible" :se: staging that made me ask myself, "Is Eric Saade trying to tell us he wants to f@#$ that ninja?"
BEHOLD, MUSICAL TERRORISM

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Yodel it (:ro: 2017) is one of if not the worst Eurovision song of all time

I lived it for it before Eurovision but on stage it looked stupid
Alf Poier is singlehandedly responsible for the quality of the mid to late 2000s at eurovision (and I love Weil der Mensch zählt)
No, Marie N. is to blame. She unleashed the storm a year prior already.

Ezio

Veteran
I am not on the Gustaph hype train and I like it even less with the music video:

- stealing Anetra’s duck walk
- he works his mouth in a way that disgusts me

MopManMoss

Veteran
I lived it for it before Eurovision but on stage it looked stupid

No, Marie N. is to blame. She unleashed the storm a year prior already.
But Marie N basically just did what Bucks Fizz did the song itself was normal, Alf was the first absolutely nuts song (his performance is my very first memory of Eurovision)

Ezio

Veteran
But Marie N basically just did what Bucks Fizz did the song itself was normal, Alf was the first absolutely nuts song (his performance is my very first memory of Eurovision)
Guildo Horn sent a nutty song in 1998. The song of the 2000’s weren’t so nutty, rather attention whorish circus acts. I mean even UK, Spain, France and Germany went low and Italy said, Ok I’m out

Ezio

Veteran
Isn’t it funny how Sweden blanked Norway in 1995 and the 1996 NRK host read the Swedish spokeswoman to filth with arithmetic exercises before she allowed her to apologize with 10 points?

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Guildo Horn sent a nutty song in 1998. The song of the 2000’s weren’t so nutty, rather attention whorish circus acts. I mean even UK, Spain, France and Germany went low and Italy said, Ok I’m out
But Guildo hat euch lieb! is incredibly tame compared to Weil der Mensch zählt

MooseShoes

I've never understood so many fans' hate for :lv: 2002. It was fun, upbeat and certainly more of its time than man previous winners. Is it mainly because she beat :mt:?

MopManMoss

Veteran
I've never understood so many fans' hate for :lv: 2002. It was fun, upbeat and certainly more of its time than man previous winners. Is it mainly because she beat :mt:?
2002 is one of if not the weakest year of all time in my opinion, I dont like Marie N as a performer but she did a great job of hosting in 2003

Ezio

Veteran
I was happy Malta didnt win with that cheesy song but I was obsessed with :uk::ee::se: that year and of course :at: which flopped as usual for no obvious reason.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I was happy Malta didnt win with that cheesy song but I was obsessed with :uk::ee::se: that year and of course :at: which flopped as usual for no obvious reason.
What did you like about :uk: 2002? I have never understood why it did so well

Ezio

Veteran
What did you like about :uk: 2002? I have never understood why it did so well
If Estonia weren’t there with Sahlene, she would have won. And likewise Estonia without Jessica Garlick for UK. She served me Britney Born to make you happy realness. It was a very pleasant song that still sounds better than many songs today.

maybe 2004 to 2009 would have been better years then.

that note after 1:20 is so wholesome

I don’t know why Estonia, which was one of the most progressive countries at that time, built such a cheesy and boring stage and Latvia the following year smashed it out of the park with a massive avant-garde stage. Also Denmark the year before gave us nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom