8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
Even if we subtract the Germans who have voted there is a tendency at least.
Other countries‘ people have voted for their own country too.
So what’s left after these votes are all subtracted is a feeling we will maybe not end 5th in the televote, that’s a bit overstated, but I think we can do fairly well.
I think it will bomb with the juries so something mid-table is still possible *fingers crossed*

I bims

Veteran
By the way: voting at Eurovisionworld.

Who should win ESC 2023?
Germany 5th place there at the moment! :oops:

Wow!
Oh god, we get one good act and people start getting delusional 😭 Israel being No.1 in the poll is also highly questionable. That fucking mess of a song?! It might come to life on stage like Slomo but the lyrics are so cringy. If that outperforms Cha Cha Cha, I will be upseeeet. (I voted for Finland in the poll by the way)

midnightsun

Veteran
Oh god, we get one good act and people start getting delusional

Oh god, we get one good song and people start mocking we are just happy and celebrate the song being popular! :p

Nothing to do with being delusional. I already wrote that many people vote for their own country, and I don’t think Israel will win. But overall the reaction to B & G on social media is fairly well!

So could we just celebrate and be happy like our Austrian friends do this every year in their thread? Thanks! ;)

Deleted member 12761

Israels song is a bop but I don't see it winning either. Not even Top 5. As for Germany I believe it when I see it. I still think we could end up in the Bottom 5 or somewhere between 15 - 20. I don't see us in the Top 10 but of course it would be great. I don't trust any of these fan polls.

midnightsun

Veteran
Of course fan polls don’t mean anything but it’s the biggest fan poll and the fact alone people even bother to vote for Germany, even the ones from Germany, is a huge success! Especially since you can only vote once and for only one country, unlike in other polls.

So, I‘m not celebrating the doubtful 5th place but the fact there is some positive hype about a German entry this year, whether it be only Germans or not, doesn’t matter, as long as the contest is gaining more popularity here again - maybe.

I bims

Veteran
Oh god, we get one good song and people start mocking we are just happy and celebrate the song being popular! :p

Nothing to do with being delusional. I already wrote that many people vote for their own country, and I don’t think Israel will win. But overall the reaction to B & G on social media is fairly well!

So could we just celebrate and be happy like our Austrian friends do this every year in their thread? Thanks! ;)
I'm very happy with B&G, it's my favourite Big 5 song. But no reason to get carried away and vote for yourself in a poll to win the whole thing, when you know you won't even come close :'D

midnightsun

Veteran
And you think countries like Israel wouldn’t vote for themselves? ;)
If you substract all votes from people who voted from their own country there are really people who even bothered to vote for Germany! In a poll where you can only vote for one country.

Can you imagine someone voting for Jendrik or Malik Harris or the Sisters in a poll with 37 possibilities? :)
Just happy the contest is a thing here again right now, wherever that new popularity comes from, I don’t care. ;)

Franzilein

Can you imagine someone voting for Jendrik or Malik Harris or the Sisters in a poll with 37 possibilities? :)

Always the Jendrik shade, my poor sunny cringefest boii xcry

But seriously, gotta agree! I don't take these polls seriously at all, but it's nice to finally see us Germans (or rather most of us) be happy and supportive of our entry. It's been a while!

mauve

Veteran
Of course fan polls don’t mean anything but it’s the biggest fan poll and the fact alone people even bother to vote for Germany, even the ones from Germany, is a huge success! Especially since you can only vote once and for only one country, unlike in other polls.

So, I‘m not celebrating the doubtful 5th place but the fact there is some positive hype about a German entry this year, whether it be only Germans or not, doesn’t matter, as long as the contest is gaining more popularity here again - maybe.
Let's not forget that Germans are "Nörgler"! :ROFLMAO: People always assume that when you are passionate about an entry that we are expecting to win or to be top 10. :rolleyes: I simply love the song, celebrate it and am happy that we once or all we DO NOT have radio-friendly song. I expect a place between 15-20 and even when we end up bottom 5, I still am happy because I encountered a new band that I will follow from now on. :)

midnightsun

Veteran
Always the Jendrik shade, my poor sunny cringefest boii xcry

Don’t get me wrong, I defended Jendrik vividly here! He‘s such a nice guy and I even liked "I don’t feel hate" - unironically. :)

But out of a choice of all songs I still wouldn’t have voted for him if I only had once vote…

midnightsun

Veteran
I simply love the song, celebrate it and am happy that we once or all we DO NOT have radio-friendly song.

This! :)
One time of going crazy like the Spanish Fans and we are already put in our place :ROFLMAO:
Just let us drool just this one year. Only this. Next year we’re gonna be crashing again for sure.

HarryUK

So the artist who is 3rd on Wiwi is last? Is this a curse? :unsure:

last.gif
Not necessarily - just Wiwi always seem the furthest away from reality with most polls, not saying Germany won't finish 3rd though.

Semra

To all Germans / LOTL fans:

Me and my daughter were cleaning (she's a young musician). I had just introduced her to this year's songs. As someone with a more indie/dark/nordic music taste and style, she at first play of the LOTL video said they were too "out there" for her taste. Too metal and glittery. She liked Blind Channel and Måneskin, this was just too glam.

Then, as I was turning the vaccumer off, I heard from the bathroom:

"Blood and glitter, sweet and bitter..."

"What are you singing?", I said. "I thought you didn't like them that much?" :unsure:
"I'm starting to kind of dig them", she said. "It's just so catchy!"
And so it happened that I now hear a constant "Blood and glitter" sung beautifully behind her closed bedroom door :love:
(She btw fell in love with the piano version later)

She'll send a few votes your way now (among a few other acts).

simori95

To all Germans / LOTL fans:

Me and my daughter were cleaning (she's a young musician). I had just introduced her to this year's songs. As someone with a more indie/dark/nordic music taste and style, she at first play of the LOTL video said they were too "out there" for her taste. Too metal and glittery. She liked Blind Channel and Måneskin, this was just too glam.

Then, as I was turning the vaccumer off, I heard from the bathroom:

"Blood and glitter, sweet and bitter..."

"What are you singing?", I said. "I thought you didn't like them that much?" :unsure:
"I'm starting to kind of dig them", she said. "It's just so catchy!"
And so it happened that I now hear a constant "Blood and glitter" sung beautifully behind her closed bedroom door :love:
(She btw fell in love with the piano version later)

She'll send a few votes your way now (among a few other acts).
That‘s awesome! Let‘s hope the same effect will have kicked in for a lot(l) of people who also didn’t feel an Instant appeal by the time the recaps hit.

Semra

That‘s awesome! Let‘s hope the same effect will have kicked in for a lot(l) of people who also didn’t feel an Instant appeal by the time the recaps hit.
I can tell you it didn't take long... Maybe an hour or so after my introduction. So yes - I believe it can happen quite fast because it's very memorable.

Realest

Now 3rd in the overall wiwibloggs "Who should win Eurovision?" Poll… :love:

The Wiwi Poll from 2019, the Day of the Final:

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
Germany: S!sters – “Sister” 42.66% (10,066 votes)

Italy: Mahmood – “Soldi” 7.34% (1,732 votes)

The Netherlands: Duncan Laurence – “Arcade” 6.81% (1,608 votes)

Australia: Kate Miller-Heidke – “Zero Gravity” 5.61% (1,324 votes)

France: Bilal Hassani – “Roi” 5.31% (1,252 votes)

Cyprus: Tamta – “Replay” 4.75% (1,120 votes)

Estonia: Victor Crone – “Storm” 4.06% (957 votes)

Malta: Michela – “Chameleon” 3.64% (860 votes)

Iceland: Hatari – “Hatrið mun sigra” 2.75% (650 votes)

Switzerland: Luca Hänni – “She Got Me” 2.27% (536 votes)

Greece: Katerine Duska – “Better Love” 1.68% (397 votes)

Sweden: John Lundvik – “Too Late for Love” 1.57% (371 votes)

Spain: Miki – “La Venda” 1.53% (360 votes)

Norway: KEiiNO – “Spirit in the Sky” 1.51% (356 votes)

Albania: Jonida Maliqi – “Ktheju tokës” 1.41% (333 votes)

Azerbaijan: Chingiz – “Truth” 1.11% (263 votes)

Russia: Sergey Lazarev – “Scream” 0.98% (232 votes)

North Macedonia: Tamara Todevska – “Proud” 0.95% (225 votes)

Slovenia: Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – “Sebi” 0.94% (222 votes)

Czech Republic: Lake Malawi – “Friend of a Friend” 0.69% (162 votes)

Serbia: Nevena Božović – “Kruna” 0.6% (142 votes)

United Kingdom: Michael Rice – “Bigger than Us” 0.5% (119 votes)

Israel: Kobi Marimi – “Home” 0.42% (99 votes)

San Marino: Serhat – “Say Na Na Na” 0.34% (81 votes)

Belarus: ZENA – “Like It” 0.31% (72 votes)

Denmark: Leonora – “Love Is Forever” 0.25% (59 votes)

Top Bottom